Blowout Cards Forums
Sport Card Album

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!

I recently found a collector who says he's had these stickers in storage for the last 25 years, so I bought them! Beckett Grading Services couldn't grade them because they don't know anything about them and there is no copyright logos on them anywhere so they are "unlicensed". So they are sending them back to me unslabbed which is a bummer. I believe they should have been authenticated, what do you guys think? My research CAN'T FIND ANYTHING AT ALL ABOUT THESE SMALLER Prism Stickers. I know how PSA grades the larger ones, and BGS even said they would grade the larger stickers, but why not these? These things are SCARCE and should have some sort of classification!

Last edited by theblacksuit; 02-13-2013 at 03:08 PM.
theblacksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

They appear to be vending stickers, but I could be wrong.

No WWF logo or manufacturer on the stickers, so could be unauthorized/bootleg set.

PSA will grade the WMMC AWA prism vending stickers.

The Wendi Richter champion reference should date the stickers to 1984 or 1985.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Correct, they are vending machine stickers
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblacksuit View Post
These things are SCARCE and should have some sort of classification!
Hmmm, after extensive analysis and sending your pictures to the lab and searching all available literature I have come to the conclusion that the classification of these things is HULKTASTIC! And that further analysis will need to be done before I can determine WHAT'RE YA GONNA DO WHEN HULKMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU?!
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

I believe these are part of the same set. The Sgt Slaughter is the same as yours.

They are from recent ebay listings (I recently bought the Wendy Richter and the Sgt Slaughter). The Junkyard dog is currently listed fro sale.

I think there is also a Superfly sticker that is part of the set.
Attached Thumbnails
Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!-prisma.jpg   Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!-prismb.jpg   Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!-prismc.jpg   Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!-prismd.jpg  
Old 02-14-2013, 12:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Here's what PSA said about these stickers!

"The stickers would have to be a licensed and cataloged product in order for us to grade them. We would need to know how to properly identify these items (year, manufacturer, etc.) since the stickers you are inquiring about don’t have anything like printed on it we would not be able to authenticate or grade them either.

If you need further assistance, please contact PSA Customer Service at (800) 325-1121."

So I guess I'll just unpeel the rare vintage stickers and stick them on my bike?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Since PSA is basically saying they are just a custom type product you could probably have them green label encapsulated as a custom item to protect them.

Quote:

"The stickers would have to be a licensed and cataloged product in order for us to grade them. We would need to know how to properly identify these items (year, manufacturer, etc.) since the stickers you are inquiring about donít have anything like printed on it we would not be able to authenticate or grade them either.

If you need further assistance, please contact PSA Customer Service at (800) 325-1121."

So I guess I'll just unpeel the rare vintage stickers and stick them on my bike?
Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

"The stickers would have to be a licensed and cataloged product in order for us to grade them. We would need to know how to properly identify these items (year, manufacturer, etc.) since the stickers you are inquiring about donít have anything like printed on it we would not be able to authenticate or grade them either.

PM me a price on them.

Now Collecting: Ken Griffey Jr. & Kevin Garnett
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifish73 View Post
Since PSA is basically saying they are just a custom type product you could probably have them green label encapsulated as a custom item to protect them.
Thanks, yes I seen how they slab cards using the green label! Something to think about, I am not sure though because they're real. I would rather have some sort of classification on these. If I must wait years then they'll be put up until I am able to send them in for authentication.

Last edited by theblacksuit; 02-14-2013 at 09:22 PM.
theblacksuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

PSA just doesn't know anything about them. If you can find any supporting material, such as a magazine ad or a vending backing board with a company name, then they should be able to authenticate them.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthoemke View Post
PSA just doesn't know anything about them. If you can find any supporting material, such as a magazine ad or a vending backing board with a company name, then they should be able to authenticate them.
Thanks, I will keep searching that's for sure.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

I'd guess they were produced by the same company that produced other prism vending stickers during the 80's and early 90's. There were a lot of sets produced during this time, and most remain uncataloged due to their scarcity and lack of public information on these items.
Attached Thumbnails
Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!-1.jpg   Ultra Scarce Vintage HULK HOGAN Prism Stickers FOUND!-2.jpg