Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #51 (permalink)

Awesome sketches Chris! I love the one of the Governor with the tanks.
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #52 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mbellamy

A sampling of my cards...
Mbellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:37 PM   #53 (permalink)

Been told by multiple distributors that allocations were severely cut for this release (onwards up to 25%). And binders limited to 350 according to the crypto website.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #54 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Been told by multiple distributors that allocations were severely cut for this release (onwards up to 25%). And binders limited to 350 according to the crypto website.
wow - kinda surprised BO is still at $950 per case.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #55 (permalink)

More walking dead, more allocations. Only getting 50% of my order on this release.
Campbelljh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #56 (permalink)

About 75% of cases will contain a sketch puzzle set
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #57 (permalink)

For those with Facebook accounts, if you share Cryptozoic's post by tomorrow noon PST you can win this Walking Dead sketch card by Camila Fortuna.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

mgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
About 75% of cases will contain a sketch puzzle set
I sent an e-mail to Miranda at Cryptozoic with a couple of questions about this set, and she told me that in the cases that don't have sketch puzzles, they will instead have a hot box that contains 2 sketches in it.

Also, the regular binder and the Diamond Previews binder have different cover art, and she indicated that the website would be updated in the next day or two to show the 2 different binders. And there won't be a SDCC binder this year, that was only made last year because of the limited amount of regular binders that were made last year that was too small for the demand.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Awesome sketches Chris! I love the one of the Governor with the tanks.
Thanks! When you mentioned the tanks I kept thinking of the one he rode to the prison and I kept thinking, "I don't remember drawing a tank card."
chris meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
I sent an e-mail to Miranda at Cryptozoic with a couple of questions about this set, and she told me that in the cases that don't have sketch puzzles, they will instead have a hot box that contains 2 sketches in it.

Also, the regular binder and the Diamond Previews binder have different cover art, and she indicated that the website would be updated in the next day or two to show the 2 different binders. And there won't be a SDCC binder this year, that was only made last year because of the limited amount of regular binders that were made last year that was too small for the demand.
That's pretty cool to have every case have a little extra like that. Wish I was getting a case :/ I'll probably only bust 4 or 5 boxes.

And I have the Diamonds Preview binder pre-ordered, but might pre order the other one as well since I love the look on it. I pre-ordered the Diamond one for the printed sketch page and the 9 randomly inserted sketches..but if the look of the Diamond binder isn't better than the regular one ill probably pre-order both.

Crypto already has what the regular one will look like on their site.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #61 (permalink)

Non-Sport Update has some new information about this set. Specifically, that there will be a retail version, with sketch cards 1:60 packs and 25 redemption cards (1:2400 packs) for an oversized sketch card of the Governor by Bukshot, Chris Meeks, and Clayton McCormack.

The hobby redemptions are 1:5000 packs, and are for oversized sketch cards by Adlard and Kirkman. Looks like these will be black and white sketches like Series 1, while the retail sketch cards of the Governor will be in color.

Here's a link to the story:

The Walking Dead Comic Book Set 2 Retail Preview Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update
Old 05-28-2013, 03:23 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Non-Sport Update has some new information about this set. Specifically, that there will be a retail version, with sketch cards 1:60 packs and 25 redemption cards (1:2400 packs) for an oversized sketch card of the Governor by Bukshot, Chris Meeks, and Clayton McCormack.

The hobby redemptions are 1:5000 packs, and are for oversized sketch cards by Adlard and Kirkman. Looks like these will be black and white sketches like Series 1, while the retail sketch cards of the Governor will be in color.

Here's a link to the story:

The Walking Dead Comic Book Set 2 Retail Preview « Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update
So you have a way better chance at pulling a retail redemption than a hobby one? I'd think it would be the other way around even if the hobby redemptions are by Kirkman and Adlard.

Perfect that they'll only be at Target though. I'll probably wind up buying a bunch of retail packs since I get 15% off
Old 05-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
So you have a way better chance at pulling a retail redemption than a hobby one? I'd think it would be the other way around even if the hobby redemptions are by Kirkman and Adlard.

Perfect that they'll only be at Target though. I'll probably wind up buying a bunch of retail packs since I get 15% off
Do you work at Target?
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
Do you work at Target?
No I have a friend that does though.

I hopefully will soon though as a second job
Old 05-29-2013, 12:11 AM   #65 (permalink)

RETAIL - what a joke...so 25 redemptions at 1:2400 means 60000 packs which equates to 5000 cases...is it just me or is this just simply rediculous? it will and has probably already killed off any future value of base sets and seriously whats the point of getting hobby cases when Autos and Plates are only 1 in 2 cases and redemptions will be like 1 in 40 of the same black & white crap dished up in the 1st set, this is very upsetting...plus everyone keeps saying there was no product and allocation cuts were deep ! is it just me, whats going on here? Rant over....
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:52 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but the story was corrected...they will only be available at select Walmart stores.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but the story was corrected...they will only be available at select Walmart stores.
I'll still pick up some packs..but Walmart? Smh

I'd personally want my product in a little bit classier place like Target rather than Walmart. Oh well though, just have to drive further out of the way and no discount :/
Old 05-29-2013, 01:34 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveskywalker View Post
RETAIL - what a joke...so 25 redemptions at 1:2400 means 60000 packs which equates to 5000 cases...is it just me or is this just simply rediculous? it will and has probably already killed off any future value of base sets and seriously whats the point of getting hobby cases when Autos and Plates are only 1 in 2 cases and redemptions will be like 1 in 40 of the same black & white crap dished up in the 1st set, this is very upsetting...plus everyone keeps saying there was no product and allocation cuts were deep ! is it just me, whats going on here? Rant over....
Their might be 60,000 Retail packs..but I don't see how that would have a correlation with hobby cases as no boxes will be sold in retail. I believe the numbers on hobby boxes/cases are still low.

And I really hope the Adlard and Kirkman sketches are better this time than S1 comics
Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveskywalker View Post
Im pretty sure your math's off. It should come out to something like 208 cases, not 5000. This is because a hobby case has 288 packs in it.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:55 AM   #70 (permalink)

yes, my apologies 208 cases, i knew what i meant i just didnt work it out right, i should have used a calculator instead of an angry brain...still seems alot though....
Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 AM   #71 (permalink)

There was 68,000 retail packs for the Walking Dead Season 2 TV show release
Old 05-29-2013, 05:31 AM   #72 (permalink)

yes, i remember that although the chance of any hit in those was next to none, Im just a bit put off with the different redemptions most of all, they look pretty cool, and the standard kirkmn adlard are only black and white, so let hope they arent the same as S1. Im in Australia and the product doesnt get here, so I have to weigh alot of things up etc, as im sure we all do...i remember the carry on over the yuen/cohan signed redemption for S2 tv - i think there should be one redemption only so, as half of the people lucky enough to find the needle in the hay stack dont feel ripped off..i havent worded this right, but again, I hope you knwo what I mean...
Old 05-29-2013, 01:57 PM   #73 (permalink)

I agree that it's a shame that Cryptozoic put out a retail version of this product, mostly because many hobby orders got cut and allocated. I'm also surprised that the retail redemption is easier to pull, however I won't be running out to buy any since it is still 1:100 boxes. And with the regular sketch cards being about 1:3 boxes, that looks like a good way to throw your money away.

I also wish that Cryptozoic had gotten Adlard and Kirkman to use some color, at least put a splash of red in there or something! However, the redemptions were limited enough last year that I'm glad that we get a second chance to pull one. Yes, something different would be cool. But I still think the hobby redemption will be worth more than the retail redemption. Assuming that you get sketches from both Adlard and Kirkman like last year.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:24 PM   #74 (permalink)

Crypto just put up boxes and binders for preorder on their site.

Trading Cards

Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

Went to the site to preorder another box or two..But stopped when I saw the price. It's about $15 more per box than I was expecting for their preorders.

Looks like if I want to get some more I'll preorder elsewhere and save cash :/