Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Walking Dead Season 1 Cards Value

Okay, so I've a question I was hoping some of you could help me out with. I have the following cards, and Iím looking to move them as a lot, and get the fairest price possible for me and the buyer, I was going to put them on eBay, unless someone here was interestedÖ

One of each of the autos, not certain what exact ones as Iím at work, but I have one of each characters auto EXCEPT AndreasÖ

One of each of the wardrobes EXCEPT the Lori SP tank top (my Ricks First Kill is an awesome variant, it has a fold of material and a blood stain, also my Shaneís jeans variant is also just as cool in that it has the side seam of his pants)

A complete base set

Both complete insert sets

What would be a fair price to ask for this set? Is $200 in the ball park? I paid WELL over that putting this set together, but Iím willing to take a loss just to get this sold as I feel obligated to collect season 2, but donít want that headache again, plus my focus has since shifted to comics againÖso Iím open to trade for books as well namely Peter PanzerfaustÖ

Also Iíve never shipped cards out before, so any help/tips on shipping would be greatly appreciated too! Thanks in advance!!!!
projekt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'd give you $200 dollars for all those cards.

I'm guessing you meant $2000?
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
I'd give you $200 dollars for all those cards.

I'm guessing you meant $2000?
Nope I meant $200, I'm assuming I under-valued them?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Well considering just Daryl's auto went for $200 here:

Cryptozoic AMC The Walking Dead Season 1 Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon A18 Auto | eBay

I think you can get much much much more. I don't know a lot about the set, but prices seem sky high!
rarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

Awesome, well this is great news!!!!! So, I'm trying to forumlate a fair price to myself and others, anybody care to offer up some numbers or price ranges I could use as a starting point in an auction or to set a deal up here?

I can post pictures this weekend if they're requested...
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by projekt View Post
Awesome, well this is great news!!!!! So, I'm trying to forumlate a fair price to myself and others, anybody care to offer up some numbers or price ranges I could use as a starting point in an auction or to set a deal up here?

I can post pictures this weekend if they're requested...
If I were an unsavory individual I could have robbed you of that set for $200.

Just look on Ebay for what they're selling for. I bought both of my Daryl autos for $150 a piece and I thought that was a deal at the time. So I'd be weary of that. Otherwise why are you so worried about what the 'buyer' would want it for?

I'd just look what collections had sold for on the completed listings on Ebay and or just set a general auction.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
If I were an unsavory individual I could have robbed you of that set for $200.

Just look on Ebay for what they're selling for. I bought both of my Daryl autos for $150 a piece and I thought that was a deal at the time. So I'd be weary of that. Otherwise why are you so worried about what the 'buyer' would want it for?

I'd just look what collections had sold for on the completed listings on Ebay and or just set a general auction.
Cause I consider myself a "good guy" and don't want to take anyone for a fool...also I would rather a collector here get a good bargain and finish/start a set, then some random eBayer who most likely won't be as deserving as this community of collectors. And Iím just looking to raise enough funds to buy Peter Paznerfaust 1 &2
Old 02-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'd be interested in it but I won't even try as I wouldn't be able to afford what it's really worth. I only have about 5 autos (darn those blasted Carl and Glenn autos... must have pulled 2-3 of them each, which sucked cause I was only able to open about 10 boxes).

Your best bet would be to post scans of everything you have, but you will be really nickle and dimed as this set is valuable and people are always looking to make a steal.

For shipping a set like this, you should spare no expense and make sure you protect every card. After all, if it arrives damaged, the buyer will file a claim and get his money back and you will get back damaged cards. Besides penny sleeve/toploader for every auto and wardrobe, I would store the base and chase in a cardboard storage box that it will fit perfectly in and not move around. Then lots of bubble wrap/packaging peanuts.
t2554 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

^ thats what i need THANKS!!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
^ thats what i need THANKS!!!!!
No problem, protecting them for shipping is the key. But I'm not sure why you want to sell them to collect season 2? Season 1 will always be the most valuable set. Season 2 only has one auto of each character (except Sophia and Sophia walker) and, though the wardrobe set is big, you can work on that over time. Season 2 cards are plentiful on ebay but Season 1 cards don't come up nearly as often (search for the two Daryl autos from season 1 and compare them with the season 2 card).
Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

^ Maybe I wasn't clear I’m selling them so I don’t feel personally obligated to collect season 2 if that makes sense?
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
^ Maybe I wasn't clear Iím selling them so I donít feel personally obligated to collect season 2 if that makes sense?
Oh I thought you meant you were selling them TO collect season 2. Best of luck selling them, but if you want the best price you should try ebay.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'd certainly be interested in buying some of these cards off of you. I'm currently trying to put together a set for Season 2 but I still have gaps with my Season 1 collection.
icancu202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarthur View Post
Well considering just Daryl's auto went for $200 here:

Cryptozoic AMC The Walking Dead Season 1 Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon A18 Auto | eBay

I think you can get much much much more. I don't know a lot about the set, but prices seem sky high!
That's actually very low - his autos usually fall between $300-$350
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

id be interested once you came up with a price
Old 02-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
That's actually very low - his autos usually fall between $300-$350
I've been trying to get Daryl's auto for quite some time but I always get outbid. To be fair, I think the value which that auto holds would be in the range of $180 - $250 tops. Never seen it sell for $300 +
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icancu202 View Post
I've been trying to get Daryl's auto for quite some time but I always get outbid. To be fair, I think the value which that auto holds would be in the range of $180 - $250 tops. Never seen it sell for $300 +
I haven't either.

I got lucky though... I would hate to be trying to get one now. All I'm worried about is getting those S1 Andrea autos now.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #18 (permalink)

Price point would have to wait until tonight, at work and Bay is blocked, thus me asking the board for a fair price point....

A handful of these cards were bought off of Tim(posted above) on eBay, that's where my Rick's First Kill came from, not sure if he recalls...
Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't either.

I got lucky though... I would hate to be trying to get one now. All I'm worried about is getting those S1 Andrea autos now.
I had both of the Andrea autos, sold one to help pay for a case of Season 2. Would still much rather the Daryl auto considering I've been on the hunt to get one since late 2011.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #20 (permalink)

PM themadbacker, I know he is on "vacation" currently but he can see PMs and I think even respond to them. He's done a ton of buying and selling of WDS1 cards so he might be the best to get some answers out of.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/cactuspies
RIP Mom 10/8/09, PAPAJIM 11/22/10
Cactuspies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuspies View Post
PM themadbacker, I know he is on "vacation" currently but he can see PMs and I think even respond to them. He's done a ton of buying and selling of WDS1 cards so he might be the best to get some answers out of.
That's what I was alluding to before... I remember $2,000 being thrown around and that someone here even sold a set for around that.

I can't check Ebay either but I'm thinking the S1 set even incomplete as the OP indicated would fetch at least $1,300-1,500 easily. That's a guess but I can't imagine it being hard to get that amount.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Been following them from day 1 - they have been between $300-$350 twice for long stretches each time, the last of which just ended a couple/few months back.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #23 (permalink)

Projekt..If you're selling an entire base (Maybe few chase cards as well), I'd possibly be interested.

I got into the trading card game a little too late and missed out completely on WDS1. Not looking to spend as much money as it would cost to get a master set by any means, but I'd like to get all the base cards and a few chase cards or wardrobe too. Depending on the price.

Can pm me if you want, or if you're selling everything together and don't have an extra base...All is well and goodluck
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #24 (permalink)

I have only seen one S1 master set sell in the past 5-6 months for around $2,000 on eBay before the Andrea autographs were released in S2.

Other than that I have seen three others sets listed on eBay, one set missing the two Andrea autographs, a damaged Daryl wardrobe card, and no promos listed for $1,695 BIN/BO with 4 offers unsold. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMC-The-Walk...item51a6fa7b45

The other with Three sketch cards (George Deep, Vince Sunico, and Chris Thorne) & without the two Andrea autographs listed for $2,400 bidding unsold. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/WALKING-DEAD...item35c309405c

The last one was a complete set without Andrea's two autographs and no M18 Rick's first kill listed for $2,499.99 with 6 offers unsold. - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Cryptoz...vip=true&rt=nc

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 02-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Is $280 at 99 cent auction close enough (from a month ago)?

Walking Dead Season 1 Card Norman Reedus as Daryl Auto A18 Ultra RARE | eBay

Honestly, this is why I will continue to watch this thread, I don't want this guy to severely undersell himself.