Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Put my order in today. Should be here by the weekend. Stopped at Target on my way home from work hoping to get a taste. I thought I hit the jackpot when the vendor was restocking the trading cards section as I arrived... not so lucky. IM3 has not arrived in my area Targets just yet

If anybody has picked up any retail yet - Can you post the on pack odds (if any) for memo and auto cards?
Probably lucky that they didn't have it in stock yet. As posted above, the odds are 1:14,400 for costume and auto cards.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #52 (permalink)

oh... I thought that was just for sketches. I figured memo would be something like 1:96 like the previous releases. I'm interested in making up the retail parallel set IF (1) I like the look of it and (2) I'm okay with the retail pack price. That said, if I'm going to go for the retail parallel set and there are decent odds for the memo cards, I would shoot to pick up a couple of sealed gravity feed boxes.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
oh... I thought that was just for sketches. I figured memo would be something like 1:96 like the previous releases. I'm interested in making up the retail parallel set IF (1) I like the look of it and (2) I'm okay with the retail pack price. That said, if I'm going to go for the retail parallel set and there are decent odds for the memo cards, I would shoot to pick up a couple of sealed gravity feed boxes.
Sorry, just re-read the post above and it did only talk about sketches. Here's a picture of the odds on the box someone on Scoundrel Art posted. The odds for sketches, actor autos, and comic creator autos are all the same, 1:14,400. I guess it doesn't even list odds for the memorabilia cards, so don't know if that means they aren't in retail, or just that odds aren't listed.
Attached Thumbnails
Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-iron-man-3.jpg  
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #54 (permalink)

RETAIL PARALLEL CARDS ARE ONLY 1:18!?!?

That is crazy. I just assumed they would be 1:1 or 1:2. That is quite a retail chase set, requiring a minimum of 1,080 packs to finish with perfect collation?!? I think the 1:1 hobby parallel set will be sufficient for my collection
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

If anyone pulls any plates and they want to sell or trade let me know.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:06 PM   #56 (permalink)

I bought a few packs from Walmart. I got all base cards, as expected. It says to look for memorabilia cards on the front of the pack, but there are no odds listed on the back. Only parallels, autos, and sketch cards.
HaloHawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #57 (permalink)

I tried my local Target today, but no dice. I'll try a wal-mart on the way home tomorrow. But if odds are out of 14000 or so, geez. Even if you're just flexing packs for memorabilia cards, you're gonna spend a lot of gas haha
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #58 (permalink)

I have one last case left, but I think I'm going to bust it tonite. I've liked what I've seen so far, despite my hatred for U.D. lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #59 (permalink)

just opened my first hobby pack and i'm loving the parallels. nice job UD!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #60 (permalink)

I've got 6 boxes to open tonight!
If I get anything good I'll post in the breaks section.
buckycap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #61 (permalink)

I got 5 boxes in today. Busted one so far, the rest to follow this weekend. Posting my break here: Spider-Fan's Iron Man 3 Break
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #62 (permalink)

I must say these cards are very nice. I'm four boxes into a case, and I've hit 4 sketches, an auto/comic cards, and about 7-8 relic/material cards. I can't tell if UD loaded these cases, or if I just haven't busted wax in awhile lol. Spider's right, the parallel cards are awesome as well.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 04-26-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #63 (permalink)

Do people really think this is a short print?

Pepper Potts HT 6 RARE Costume Wardrobe Heroic Threads Card Iron Man 3 Movie | eBay
Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
I wish they'd release a list. I personally think the htt-6 is ssp tho. Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Movie Triple Costume Card HTT 6 Stark Potts Rhodes SP | eBay
Old 04-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #65 (permalink)

Can anyone here help me out on an artist for this sketch? I cannot see a name anywhere on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-scan0110.jpg  
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #66 (permalink)

This was recently posted on Cardboard Connection:

One of the most iconic parts of any superhero is their costume. For all the jokes about tights that have been told over the years, they're what help make heroes instantly recognizable. Masks, capes and powers go a long way too. And while Iron Man himself may not have a costume card in 2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3, just about every other key player does -- including lots of Iron Man's alter ego, Tony Stark. The 2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads checklist is one of the most expansive for a movie costume card set. They come with anywhere from one to four swatches as well as a pair of autographed Heroic Threads costume cards.

Heroic Threads cards combine to fall 1:12 hobby packs, or two per box. Nine different characters are included in the various sets. The swatch counts break down as follows:
Single Swatch: 11 cards
Autographed Single Swatch: 2 cards
Dual Swatch: 16 cards
Triple Swatch: 15 cards
Quad Swatch: 5 cards

There is also one ultra-rare Tony Stark patch card.

Costume swatches come from wardrobe pieces used for the film, similar to game-used jersey cards used in sports.

The images used on the various 2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads cards show quite a bit of repetition, but it's unlikely a lot of collectors are going to get more than a handful. Card makers are often limited in what they can and can't use with their licenses, particularly when it comes to yet-to-be-released movies.

The many combinations allow a much stronger chance of getting top characters like Tony Stark, Pepper Potts and the film's new villain, the Mandarin.

Below is a complete visual look at all of the 2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads costume cards (minus the patch card). They're arranged according to the number of swatches. You can click on the card name to shop for singles on eBay.

There is also an image of each costume card.

2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads Costume Card Guide
Old 04-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #67 (permalink)

This was posted on Upper Deck's website last week (4/24):

Carlsbad, CA (April 24, 2013) – The first major blockbuster of the summer is upon us with Marvel’s Iron Man 3 opening on May 3. Fans can start preparing for the much anticipated release by collecting cards and stickers from Iron Man 3 starting today! The 60-card base set chronicles the exciting events of Tony Stark after the events in last summer’s blockbuster film Marvel’s The Avengers’.

Upper Deck continues its product line with Marvel Entertainment, LLC, to produce new Marvel movie and character-based trading cards and games. This release will be chock full of all the elements that fans have come to love from Upper Deck movie products including actor autographs, movie-worn memorabilia cards, 1-of-1 artist sketch cards and printing plates, and for the first time, stickers!

“The entire Upper Deck staff has already purchased Iron Man 3 movie tickets, and love the opportunity to preview the movie through this trading card release,” said Jason Brenner, Upper Deck Marvel brand manager. “To be able to tell the Iron Man 3 story through trading cards is something unique that I know fans are going to love.”

The Iron Man 3 trading card set features exclusive images from Iron Man 3, which premieres on May 3. Featured in the set are autographed insert cards from some of the film’s compelling stars including Rebecca Hall (Maya Hansen) and Jon Favreau (Happy Hogan). In addition to autographs, swatches of movie-worn and production costumes from Iron Man 3 will be utilized on rare memorabilia cards, which will fall at a rate of two per hobby box. Premium 1-of-1 “Artist Sketch” cards have also been inserted at random, and showcase original moments inspired by the Iron Man movie and comic book franchises.

Some other highly anticipated elements of the set include the Hall-of-Armor series that showcases the many suits of Iron Man from the movies. Also look for 1-of-1 printing plate cards of the 60 card base set and insert sets. Hard-core Iron Man fans will definitely want to collect the foil parallel set! Retail fat packs include exclusive stickers containing images and logos from the movie. Collectors can find two stickers from the full 50 sticker set per pack.

Upper Deck’s Iron Man 3 Trading Cards boasts seven cards per pack, 24 packs per box, and are just arriving on store shelves!

So I guess in addition to the retail exclusive parallel set, there is also a retail exclusive sticker set found only in fat packs (which I still haven't seen in my area).
Old 04-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
I opened 5 cases and didn't get one of them. I would say yes, there is less of that card.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
I opened 5 cases and didn't get one of them. I would say yes, there is less of that card.
So then based on the multi-case breaks so far, that would make HT-3, HT-6, and HT-7 all short prints (to some degree). On top of that, there are multiple swatches of HT-1, so there may be short print variants in there.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #70 (permalink)

Default Sketch Artist ID?

I got 8 boxes from my LCS, and got 6 sketches, one auto and one comic autop, and 16 relic cards, Plus a 2-card puzzle and a printi9ng plate, and the armor cards. I liked htem.

There are three sketches I can't ID. Can anyone help?
Attached Thumbnails
Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-pic_0912.jpg   Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-pic_0913.jpg   Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-pic_0911.jpg   Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-pic_0905.jpg   Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Trading Cards-pic_0906.jpg  

literarywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #71 (permalink)

The Vision looks like Jason Adams.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:

There is also an image of each costume card.

2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads Costume Card Guide

thx for the link
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
So then based on the multi-case breaks so far, that would make HT-3, HT-6, and HT-7 all short prints (to some degree). On top of that, there are multiple swatches of HT-1, so there may be short print variants in there.
With those I would guess HTT 9 as there were none up on eBay till I listed mine. I wish they'd release an official list tho.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by literarywill View Post
I got 8 boxes from my LCS, and got 6 sketches, one auto and one comic autop, and 16 relic cards, Plus a 2-card puzzle and a printi9ng plate, and the armor cards. I liked htem.

There are three sketches I can't ID. Can anyone help?
Your 1st sketch (Vision) is definitely Jason Adams and your 3rd (Black Widow) sketch is Arley 'Arturo' Tucker. Not sure about the middle one, but I dig it!
Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #75 (permalink)

Ignore me... I don't know how to read

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 04-28-2013 at 06:26 PM.