Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 09:17 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
With those I would guess HTT 9 as there were none up on eBay till I listed mine. I wish they'd release an official list tho.
I pulled one. Now that I am back from vacation - I will be listing everything.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #77 (permalink)

For those who are curious... odds on the retail fat packs:

Heroic Threads 1:1800
Sketch Cards 1:1800
Comic Creator Autographs 1:1800
Actor Autographs 1:1800
Stickers 2:1

So I guess the odds of hitting a chase card in a fat pack is 4:1800 --> 1:450
I assume there are no retail parallels in fat packs. If you hit one, please let us know
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #78 (permalink)

I ran across the ultra-rare patch card on eBay:

Iron Man 3 Heroic Threads HTP 1 Tony Stark Stark Industries | eBay

From all of the description revisions, I'm going to guess they didn't know what they had until people starting bidding on it.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
I ran across the ultra-rare patch card on eBay:

From all of the description revisions, I'm going to guess they didn't know what they had until people starting bidding on it.
Holy....freaking....crap
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #80 (permalink)

From a collector point of view, I find the ultra rare cards and multiple cards (same swatch but on different backs) that upper deck do, very annoying. Makes getting a master set expensive or in this case impossible with that ultra rare card. Of course if I pulled that card that would be a different story

What do everyone think this will get? My guess $2000
chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan View Post
From a collector point of view, I find the ultra rare cards and multiple cards (same swatch but on different backs) that upper deck do, very annoying. Makes getting a master set expensive or in this case impossible with that ultra rare card. Of course if I pulled that card that would be a different story

I think it will top out at around $1000. And I don't count 1/1 cards as part of a master set, they're just super cool items for whoever ends up with them.

Old 05-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #82 (permalink)

If it tops out at $1000, I'd expect to see it on eBay again listed at $1500+. If it is truly the only one, there will be a buyer willing to fork over more than $2000.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
I think it will top out at around $1000. And I don't count 1/1 cards as part of a master set, they're just super cool items for whoever ends up with them.
There's a post on upper deck's facebook that the seller linked on the auction page, that says there is more than one HTP-1 card, so it wont get as much as I initially thought.

UD
"If you get an HTP-1 card it will have a full patch. There is more than one out there, but let's just say the "needle in a haystack" analogy is appropriate."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...tal_comments=1
Old 05-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
There's a post on upper deck's facebook that the seller linked on the auction page, that says there is more than one HTP-1 card, so it wont get as much as I initially thought.

UD
"If you get an HTP-1 card it will have a full patch. There is more than one out there, but let's just say the "needle in a haystack" analogy is appropriate."

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...tal_comments=1
I still think it could be a $1K + card. Only one out there out of who knows how many. Look at how those Rick Badge cards sell for and that's from a TV show that doesn't have anywhere near as close the fans that these movies do. If I had some really deep pockets, I would be all over this card. If I pulled one, I'd have to be in some serious trouble in order to let it go. It is just one of the coolest costume cards I've ever seen and might ever see.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #85 (permalink)

The seller would get more if he didnt link the response from UD and let people think it was a 1/1. In saying that this is the first on the market so will go big bucks.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
The seller would get more if he didnt link the response from UD and let people think it was a 1/1. In saying that this is the first on the market so will go big bucks.
Heaven forbid he acts in an honest and ethical manner.

And I thought the non-sports board was fairly sheltered away from the shady characters usually found in the sports sections...
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #87 (permalink)

I didn't think it was one of one until Deathgate said so. I had read 'ultra rare' on UDs sight and I figured it was more than 1/1 otherwise UD would have said 1/1.

But I agree, based on the x/18 badge cards from WD and insane popularity of the Iron Man franchise I woudln't be surprised if this thing shot up over $2K
Old 05-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #88 (permalink)

Yep, I thought I had read that there was only 1. It would be nice to know how many of them there are.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #89 (permalink)

Just trying to think of another possible patch card like the Stark Industries one and I could only think of a AIM one to go with it. Maybe it's a 1/1 in terms of it being the only Stark Industries one, but there are other company logos in the set? Just a thought.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Just trying to think of another possible patch card like the Stark Industries one and I could only think of a AIM one to go with it. Maybe it's a 1/1 in terms of it being the only Stark Industries one, but there are other company logos in the set? Just a thought.
That's what I was thinking, it's not exactly clear in Upper Deck's response. Someone should try to get further clarification from them.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM   #91 (permalink)

Probably everybody has seen them all by now on eBay, but here is a nice checklist of the HOA set: 2013 Upper Deck Iron Man 3 Hall of Armor Guide, Gallery and Checklist
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
And it split the difference, and went for just over $1500. I love watching auctions like this, it was at $700 just a few minutes before it ended. Then, boom!

Old 05-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #93 (permalink)

Some new info posted on Non-Sport Update about the patch cards:

there are actually two versions of the patch cards, one with the “Stark Industries” logo and another version with “A.I.M. – Advanced Idea Mechanics” logo embedded in the card. The A.I.M. version is a true one-of-one card, while the “Stark Industries” version has at least two cards. The odds of finding any of the patch cards are 1 in 20,000 packs, so I wish everyone good hunting!

Here's a link to the story, with pictures of both cards:

Rare Patch Cards Appear in Upper Deck’s Iron Man 3 Trading Card Series « Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update

1 in 20,000 packs means about 1 in 70 cases. Does anyone have an idea of how many cases were made? 500 cases would mean around 6 of the Stark Industries patch card. So a good chance there are less than 10 made.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM   #94 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Some new info posted on Non-Sport Update about the patch cards:

there are actually two versions of the patch cards, one with the “Stark Industries” logo and another version with “A.I.M. – Advanced Idea Mechanics” logo embedded in the card. The A.I.M. version is a true one-of-one card, while the “Stark Industries” version has at least two cards. The odds of finding any of the patch cards are 1 in 20,000 packs, so I wish everyone good hunting!

Here's a link to the story, with pictures of both cards:

Rare Patch Cards Appear in Upper Deck’s Iron Man 3 Trading Card Series « Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update

1 in 20,000 packs means about 1 in 70 cases. Does anyone have an idea of how many cases were made? 500 cases would mean around 6 of the Stark Industries patch card. So a good chance there are less than 10 made.
they came right out and said 3 total patches
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:16 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
they came right out and said 3 total patches
Actually, they said AT LEAST 2 of the Stark Industries patch. So 3 minimum... I'm pretty sure they made more than 200 cases.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #96 (permalink)

That makes it really confusing - I know retail can mess up the odds and all, but I didn't even pull a printing plate in every case (4 plates in 5 cases and one pack had two plates).. Considering there is 240 plates.... I'm honestly starting to wonder what production was on IM3. I figured 500 cases minimum, but it appears that may not be the case at all.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 05-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #97 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Actually, they said AT LEAST 2 of the Stark Industries patch. So 3 minimum... I'm pretty sure they made more than 200 cases.
oops - missed the "at least." but... i am betting on four total. about 260 cases - i had a plate in every case i opened.

less of those double and triple wardrobes than people realize, yet they are not really selling. man the market is dead right now.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
oops - missed the "at least." but... i am betting on four total. about 260 cases - i had a plate in every case i opened.

less of those double and triple wardrobes than people realize, yet they are not really selling. man the market is dead right now.
No one likes a bragger.

The doubles and triples were limited. I'm guessing if production is under 300 cases like it appears (I'm thinking the 260 area is about right) - product and singles will probably dry up.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Old 05-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #99 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
No one likes a bragger.

The doubles and triples were limited. I'm guessing if production is under 300 cases like it appears (I'm thinking the 260 area is about right) - product and singles will probably dry up.
that will help but the trading card reception for IM is so much weaker than it was for AA.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #100 (permalink)

$1526. WOW. Wish I had opened this!

Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote