Blowout Cards Forums
Shop OneStopFanShop.com Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Well, it's not a show, but JURASSIC PARK would be awesome. They could have so much cool stuff...even though it's older, there are tons of fans.
Danni1185 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni1185 View Post
Well, it's not a show, but JURASSIC PARK would be awesome. They could have so much cool stuff...even though it's older, there are tons of fans.
Topps did a set for the first one, I don't know if they did any others.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #28 (permalink)

I would be all over a Breaking Bad set, but my show of choice would have to be Mad Men. Allison Brie, January Jones, Christina Hendricks, and Jon Hamm autos would be awesome. Maybe an insert set with reprints of 1960s ads.
iam12fear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephinfan View Post
That's a good question. My bet is Planet Hollywood owns some of these now. As far as the rest, I would have no idea, maybe private collections...for things that weren't just borrowed. Probably not possible to make these sets, but I know I would be a buyer for these!
I have to believe that some authentic old TV props would be easier to get than Abraham Lincoln and George Washington autos, and those things pop up in sets.

I'd mostly be interested in some modern sets based on cartoons from my childhood - TMNT, GI Joe, Transformers, Disney Afternoon (Duck Tails, Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin), etc... - with sketches, voice actor and creator autos, and relic inserts (and when I say relic, I mean some original artwork/film from production).
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #30 (permalink)

How I Met Your Mother...

I would be pleased to see a Katy Perry autograph someday.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #31 (permalink)

Sticking with wanting a Borgias set. They've got a strong enough cast to pull off a number of desirable autos, with some big money in Jeremy Irons and I suspect Holliday Grainger would command some decent money since any Borgias fan NEEDS a Lucrezia auto.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I have to believe that some authentic old TV props would be easier to get than Abraham Lincoln and George Washington autos, and those things pop up in sets.
You're comparing Dukes of Hazzard relics to ... Abraham Lincoln and George Washington autos? It's not a matter of rarity, it's a matter of constant valuation. Bo's t-shirt was probably junked or returned to wardrobe for the studio instead of eternally labeled as Bo's shirt he wore in episode 4F357 or whatever. Presidential signatures have always been highly sought after.

Quote:
I'd mostly be interested in some modern sets based on cartoons from my childhood - TMNT, GI Joe, Transformers, Disney Afternoon (Duck Tails, Darkwing Duck, Tail Spin), etc... - with sketches, voice actor and creator autos, and relic inserts (and when I say relic, I mean some original artwork/film from production).
Believe it or not, some of the masters for those old cartoon shows are lost to the ages. Even when I bought a DVD set of the 90s Twilight Zone, two of the episodes looked like they were from VHS tapes off the airwaves. I contacted the publisher and they said that was because they were -- they had lost the originals when it had changed hands and been put in storage.

Just last week, I had to order a bootleg set of Mighty Max cartoons because I wanted to watch them ... no one knows who owns the rights and it's unknown if they have the originals anyway.

How could you expect them to store original artwork all these years when they can't even keep up the masters?
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #33 (permalink)

For past shows, I think That 70's Show would have been amazing. For current shows, I would love sets for Burn Notice and Weeds, but not sure if they have enough fans to support a set.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #34 (permalink)

I would think you'd have some pretty incredible names to get autographs for if you did a The History of Saturday Night Live set. With Frequent hosts subset.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #35 (permalink)

Although Tales from the Crypt and MASH have already been done I would LOVE to see new sets with autos and sketches. I imagine Alda would be a no-go.
BostonBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:34 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbtvs View Post
I would think you'd have some pretty incredible names to get autographs for if you did a The History of Saturday Night Live set. With Frequent hosts subset.
SNL has already been done with autographs, including Chris Farley
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:12 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
You're comparing Dukes of Hazzard relics to ... Abraham Lincoln and George Washington autos? It's not a matter of rarity, it's a matter of constant valuation. Bo's t-shirt was probably junked or returned to wardrobe for the studio instead of eternally labeled as Bo's shirt he wore in episode 4F357 or whatever. Presidential signatures have always been highly sought after.
I'm not suggesting that every prop from every show is tagged and labeled in some warehouse just waiting to be unboxed. I just think enough of the 'recognizable' props/wardrobe pieces from some of these old shows would be available for the right price. Bo's t-shirt is a poor example. On the other hand, the General Lee is a great example. I'm certain that some wealthy fans ended up with a couple General Lee's over the years. Hollywood museums are full of this crap.

Take the old Batman TV show, as an example. There are definitely enough props and costumes from that show available to do a highly collectable trading card set, if the company was willing to fork over the money for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Believe it or not, some of the masters for those old cartoon shows are lost to the ages. Even when I bought a DVD set of the 90s Twilight Zone, two of the episodes looked like they were from VHS tapes off the airwaves. I contacted the publisher and they said that was because they were -- they had lost the originals when it had changed hands and been put in storage.

Just last week, I had to order a bootleg set of Mighty Max cartoons because I wanted to watch them ... no one knows who owns the rights and it's unknown if they have the originals anyway.

How could you expect them to store original artwork all these years when they can't even keep up the masters?
I'm well aware that none of the sets on my 'wish list' will ever exist. Its a wish list, not a realistically might happen list. But thanks for crushing my dreams. I picked up a couple voodoo dolls in New Orleans a few weeks back. Mind sending me a lock of hair? Been wanting to try them out.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #38 (permalink)

I second the notion of old school disney shoes and throw in nickelodeon. Would be AMAZING to have a huge Disney set and Nickelodeon set. As in include a bunch of the most popular disney/nickelodeon cartoons from the 80's and 90's. Two different sets of course but same designs. Autos from character voices, sketches, cards containing original sketch layout cuts, maybe sketch cards by original artist on the certain show, and other cool stuff. If love to pick up those sets.

Also second the Back to the Future
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #39 (permalink)

Mine is

1 Dr Who new show
2 Quantium Leap
3 Sliders A set with autos
4 Being Human
5 A new Supernatural set
Old 03-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Shirk View Post
Mine is

1 Dr Who new show
2 Quantium Leap
3 Sliders A set with autos
4 Being Human
5 A new Supernatural set
Nice pick. I always loved that show.
BostonBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

1 Growing Pains
2. Small Wonder
3. Different Strokes
4. Starsky and Hutch
5. Wonder Years
6. Facts of Life ( who doesn't want a Tootie auto??!!!)
wickedliquids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #42 (permalink)

1. Voyagers (possible cut autos of people from history)
2. West Wing
3. SOA
4. Breaking BAD
5. Three's Company
6. Alice
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #43 (permalink)

1. Sons of Anarchy
2. Boardwalk Empire
3. Friends (with guest star autos...limitless possibilities)
4. The Office (again with guest stars)
5. Tron Uprising ( with SP movie autos)

I could go on and on. Movie wise my list is about two hundred deep.
CollectorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

OZ from HBO. Imagine the wardrobe prop from Schillinger burning Beecher's buttcheeks!
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Take the old Batman TV show, as an example. There are definitely enough props and costumes from that show available to do a highly collectable trading card set, if the company was willing to fork over the money for them.
That would be an epic set, but it'll never happen. Heck, we can't get DVDs because of rights snafus!
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #46 (permalink)

The Office.
http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/r_ross9013/PC/
weaponX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:27 AM   #47 (permalink)

I would kill for an "Arrested Development" set.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #48 (permalink)

No one else has ever probably thought or said this before, but as for a show that deserves a trading card set (and it could be done in a really cool way since the show is extremely episodic, with each episode featuring an entire film) is Mystery Science Theater 3000.
G4RY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:21 AM   #49 (permalink)

Pawn Stars would be great. They would have relics from the items they bought and cut autos from presidents!!

My Bucket: http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/getbig14/
GetBig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #50 (permalink)

Survivor, big brother gets my vote here.