Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

Cool Marvel Bronze Age sketch pick ups...

Fo' shizzle. If ya'llz feelin' mah drift, you best be checkin out feeebay.

... Anyway... Looks like one of the major case breakers is preparing for the next Marvel sketch release by slapping about 60% off on nearly everything!
There were a bunch of sketches I had sent offers on at release that were still available! The ones that fell into my "well crap, I'd definitely pay the price of a box for that" just saved me $270 off of the original list price.

There are still Jim Kyle's, O'Connells and much more in there. I found them only by doing my customary Sara Richard search in hopes the White Queen she did for one of the sets has magically shown up. No luck on that one but jackpot after clicking 'See other items' after wondering why the huge markdown!

Here's the goods, pics are from the feebay auctions and I'll get better ones to add to my thread upon arrival. These were, quite literally, the price of 3 boxes of this stuff. I'd love to have 3 'hits' of this caliber on that amount spent...

*** PLEASE DON'T DELETE THREAD DUE TO THE FEEBAY MENTION*** Kind of trying to help out anyone interested in these at deep discounts before everybody else notices the auctions. They are NOT MINE. I am NOT AFFILLIATED WITH THE SELLER... just trying to assist other collectors in expanding their collections.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

Nice pickups! Thanks for the heads up, I will have to check it out.

Also, not really sure why you would be worried about mentioning eBay. (Btw, you can mention the actual site name, not sure why some people think it's only safe to refer to it using cute nicknames.) Just don't link to your eBay auctions, I'm pretty sure only spamming your own auctions will get your thread deleted.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah every time the price drops I look through the entire lot again! I haven't bought one since the first week, but there is always one I mull over for a while... too long because its gone making my decision easy. At 50% it was a Stefanie Battalene Spider-Woman, and yesterday it was a Julius Abrera Spider-Woman. Nice cards, but I have Spider-Woman sketches by them already that I like better so..... makes it a tough decision with there being so many commissions I want to do
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

I try not to put too many on my watch list after having an offer rejected, so it's nice to pick them up for less than I recall offering months ago. Helps to control the spending. This was, also, the first purchase since that initial couple days after release. Looks like somebody went to town on the lower priced stuff.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Based on my much smaller experience, it's hard to move Bronze Age cards. I currently have BINs that I think are pretty low, but very few of mine have sold. If I had as much inventory as that seller has still unsold, I'd probably even be a little more aggressive in my pricing.

As said above, there's no reason to worry about mentioning eBay. Linking to your own listing when it's not relevant to the discussion is what gets frowned upon.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
I try not to put too many on my watch list after having an offer rejected, so it's nice to pick them up for less than I recall offering months ago. Helps to control the spending. This was, also, the first purchase since that initial couple days after release. Looks like somebody went to town on the lower priced stuff.
Probably somebody very smart. The next relist will be at 70% off and I think that is the lowest they will go. The buyer knows that obviously and is picking them up now knowing that people are probably waiting for them to get down to 70% off before buying. Honestly, I'm still mulling over a few in my head but I have plenty of MBA sketches and the ones I really want are still more than I'm willing to pay for them. [insert emoticon of smiley prying open wallet with tire iron]

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee
Based on my much smaller experience, it's hard to move Bronze Age cards. I currently have BINs that I think are pretty low, but very few of mine have sold. If I had as much inventory as that seller has still unsold, I'd probably even be a little more aggressive in my pricing.
I think that particular sellers business model is part to blame for people experiencing difficulty in selling sketches after about a month or so. I think that is why the other main RA sketch seller basically starts everything at a $0.99 auction. Its risky, but it must be working for him. What do I know? I don't have the balls or the capital to invest that heavily in cards in an effort to make some $$
Old 03-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I think that particular sellers business model is part to blame for people experiencing difficulty in selling sketches after about a month or so. I think that is why the other main RA sketch seller basically starts everything at a $0.99 auction. Its risky, but it must be working for him. What do I know? I don't have the balls or the capital to invest that heavily in cards in an effort to make some $$
I guess that's possible, but it just seems people aren't that interested in the product to me. Just looking at my views/watchers for the MBA listings compared to the Marvel Premier listings, there's a huge difference (other than for the marquee artists like the Glebes or VOC).

I know for the most part if I price a Premier card below average, it will sell rather quickly. For MBA, that's just not the case.

I know it's not exactly apples and oranges, but that's what I'm seeing.

Maybe after my great collection sell-off wraps up (hopefully soon), I'll post some more detailed observations.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Maybe after my great collection sell-off wraps up (hopefully soon), I'll post some more detailed observations.
hehe

In my limited experience, the UD stuff commands a premium price to an equivalent RA sketch across the board. Premier brings some added value to the table with that super premium stock and the fact (okay, maybe 'fact' isn't the right term) that the sketch quality was above average. After all, that is why you liked it so much, right? If I knew the secret to getting the best price for your sketches, I'd PM you in a heartbeat. Good luck with your baller deal. At an average of $50 a sketch, it is a pretty effin' sweet deal even if you are only interested in 1/2 the cards.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
hehe

In my limited experience, the UD stuff commands a premium price to an equivalent RA sketch across the board. Premier brings some added value to the table with that super premium stock and the fact (okay, maybe 'fact' isn't the right term) that the sketch quality was above average. After all, that is why you liked it so much, right? If I knew the secret to getting the best price for your sketches, I'd PM you in a heartbeat. Good luck with your baller deal. At an average of $50 a sketch, it is a pretty effin' sweet deal even if you are only interested in 1/2 the cards.
Thanks--I think it's a pretty good deal if someone has the scratch to get it.

Earlier on I was asking (and getting) more for my sketches, but I've had to come down on many as time has gone on. If I didn't have the deadline I'm dealing with, believe me I would not be selling many of these for the prices that I am right now.

Even though I'm selling below average for most of what is selling now, if you saw some of the offers I've gotten, you'd laugh.

Sorry OP for the derail, I'll save the rest for my own post