Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #26 (permalink)

Yes, I agree! I now have 11 of Lak Lim's Marvel Premier base sketches. I hope I can find a few more...
Old 03-24-2013, 10:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

One of my favorite B&W sketches...

It's a little darker in person. The line-work is captivating!
BHotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #28 (permalink)

Thanks guys, here are a few more cards. PSC of X-23, Voltron from 5Finity, Lady Death from 1st 5Finity Lady Death set and my 42 character drawing on a Captain America AP. Wish I could get better scans, the lines and colors are always much better in person.

Last edited by Lak Lim; 03-26-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Lak Lim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #29 (permalink)

I guess we can't delete our messages.....

Last edited by Lak Lim; 04-01-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #30 (permalink)

Here are some APs from the Marvel Beginnings 2 set. None of these were commissioned. Its just stuff I felt like drawing. And yes, my APs are generally better than pack pulls since I can spend more time on them. Galactus/Silver Surfer is currently listed on ebay:

Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #31 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Skaughtt0 Send a message via AIM to Skaughtt0

I may have to commission a Colossus sketch cover from you sometime. I think I read that he was one or your favs while looking at your deviantart portfolio and you draw him very well.
Skaughtt0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaughtt0 View Post
I may have to commission a Colossus sketch cover from you sometime. I think I read that he was one or your favs while looking at your deviantart portfolio and you draw him very well.
Thanks, he is indeed one of my favorites to draw. Especially the 80's costume version. I won't be taking on new commissions anytime soon though. I'll probably announce when I'm available again though. Also I'll be doing an art cast later today at 3:30pm (PST) and continue working on my X-Men pin up. It'll be on:
http://justin.tv/lakcoo2u

Here is a DC New 52 artist proof that was recently approved:
Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #33 (permalink)

Haven't posted in awhile. Thought I'd share something current with you guys. I already posted on FB but for those that don't use it. Here is a preview of one of my cards from the upcoming Star Wars: Galactic Files produced by Topps. I already have more cards that I really llike than what I can get back as Returns. And I just started on this set lol. Gonna be tough to choose which ones I will keep as Returns when I'm done with the set.

If you're on FB, please check out my FB page at http://www.facebook.com/TheArtOfLakLim and "like" it for updates on what I'm doing artistically. Thanks
Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 AM   #34 (permalink)

I haven't updated this thread since I haven't been on recent sketch card sets lately. But here are my Star Wars Galactic Files 2 RETURN cards:

Below aren't cards but larger pieces that I recently done. As I prepare for Power-Con.

Beastman on 11"x14" strathmore board and He-Man on 11"x17" comic board

Line work by me and colors by David Reynolds

- Lak
Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #35 (permalink)

Sweet. Always like some good He-Man Art. That Beast-Man is insane.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 AM   #36 (permalink)

Awesome work--I particularly like the Ewoks attack card
Old 08-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #37 (permalink)

pinhead767- Thanks, I will have these available as prints soon. I can't take full credit for these though as it was David Reynolds who helped enhanced the drawing with his awesome coloring.

monkeymcgee - Thanks, one of my favorites from the set
Old 08-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #38 (permalink)

awesome stuff, I do like that ewok attack card too that one is very cool
Old 08-29-2013, 01:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Qwasian - Thanks its somewhat of a fan favorite lol

Here is a recent drawing. I originally drew the line art on a Wolverine sketch cover. But this is with digital colors by David Reynolds (he also added the tear on the page) I will have this available as a print soon.

Btw...sorry for the late notice but tomorrow August 29, I will be having an art sale on my FB page and its ONLY available to people who "like" my page. Sketch cards and other form of art will be available at a lower rate than I normally charge. In a way the discounted prices is to thank the people who actually support me. Which is why the items will ONLY be sold on my FB page. So if you want to participate in tomorrow's sale. Please go to http://www.facebook.com/theartoflaklim and "like" it.

Last edited by Lak Lim; 08-29-2013 at 02:01 AM.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #40 (permalink)

I don't have facebook. I think I speak for all 8 people on the planet that don't have facebook when I say, "It sucks when we get cut out of things because we don't want to be on facebook."

Don't think just because I don't want to sign up for facebook for the sole purpose of 'liking' artist pages, that I dont' enjoy or support your work. Matter of fact, I've watched several of your artcasts and read many interviews from your sketch card blog.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #41 (permalink)

Just join our little Sketch Card centric group then as well as the few other sketch card and variant sketch cover groups. That's the only things I do on FB. Have my few Art pages and the groups based around comics art. I don't look or visit anything else FB. otherwise that's all you wind up doing.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #42 (permalink)

Obviously FB isn't for everyone and I don't think its really necessary unless you're using for business purposes. Just because most people are using it, doesn't mean EVERYONE has to. But like everything there are PROs and CONs to it. Up to each individual to decide if its worth their time or not. Support comes in a variety of ways and everyone is free to do it in their own way. You don't necessarily have to buy someone's work to support them....but it does help. Same thing with people who "like" my FB page. It at least gives me an idea of how many people that actually like my work. It can be a bit difficult to gauge though since I have just over 650 FB "friends" (I seriously didn't think I'd have more than 30) but only 267 "like" for my FB art page lol. But I appreciate anyone who takes the time to check out my work regardless if they're a fan or not. Thanks for checking out what I've done. I want to get back to doing more interviews but just haven't had time to work on it. Also there are a few that the interviewee never replied with answers lol. Next time I guess.

I generally don't do sales...heck, I rarely announce my availability for AP commissions. Anyways, sorry for those non-FB users. Maybe you can get someone to get something for you. Besides 1/2 off on some of the art, I'm having auctions as well with prices starting at 1/2 of what I normally charge and no reserves. Auctions end at 11pm (PST) Hope to see some of you there.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #43 (permalink)

Default Having an art cast and drawing Marvel sketch cards 10/11/13

I'm working on some Marvel sketch cards for abit. I positioned my camera closer so you can see better detail. Hope to see some of you there. Sign in if you want to chat:
The Art of Lak Lim on USTREAM: Hi and welcome to my art show. Here you will see me work on various projects and drawings. Thanks for stopping by and I hope...
Old 01-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #44 (permalink)

I'm drawing live on Ustream and taking requests for the Marvel Universe 2014 sketch cards. Watch as I draw any requested card from start to finish. I'll probably be on almost all day/night drawing. Log in to make a request.
The Art of Lak Lim on USTREAM: Hi and welcome to my art show. Here you will see me work on various projects and drawings. Thanks for stopping by and I hope...
Also Happy New Years!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 04:06 PM   #45 (permalink)

Drawing Marvel Universe 2014 sketch cards live on Ustream for a few hours. Feel free to log in and make character requests.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #46 (permalink)

So Rittenhouse posted a 9 card preview of my cards for the Marvel Universe 2014 set on Facebook. For those of you not on Facebook, here are the cards:

- Lak
Old 03-19-2014, 06:37 AM   #47 (permalink)

Nice stuff Lak!
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #48 (permalink)

Welcome back Lak! I have no idea what that Brood/Nightcrawler card is referencing, but hilarious anyway.
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #49 (permalink)

Hi Lak. I busted my first box of cards in 20 years with my family about a month ago. We opened a box of Marvel Beginnings II and pulled one of your awesome sketches. I was so happy that we got a nice sketch out of the box. You do amazing work and I am a fan for life now. Your He Man art is amazing and I love those Galactus/Silver Surfer and Wolverine/Hulk APs from Beginnings. I hope to pull many more of your sketches in our future breaks.

FaSSt2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:07 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSSt2001 View Post
Hi Lak. I busted my first box of cards in 20 years with my family about a month ago. We opened a box of Marvel Beginnings II and pulled one of your awesome sketches. I was so happy that we got a nice sketch out of the box. You do amazing work and I am a fan for life now. Your He Man art is amazing and I love those Galactus/Silver Surfer and Wolverine/Hulk APs from Beginnings. I hope to pull many more of your sketches in our future breaks.

FaSSt2001 - Thanks, I appreciate that and glad that you're happy with the pull. I'm still trying to improve my drawings/coloring to produce better cards. And good luck on your future pulls whether they be mines or some other artist.

finfangfan - Thanks

sketchopolix - I've just been lurking, haven't seen much reason for me to post. The Brood card doesn't reference anything. I just decided to add the bamfs as a background. And it turned out to look better than I had expected lol