Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan86 View Post
I'm surprised the boxes and cases of this are priced as high as they are (to BBT levels). Granted, the show does not getting the viewership as BBT does, but I do like that more card companies are producing trading card sets of popular TV shows.

It seems that these autographs will be quite obtainable. It would be interesting if they do what Cryptozoic has done and have rare supersized costume or maybe even autograph booklets.

I wonder if Paul Schneider (City Planner Mark Brandanawicz in the first two seasons) would autograph for this set?
The cost that even Blowout has the cases at is pretty normal for a non sports release. The "cost" on these is almost identical to any Rittenhouse product, the difference is Rittenhouse products 9/10 come down in price very quickly, and this being a new property from a new company (new company only in the sense that this is their first true non sports tv/film product) has kept interest higher than most other non sports releases. Couple that with a REALLY strong autograph line up and I think the current prices are pretty fair. I still honestly think we will see some names added to the autograph checklist before release, and I think at least one of the 3 main cast members I mentioned above will be added.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 04-25-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #27 (permalink)

I wonder if some of the irrational citizens of Pawnee who regularly show up in city council meetings or other gatherings are signing?

It would be cool to get some of the other government employees to sign.

Collecting all Houston Rockets players, current and former.
rocketfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #28 (permalink)

I like this set a lot - as a flipper I have my doubts the more I think about it. I keep thinking about 2 autographs a box (24 a case), and to me that just screams saturation. I can just see the flood of autographs hitting ebay in the first 48 hours. I don't dig the type of parallels that Press Pass normally does for signers, at least not for Non-Sport release - however inscriptions could be a winner if they do them (I'm sure these would be tough hits).

This will probably be great for those looking to build a set, cost wise IMO.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:07 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
however inscriptions could be a winner if they do them (I'm sure these would be tough hits).
I would LITERALLY love to get an inscribed Chris Traeger card.

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBeavs View Post
I would LITERALLY love to get an inscribed Chris Traeger card.
I like what ya did there

Lol
Old 05-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #31 (permalink)

Put down my deposit for a case. This'll be my first big adventure into non-sports. Hope to get a set of autos out of the case. Although, does anyone think there might be some autos SP'd? Perhaps the guest stars (Rudd, Posey, Armisen)?

Auto accepting 20% off at COMC.
GoBeavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #32 (permalink)

Press Pass is posting some of the inscriptions on their Twitter feed this morning:

https://twitter.com/PressPass
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #33 (permalink)

Some Duke Silver variations would be epic!
goldenegg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #34 (permalink)

Haha those are awesome.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #35 (permalink)

I'm really torn on weather or not to purchase a case of this. I love the show but like Zerokruel said above, I feel like with the list of current signers and how many auto's you get in a case that there is going to be a lot of autographs of the same people coming out of this.

Bucket (under construction) http://s869.photobucket.com/albums/ab252/golfinglegend/
golfinglegend67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #36 (permalink)

I've got 4 cases on the way. Love the show and plan on putting together a master set for sure
Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 AM   #37 (permalink)

I'm unbelievably excited about this set. BBT was a lot of fun, since it was my gf's favorite show, and now this set is arguably my favorite show. I just pre-ordered 3 boxes, and I'm hoping for one of the Ron inscriptions!

This may be a dumb question, but do you guys think there is any chance that they release a binder similar to the BBT one's? I'd love to put the set together and keep it on a shelf.
GoClips! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #38 (permalink)

Well the final list of signers is out and it's the same 13 posted earlier.

Looks like the big names missing are Rashida Jones, Chris Pratt, and Adam Scott

The list is still awesome but I will admit to being bummed out about Rashida not being included, especially since her name was used on some of the earlier sales info for the set.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:16 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoClips! View Post
This may be a dumb question, but do you guys think there is any chance that they release a binder similar to the BBT one's? I'd love to put the set together and keep it on a shelf.
I emailed Press Pass and asked if they would be releasing a binder, and they told me no.
jason00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Well the final list of signers is out and it's the same 13 posted earlier.

Looks like the big names missing are Rashida Jones, Chris Pratt, and Adam Scott

The list is still awesome but I will admit to being bummed out about Rashida not being included, especially since her name was used on some of the earlier sales info for the set.
That's disappointing that there will not be any Ann Perkins, Andy Dwyer, or Ben Wyatt autos.

However, I saw a Rob Lowe auto with the inscription of "Ann Perkins!" on it.

Regardless, i think it will be a fun set to collect!

Old 05-20-2013, 10:33 AM   #41 (permalink)

I so want one of those Paul Rudd cards.
chris meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #42 (permalink)

Well I stayed away from buying cards for a month and come back to the boards to find my dream set just weeks away. Nick Offerman 1/1 auto inscriptions??!! Are you friggin kidding me? Unreal excitement.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #43 (permalink)

whats the going price for cases? and does anyone have any idea how limited the product will be? I know nothing about Press Pass so forgive my ignorance.
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveskywalker View Post
whats the going price for cases? and does anyone have any idea how limited the product will be? I know nothing about Press Pass so forgive my ignorance.
I found a website that is still pre-ordering boxes at $59 each and a 12-box case for $680.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #45 (permalink)

Hey gang, I was initially told this release would be May 29th. I've been updated that this is not being released until June 12th, and even blowout has it for the 12th now.

Parks And Recreation Seasons 1-4 - 12 Box Case (Press Pass) - $744.99 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:21 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason00 View Post
I emailed Press Pass and asked if they would be releasing a binder, and they told me no.
Thanks for the response, and thanks for having your first post be a helpful one!

Yeah, I was getting excited to see that my boxes were shipped today, but oh well, 2 weeks until I (hopefully) pull me some Ron Swanson.
GoClips! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #47 (permalink)

Hey guys, up front this is a post to gather interest in a break for this set (not being held by me). So ignore this post if you're not interested or you flat out refuse to do case breaks.

If you are interested, you can find the details here. If you've never done a case break, basically the way these work is you pay $16.50 for a slot ($15.50 for additional slots) and I'm in for two so that means I get two spots. Once everyone pays they random the list three times and then the order is how you get to pick after you watch a live stream of the break (to make sure there's no funny business). This is what you'll be choosing from:

24 autos
12 relics
12 - 1 box of foil parallels (24 cards)
12 - 1 box of all base (approx 90 cards)

So, fair warning, it's highly likely that if you end up in the bottom 24 you're either getting a box of parallels or base. I'm hoping that with two slots I get a random spot in the auto/relic range.

Trying to generate interest on this so we can get it rolling ... sorry for the thread jacking and ignore this post if you're not interested.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Hey guys, up front this is a post to gather interest in a break for this set (not being held by me). So ignore this post if you're not interested or you flat out refuse to do case breaks.

If you are interested, you can find the details here. If you've never done a case break, basically the way these work is you pay $16.50 for a slot ($15.50 for additional slots) and I'm in for two so that means I get two spots. Once everyone pays they random the list three times and then the order is how you get to pick after you watch a live stream of the break (to make sure there's no funny business). This is what you'll be choosing from:

24 autos
12 relics
12 - 1 box of foil parallels (24 cards)
12 - 1 box of all base (approx 90 cards)

So, fair warning, it's highly likely that if you end up in the bottom 24 you're either getting a box of parallels or base. I'm hoping that with two slots I get a random spot in the auto/relic range.

Trying to generate interest on this so we can get it rolling ... sorry for the thread jacking and ignore this post if you're not interested.
Thanks for the heads up. I have a case coming at release, but I jumped in on a couple spots just to try a group case break and see if it's any fun.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I have a case coming at release, but I jumped in on a couple spots just to try a group case break and see if it's any fun.
I also have a case coming -- the way I see it is that even if you get a crappy spot, we can use the parallels he posts or the base to shore up your parallel and base sets. When they post the official rules we'll see if we can buy or sell spots. That way if someone gets close to last and you still want a box of parallels on the cheap, you can buy the other guy's spot without having to pay for extra shipping. Just a thought, I know a lot of people don't care for base and parallels but you can also try to buy "upgrades" before the break.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I also have a case coming -- the way I see it is that even if you get a crappy spot, we can use the parallels he posts or the base to shore up your parallel and base sets. When they post the official rules we'll see if we can buy or sell spots. That way if someone gets close to last and you still want a box of parallels on the cheap, you can buy the other guy's spot without having to pay for extra shipping. Just a thought, I know a lot of people don't care for base and parallels but you can also try to buy "upgrades" before the break.
Sounds like a pretty cool idea. I must have the Offerman 1/1 inscription "Bacon."