Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 PM   #376 (permalink)

Quick pic of the printing plates randomly inserted in packs. 4 different designs this time, instead of 3 same + 1 AP version for Space. Also 8 negatives, and the 4 front plates.

ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:50 PM   #377 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Quick pic of the printing plates randomly inserted in packs. 4 different designs this time, instead of 3 same + 1 AP version for Space. Also 8 negatives, and the 4 front plates.

very nice....and shiny!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #378 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
I just hope I actually get my case solarfly can be a little sketchy at times ...
Just for this comment, personally I'd cancel your case lol. Besides your name is "rip/flip" so that means you must rip and resell. Not just flip.

Btw in all seriousness, I made more money selling my space sketches separately, then reselling the case plus I got to keep some for pc. It helped that I hit some awesome dog in space ones tho.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #379 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Btw in all seriousness, I made more money selling my space sketches separately, then reselling the case plus I got to keep some for pc. It helped that I hit some awesome dog in space ones tho.
This set should be interesting from an aftermarket standpoint.

You'll have the usual artist collectors who like to add various sketches from any release to their favorite artist collections. There will also be the collectors who just want to add to their Viceroy collection with a cool sketch or two.

Then you'll have collectors who like certain sideshow acts and will try to start little mini sketch sets featuring those characters. There may also be collectors who look to collect sketches that have a vintage feel with sepia tones or similar.

Then you have 3 different sketch card backs, where collectors may pick a favorite and want to collect mainly those backs.

We have 3 insert sets, with 9 cards per set. Each card has 50 copies total, with 25 being one varient, and 25 being another. So, technically there will be 50 total sets of each insert, with those split 25 and 25 within the specific insert set. We figured there are only so many set collectors out there, so 50 total sets should be rare enough to add some value, but still available enough to not be frustrating when trying to complete. We'll also have the ticket relic cards, but there will only be a handful of those as they were a very late addition just for fun. Then of course the print plates/negatives, and the Barnum redemption card.

We're pretty interested to see how the set performs in aftermarket sales. We've been testing different formats in these early sets, trying to determine what works best and what you guys enjoy most.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #380 (permalink)

Quote:
I just hope I actually get my case solarfly can be a little sketchy at times ...
Solarfly guarantees every preorder is filled. Idk why you'd be worried about receiving anything from them. Out of the card sites I've dealt with, they have the best customer service and have never disappointed
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #381 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure what this comment is supposed to mean? They emailed me and notified me of the release date changing even before Viceroy sent their email.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #382 (permalink)

how many printing plates all together for the release?
BuffyCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:41 PM   #383 (permalink)

Damn, missed out again.
IndySportsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyCollector View Post
how many printing plates all together for the release?
4 back printing plates, plus 4 front plates with the small V logo. 8 total.

Also, 8 total matching film negatives used to create the letterpress plates.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #385 (permalink)

Quote:
We have 3 insert sets, with 9 cards per set. Each card has 50 copies total, with 25 being one varient, and 25 being another. So, technically there will be 50 total sets of each insert, with those split 25 and 25 within the specific insert set.
I vaguely remember this problem from my SATs. If you bought 1 case from Solarfly, 1 case from Blowout, and 1 slot in the group break, what are the chances of completing a set with a single background?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #386 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I vaguely remember this problem from my SATs. If you bought 1 case from Solarfly, 1 case from Blowout, and 1 slot in the group break, what are the chances of completing a set with a single background?
Let's see... you get at least 2 insert cards per box, so minimum of 20 per case. 2.1 cases gives you 42 insert cards total.

There are 27 different insert cards (9 per each set). So depending on your luck, you'll end up with 7 out of 9 for each insert set, in each variant.

You'll probably have a full set of all 3 inserts across the 2 variants, and then could simply trade to get the one you prefer, or grab the extras for both on the secondary market.

We decided to go this route versus more of a base set method, and keep the cards somewhat limited at only 25 each per variant per style.

The insert sets are:

Artist Cards - printed versions of 9 sketches included in the set
Vintage Carnival Photos - old images from early Carnival, Circus and Sideshow acts
Classic Carnival Posters - reproduction turn of the century Carnival and Circus posters
Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM   #387 (permalink)

Quote:
Let's see... you get at least 2 insert cards per box, so minimum of 20 per case. 2.1 cases gives you 42 insert cards total.

There are 27 different insert cards (9 per each set). So depending on your luck, you'll end up with 7 out of 9 for each insert set, in each variant.

You'll probably have a full set of all 3 inserts across the 2 variants, and then could simply trade to get the one you prefer, or grab the extras for both on the secondary market.

We decided to go this route versus more of a base set method, and keep the cards somewhat limited at only 25 each per variant per style.

The insert sets are:

Artist Cards - printed versions of 9 sketches included in the set
Vintage Carnival Photos - old images from early Carnival, Circus and Sideshow acts
Classic Carnival Posters - reproduction turn of the century Carnival and Circus posters
It will be challenging to put together a master set. That will make many people happy for sure. Potentially only 25 complete master sets can be made, which doesn't count the two big chase cards and artist sketches. I think that will be appealing to enough people to make the auctions fun to watch.

I dig the idea for the artist cards. Depending on what you went with, I may pick up a set on eBay (or here) and pursue getting them all signed by the artists at conventions.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #388 (permalink)

We still looking good for the 8th?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #389 (permalink)

Can't wait to see my P.T Barnum auto;-) lol.
I am excited to break my case. More excited than any "sports" product I have ever busted. My collection of 10 David Curd sculptures from "SPACE" needs some company;-)
I know,I know Hoarder......
Way to go Viceroy,bringing the Fun back to collecting:-)
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #390 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Just for this comment, personally I'd cancel your case lol. Besides your name is "rip/flip" so that means you must rip and resell. Not just flip.

lol I might rip but probably not. looks like im contradicting my own name.

Last edited by rip+flip; 07-02-2013 at 08:23 PM.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 AM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
We still looking good for the 8th?
Still good for the 8th, although I forgot about the 4th being a holiday for the postal service, so I apologize if that bumps things back a day or two on some deliveries. Totally wasn't thinking.

Bit of news:

Unfortunately, David Day was unable to complete his sketches. We waited as long as possible in hopes they would be finished, but sadly he will not be in the Carnival set. Our AD, Ashleigh Popplewell agreed to do a small amount last minute to make up for some of the ones David was scheduled to do.

This will not affect anyones order, as we purposely left a pre-order buffer in case this happened.

On the plus side, everyone's odds for pulling the PT Barnum redemption just went up, as there will be less overall packs! So everyone knows what to look for... the redemption card will have a printed sketch of PT Barnum on the front, and the word WINNER really big on the back in yellow, along with redemption instructions. The PT Barnum sketch used for the redemption is also a real sketch in the set, by Richard Salvucci. It's really cool.

We ended up with 25 of the ticket relic cards, to match the 25 of each varient of the insert cards. There are also the 8 printing plates, and 8 print plate negatives. The way the numbers worked out on the inserts, 1 out of 10 boxes will include 3 of the inserts instead of just 2.

Also, you'll notice there is slightly less variety with the inserts in this set compared to Space. We decided to shift from the multiple smaller inserts (tobacco cards, space pins, sculpture cards), and go with the one big chase redemption for this set. We figured since the set was still relatively small, that a reasonable chance at a huge hit could be more fun than just a bunch of small (but cool) extras. We're still messing with the format. Also, we tried to do something new with the inserts this time around, but I'll let you guys see that once the set releases. I think they turned out pretty cool overall.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #392 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately, David Day was unable to complete his sketches.
Despite the the exceedingly politely worded announcement, I'm gonna have to go with "shocker" there... hopefully it's not too snotty to say what people have to be thinking. I'm just glad you're not pushing back the date for him, as way too many companies seem to do for delinquent artists.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #393 (permalink)

As much as it sucks that an artist can't get his sketches in on time, I am glad you all are standing ground and just pretty much going on with making sure the product gets out in a reasonable time, since it was already delayed. If every other artist can get their sketch in on time, then there is no excuse for 1 not too.. but thats my opinion.

This will be my 1st viceroy product and I am excited to open my 1st box. Should be tons of fun to bust something that is different then my norm...I am just excited to see what this product delivers to my doorstep
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #394 (permalink)

Side questions about the business side of sketch cards here: what happens to the sketches (if any are completed) or the blank cards (if they are not) when an artist is unable to get his sketches in on time? The only case of this that I have seen was with the Iron Man 3 packs, which had some Iron Man 2 sketches seeded in the packs. (And those might just have been ones that were held back from IM2 as damage replacements, I have no idea.) This announcement about David Day just made me curious about the issue.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #395 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Still good for the 8th, although I forgot about the 4th being a holiday for the postal service, so I apologize if that bumps things back a day or two on some deliveries.
Just curious what you mean by this - aren't blowout and solarfly the only two places you are shipping product to? Hopefully everyone gets this product on the same date...
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Just curious what you mean by this - aren't blowout and solarfly the only two places you are shipping product to? Hopefully everyone gets this product on the same date...
Just guessing, but I think he's saying there may be a delay in the shipment from Viceroy to the distributors.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #397 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Just guessing, but I think he's saying there may be a delay in the shipment from Viceroy to the distributors.
Yea and if BO and Solarfly have not received these yet dont expect them to show up on Monday. Probably looking at Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest.
Old 07-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #398 (permalink)
Tim

I just want a level playing field.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Side questions about the business side of sketch cards here: what happens to the sketches (if any are completed) or the blank cards (if they are not) when an artist is unable to get his sketches in on time? The only case of this that I have seen was with the Iron Man 3 packs, which had some Iron Man 2 sketches seeded in the packs. (And those might just have been ones that were held back from IM2 as damage replacements, I have no idea.) This announcement about David Day just made me curious about the issue.
blanks and commissions for blanks will be on ebay soon u can count on it unless Day does the right thing and return .. but for those who've read the scoundrel forum postings that might be a problem
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #400 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I just want a level playing field.
Sorry Tim, can't be a level playing field, when in my head, I'm guaranteed the Barnum Redemption!