Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #451 (permalink)

Liking the pulls so far. Stuff looks good as expected. My case got pushed back to Thursday.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 AM   #452 (permalink)

My date is now Friday as well. At least I have a short work day then, hopefully.
jb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #453 (permalink)
Banned

My delivery date was moved from wensday to Thursday from solarfly and blowout is Friday. I might bust both of my cases I'm kind of tempted. I would kill myself if I got rid of a case that had the barnum letter in it lol. Would make for a fun Friday afternoon.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #454 (permalink)

Looks like Blowout is now selling single boxes @ $45 a box. For those who missed out ...
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #455 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Looks like Blowout is now selling single boxes @ $45 a box. For those who missed out ...
they have at least 10 boxes available at that price. I highly doubt those will sell out at that price but we will see.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #456 (permalink)

Yeah, no nibbles on my case on ebay so I'm going to bust it when it arrives, which should be late today! My other case arrives tomorrow. C'mon redemption!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #457 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Yeah, no nibbles on my case on ebay so I'm going to bust it when it arrives, which should be late today! My other case arrives tomorrow. C'mon redemption!
Good luck man pull that barnum !
Old 07-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #458 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

got my packs in today, will open soon!

*just posted my break*
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now

Last edited by MCAutoGraphs; 07-09-2013 at 08:32 PM.
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #459 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAutoGraphs View Post
got my packs in today, will open soon!
That's gonna be so funny if someone pulls the Barnum from a handful of packs lol
Old 07-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #460 (permalink)

I almost want to go off the grid until I bust my packs so I still have hope of pulling the Barnum since I don't get mine until Friday and it will likely be pulled and posted before I get my case.

But I REALLY want to see the sketch cards people are pulling =)
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:29 PM   #461 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickyak View Post
I almost want to go off the grid until I bust my packs so I still have hope of pulling the Barnum since I don't get mine until Friday and it will likely be pulled and posted before I get my case.

But I REALLY want to see the sketch cards people are pulling =)
Don't worry,I plan on keeping it a secret when I pull it,to help keep prices up so we can all sell our sketches we don't want ;-)
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #462 (permalink)
Tim

i don't think i have ever seen so much hype for a non-major release as this one; yet i look on ebay and see zero sketch sales having been made thus far. (the auctions from last night all ended with zero bidders at $29.99 minimum). NONE of the fixed price ones with BO option have any offers. and the rare and exceptional looking plate has no offers. you guys still stoked about this release?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:47 AM   #463 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
i don't think i have ever seen so much hype for a non-major release as this one; yet i look on ebay and see zero sketch sales having been made thus far. (the auctions from last night all ended with zero bidders at $29.99 minimum). NONE of the fixed price ones with BO option have any offers. and the rare and exceptional looking plate has no offers. you guys still stoked about this release?
Of course! But that's because I'm not looking to turn a profit on my three cases.

Also, I'm not buying anything else until I open my three cases. So far I think ~5% of the consumers have their product. The issue may be that we simply have nothing to compare that to. Are these auctions the bottom halves of those cases? Then $30 may be a bit high, wouldn't you say?

Frankly, I'm not worried about it because this is my hobby not my job.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #464 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Of course! But that's because I'm not looking to turn a profit on my three cases.

Also, I'm not buying anything else until I open my three cases. So far I think ~5% of the consumers have their product. The issue may be that we simply have nothing to compare that to. Are these auctions the bottom halves of those cases? Then $30 may be a bit high, wouldn't you say?

Frankly, I'm not worried about it because this is my hobby not my job.
yes as a collector of course i'd be excited as what i just wrote has no bearing on collectors at all. well, maybe a little i guess if you can't sell the sketches you don't want to keep.

as a dealer i am concerned with the market in general - this release was done to perfection by viceroy - the right amount produced, the right price point, the content, etc. ... and while i am not pushing the panic button based on the very limited sample of sketches i see so far on ebay, i do think it's concerning that no one has bought or put an offer in on ANYthing. Only the rare ticket insert has sold ($27) so far.

my point wasn't to put this product under the microscope - it was to point out early warning signs that the market is so tough right now that a superior product done the right way just might -- and i say might again based on very little data so far -- underperform.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #465 (permalink)

Quote:

Frankly, I'm not worried about it because this is my hobby not my
job.
Ditto! It's just to early. There are so many more people who want to see what they get before jumping on more purchases.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #466 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Phenom View Post
Ditto! It's just to early. There are so many more people who want to see what they get before jumping on more purchases.
very possible and hoping you are right!
Old 07-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #467 (permalink)

Quote:
very possible and hoping you are right!
Plus hopefully their will be some new people drawn into the company/sketch cards who just like the theme of the set who will have to stumble across the product on eBay.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 PM   #468 (permalink)

Quote:
We have barely seen a sampling of the product. IMO I consider tomorrow the release date since the majority will be getting their orders. With a limited amount of sketches I would think buyers are waiting to get the best sketch of their liking for the best money.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #469 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankp2311 View Post
We have barely seen a sampling of the product. IMO I consider tomorrow the release date since the majority will be getting their orders. With a limited amount of sketches I would think buyers are waiting to get the best sketch of their liking for the best money.
I agree with this, it looks like most people will have their cases from BO/SolarFly on Thursday/Friday, so that is when we will see a huge chunk of the breaks and cards hit eBay. I have a case coming from BO on Friday (ordered when they were $300).

Looking forward to all the case breaks that will happen on Thursday and Friday...I know I'm searching for a few cards, and plan to finish a base set, as the cards look GREAT!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM   #470 (permalink)

I agree with the thinking that people are waiting to see what they get from what they break. Don't think a case has been broken yet. Not much has been put up on Ebay yet. If more stuff went up as auction style instead of BIN I think you would have seen more sales. I was looking to buy another case but prices have gone to high. So I will probably just go after the artists I want instead.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #471 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Phenom View Post
I think you're right on the money. There are more than 600 sketch cards for this product, We've barely seen, what, 50 so far?

I have to imagine a good amount of sketches from this set will go in the $15-$20 range, which given the price point of a box is pretty good. Obviously sketches of more popular subjects and more popular artists will go for more.

I think the subject matter in SPACE had a wider appeal - I think space enthusiasts (outside of card collectors) made up some of the buyers on the secondary market for that set. I'm not so sure there's a similar die-hard group for Carnival acts. Space enthusiasts are REALLY into the subject!
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 PM   #472 (permalink)

I wouldn't worry about it. I sold my sealed case pretty quick for an amount close to my asking price of $399. I wish I could have broken it, but I need the money because I just bought a new house and need moving money.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:05 PM   #473 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I have to imagine a good amount of sketches from this set will go in the $15-$20 range, which given the price point of a box is pretty good.
Ted - I am not in business to lose nearly half my money per box, lol. I hope that only a small minority of sketches go for $15 and under, and a "good amount" go for $30+.

Having said that, this release is still near the top of my list of expected "winner" products out in the last few months.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #474 (permalink)

While I'm waiting to get my cases I've got this Tattooed Snake Woman by Mike Vasquez to share. This is the original art for an unused promo card for the ‪‎Carnival‬ set (about 5x7in). It was felt it did not quite mesh up with the time period for the set, but is still an amazing piece that cannot go unseen. Mike ended up doing the Strongman that became the Philly Non-Sport Promo card instead.

Last edited by Pop Phenom; 07-10-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Pop Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #475 (permalink)

Quote:
Ted - I am not in business to lose nearly half my money per box, lol. I hope that only a small minority of sketches go for $15 and under, and a "good amount" go for $30+.

Having said that, this release is still near the top of my list of expected "winner" products out in the last few months.
I can't name a product where most sketches (at one per box) will net you a return of half the box price. There are other items in the box to balance out the value. My comment was a compliment to the Carnival set.

Just about every set has a multitude of sketches that go for roughly $10, and naturally some more, some (sadly) less. But those are coming out of boxes that are $60+. You have a lot more to recoup beyond that hit which is tougher to swallow.

Last edited by dd316; 07-10-2013 at 02:18 PM.
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote