Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #501 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
that's probably about 50-60 boxes so far busted with no barnum odds are now about 1:550 boxes
You're probably right... but If I had busted it, it would have slipped my mind while I was posting my break. Especially if I was one of those guys that still had more stuff on the way.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #502 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Tim - Although I've come to terms with the fact that nobody here wants to hear my opinion... I'm going to give it to you anyway.

(1) The singles on eBay right now seemed to be pretty over priced. I think Ted is great, but I don't see that card going for even close to $100. I plan on listing mine at $40/$60BIN. I think $200 for the plate is a tough pill to swallow. The set would end up costing you well over a grand

(2) I posted a couple weeks about whether or not people were seeing a little too much green on this release. No offense to Viceroy, who did an awesome job, but I think the hype got built up beyond reality. $60/packs $600/cases? It would be a pretty spectacular case to pull out $600 worth of goodies.

Those things said, you will not lose half or even lose a single penny on this release if you got your case at $300 or less. There will be those $10-20 cards. I don't expect to get more than $20 for my Foreman. But I there will be plenty of $40-60 cards to cover those and if you hit a Glebe, Cook, or any of the other big money makers you will get paid off. I think any worrying is premature.
I agree with every word you wrote, Spider.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #503 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,905
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop Phenom View Post
I guess my point was the thread was getting taken over by $$$ talk and not focused not sketch card talk from about mid way thru page 19 to this point.

Kinda takes the fun out of release week for me at least.
This is a forum to discuss opinions. The thread is 20 pages long and is devoted to Viceroy Carnival. This isn't scoundrel where the thread is devoted to the artists and their sketches. It's blowout where there are a lot of dealers, collectors and now artists sharing their perspectives and opinions freely. nothing wrong about that at all.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #504 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Tim - Although I've come to terms with the fact that nobody here wants to hear my opinion... I'm going to give it to you anyway.

(1) The singles on eBay right now seemed to be pretty over priced. I think Ted is great, but I don't see that card going for even close to $100.
Not many of mine do. I've got cards that go for a ton, then some that don't get bids at 99 (OK, those get one bid - my own ). It's all about what is put into the art and the set subject itself. That's why my APs and Returns vary in price from set to set, there are a lot of factors that go into determining that price. But you're not going to see the same resell value from set to set (with different themes), regardless of artist.

Was this set hyped? Yup. Did Viceroy deliver? Yup, it looks beautiful! It's up to collectors to set the market now.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:36 AM   #505 (permalink)
Member
 
Deathgate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bolivia, NC
Posts: 1,690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Not many of mine do. I've got cards that go for a ton, then some that don't get bids at 99 (OK, those get one bid - my own ). It's all about what is put into the art and the set subject itself. That's why my APs and Returns vary in price from set to set, there are a lot of factors that go into determining that price. But you're not going to see the same resell value from set to set (with different themes), regardless of artist.

Was this set hyped? Yup. Did Viceroy deliver? Yup, it looks beautiful! It's up to collectors to set the market now.
Hah! Now you'll be fighting me for those 99 cent cards, I've added "dastick" to my daily eBay searches! Just to let you know, eBay suggests the related search "dipstick".
__________________
My Sketch Card Collection: http://www.sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=39

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #506 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,938
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Hah! Now you'll be fighting me for those 99 cent cards, I've added "dastick" to my daily eBay searches! Just to let you know, eBay suggests the related search "dipstick".
You just made my day.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #507 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Hah! Now you'll be fighting me for those 99 cent cards, I've added "dastick" to my daily eBay searches! Just to let you know, eBay suggests the related search "dipstick".
Could be worse, could say that "Users who searched for 'dastick' also searched for 'Waterhouse Monkey.'"

Ted, the only thing that I'm a tiny bit disappointed with on this release is that I felt like I got a huge case hit in each of my Space! cases but not really in Carnival. That's counteracted a little by (in my opinion) artists like Mark Dos Santos, George Vega and Pablo Diaz really stepping up their game on this release. Perhaps this subject matter is more in their wheelhouse but I'm much more impressed with several artists' efforts on Carnival versus Space! while nobody appears to have moved downward in quality.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #508 (permalink)
Member
 
KevinCaptiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sketchfield USA
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post

Ted, the only thing that I'm a tiny bit disappointed with on this release is that I felt like I got a huge case hit in each of my Space! cases but not really in Carnival. That's counteracted a little by (in my opinion) artists like Mark Dos Santos, George Vega and Pablo Diaz really stepping up their game on this release. Perhaps this subject matter is more in their wheelhouse but I'm much more impressed with several artists' efforts on Carnival versus Space! while nobody appears to have moved downward in quality.
Agree on those artist especially on Diaz. Really liking the sketches I have seen from him on this set.
__________________
Fan of the NY Giants, Mets, Rangers, Knicks, St. Johns Redmen, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
http://sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=746

Last edited by KevinCaptiva; 07-11-2013 at 08:26 PM. Reason: testing something out
KevinCaptiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #509 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCaptiva View Post
Agree on those artist especially on Diaz. Really liking the sketches I have seen from him on this set.
Completely different (in a great way) artist, right?

Better keep an eye on him, all the best artists OD on something in their prime
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #510 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 624
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
This isn't scoundrel where the thread is devoted to the artists and their sketches. It's blowout where there are a lot of dealers, collectors and now artists sharing their perspectives and opinions freely. nothing wrong about that at all.
This comment got me thinking and looking. . . it seems like Blowout is very heavy in flippers/dealers and much lighter than the other boards on collectors. . . certainly some collectors are here, but the ratio of collectors to sellers is much different here than it is on other boards like Card Talk which is nearly all collectors, and Scoundrel which skews more heavily to collectors and artists than Blowout. . .

Interestingly, and maybe my search ability is terrible, but I don't see a mention of this set at all on Card Talk, and only 1 thread with three posts on Scoundrel.

Based on discussions on forums it seems like the penetration of this set is narrow and skews nearly exclusively towards a community that is heavier on sellers than buyers.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #511 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
only 1 thread with three posts on Scoundrel.
Well, I'm a collector and I'm only on Blowout but not by choice. I applied for an account at Scoundrel when I got an account here. I still don't have one. I've asked three people to message an admin at Scoundrel with my e-mail address and username.

I guess they don't want users at Scoundrel.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM   #512 (permalink)
Member
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 211
Default

Well, I managed to find 5 more packs, about to bust a couple wish me luck.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #513 (permalink)
Member
 
Mystafet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 1,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
Well, I managed to find 5 more packs, about to bust a couple wish me luck.
Good Luck, I'll be looking for your breaks in the box break section!
__________________
My Other Hobby: http://www.BSquaredPhotos.com
PCing:
Sketches by Mary Bellamy
Mystafet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #514 (permalink)
Member
 
KevinCaptiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sketchfield USA
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
Well, I managed to find 5 more packs, about to bust a couple wish me luck.
Good luck. Want to see some more breaks while I wait for Fedex to arrive.
__________________
Fan of the NY Giants, Mets, Rangers, Knicks, St. Johns Redmen, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
http://sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=746
KevinCaptiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:45 PM   #515 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,344
Default

my 2 cases are going to be here today I'm so tempted to bust them
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #516 (permalink)
Member
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystafet View Post
Good Luck, I'll be looking for your breaks in the box break section!
I'll try to get the scans up tonight.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #517 (permalink)
Member
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 211
Default

I hit the Katie Cook dog faced boy
Catherine Miller Mermaid
beard of bees /25 metal card

pics up tonight in the box break section

Last edited by KingMob; 07-11-2013 at 12:55 PM.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #518 (permalink)
Member
 
mcguirem13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,106
Default

Wow, very nice! I can't wait to see scans.
__________________
Bucket:
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc128/mcguirem13/
mcguirem13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #519 (permalink)
Member
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
Wow, very nice! I can't wait to see scans.
I was happy, thanks.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #520 (permalink)
Member
 
Mystafet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 1,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
my 2 cases are going to be here today I'm so tempted to bust them
BUST EM!!!!!!! lol
__________________
My Other Hobby: http://www.BSquaredPhotos.com
PCing:
Sketches by Mary Bellamy
Mystafet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:14 PM   #521 (permalink)
Member
 
KevinCaptiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sketchfield USA
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
I hit the Katie Cook dog faced boy
pics up tonight in the box break section
Nice Cook that was one of the two shown in the preview by Viceroy.
__________________
Fan of the NY Giants, Mets, Rangers, Knicks, St. Johns Redmen, and Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
http://sketchcollectors.com/gallery.php?user_id=746
KevinCaptiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 PM   #522 (permalink)
Member
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCaptiva View Post
Nice Cook that was one of the two shown in the preview by Viceroy.
Box 3 Richard Salvucci trapeze lady.

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #523 (permalink)
Member
 
Mystafet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Westminster, CO
Posts: 1,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
Box 3 Richard Salvucci trapeze lady.

I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.
IMO...keep going while you're ahead...already ahead
__________________
My Other Hobby: http://www.BSquaredPhotos.com
PCing:
Sketches by Mary Bellamy
Mystafet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #524 (permalink)
Member
 
KingMob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 211
Default

Is there a breakdown on how many cards each artist produced somewhere?, pardon my ignorance.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #525 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
Is there a breakdown on how many cards each artist produced somewhere?, pardon my ignorance.
Really? You're posting that here? In this very thread?
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.