Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #551 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Did we go too far? Or just far enough?

Watch out for the Viceroymobile when in Vegas.
Very cool, I'll be on the lookout for it next month!
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #552 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Very cool, I'll be on the lookout for it next month!
It's not on the Miata though, I put it on a sweet near mint 1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon I got for a steal. Vicewagon!

ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #553 (permalink)

You know when you buy just a couple cause you arent sure how you feel? Then after the fact you regret not buying more.. kinda what happened to me. Didn't get anything i wanted but still cool sketches..even if i dont sell them they were fun to rip and it's something different for the collection.
Shimey013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #554 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemike View Post
Looks like BO has 18 individual boxs and 1 case available.

$44.95 and $414.95, respectively.

Crazy how much has been held back and trickled into availability with varying degrees of price hikes/changes.
Although I agree those are pretty high prices considering the MSRP of $26.99... Why should Blowout sell them for $26.99 just so somebody else can try to turn them on eBay for $45? I understand both sides of it. Yes, it sucks for collectors. At the end of the day, if BO can't unload them at those prices they will reduce them until somebody buys them.

Also, I don't think holding back less than 10% of the production is a lot. There is no rule that everything has to be sold during the pre-sale period. Just like rip & flip dealers, BO has the right to hold back product that they think will go up in value. Lots of WD sealed cases sitting in peoples closets, slowly being sold for 5x MSRP.

I don't think BO (or SolarFly) should be held to a different standard than any other card dealer. They are not distributors or manufacturers, they are retailers. There is one case currently listed on eBay. BO has the better price.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #555 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not on the Miata though, I put it on a sweet near mint 1993 Subaru Legacy Wagon I got for a steal. Vicewagon!

Nice! Now you need to get some of your artists to paint a little sketch from one of your sets on the car
Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #556 (permalink)

Maybe you can get Ted to paint a clown on the car. That would be a true 1/1 for sure since no clowns were allowed in Carnival.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #557 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimey013 View Post
You know when you buy just a couple cause you arent sure how you feel? Then after the fact you regret not buying more.. kinda what happened to me. Didn't get anything i wanted but still cool sketches..even if i dont sell them they were fun to rip and it's something different for the collection.
Hee... you wish had got more "not what you wanted"... that's gotta be a compliment of some kind!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #558 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't think BO (or SolarFly) should be held to a different standard than any other card dealer. They are not distributors or manufacturers, they are retailers. There is one case currently listed on eBay. BO has the better price.
Uhh. . . actually they were referred to as distributors from the beginning:

Quote:
- All orders larger than 1 box would be placed via Blowout Cards or SolarFly Cards, our 2 current online distributors. This will provide a source for multi-box and case orders for those looking to put together larger collections or do some flipping.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #559 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by webjon View Post
They're considered card retailers though. If they were distributors, then they'd simply want Reseller's tax id' forms from everyone.

Last edited by Cujobyte; 07-12-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #560 (permalink)

Quote:
Calling them distributors was just my fault. I am not a smart man.
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #561 (permalink)

Quote:
I expect a bit more from you of all people Jon. Ryan calling them distributors doesn't make them distributors. They are an online retailer that anybody can purchase from. They sell by the case but they also sell by the pack.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #562 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
They're considered card retailers though. If they were distributors, then they'd simply want Reseller's tax id' forms from everyone.
The problem is that they're playing at both and it's not entirely clear to everyone what should be expected of them since there are pretty separate expectations for either role.

Most people agree that distributors have an obligation to not hike prices of products significantly and without cause. This is mostly due to the offer of exclusivity (of varying degrees) that distributors get from the companies that sell through them.

Distributors get product for well under MSRP so huge markups quickly just become offensive and needs to then be tacked onto the markup that the retailers need to add to their cost in order to keep their lights on.

And most people agree that retailers have the flexibility to mark up and change prices to meet current market forces. They have the most "risk" with purchasing product in a general sense.

Regardless of which you consider BO and SolarFly _should be_ in regard to Viceroy products, it's clear that one is acting more like a distributor while the other is acting more like a retailer. If both decide to act like pure retailers going forward, there's only one loser out of all of this and there's no telling how expensive future products will be for customers to acquire them.
bmemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #563 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
Maybe you can get Ted to paint a clown on the car. That would be a true 1/1 for sure since no clowns were allowed in Carnival.
If it weren't 150 degrees in Vegas I'd be all over that!
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #564 (permalink)

I actually liked this setup. I was unable to get in on the Solarfly preorder because I can't type fast enough. Yes, I paid more for my 3 packs from Blowout, but is was less than I would have paid buying from someone who had gotten from Solarfly with the intention of reselling.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #565 (permalink)

Quote:
I expect a bit more from you of all people Jon. Ryan calling them distributors doesn't make them distributors. They are an online retailer that anybody can purchase from. They sell by the case but they also sell by the pack.
A point I alluded to back in May, which no one responded to. . .

Quote:
(And really aren't Solarfly and Blowout retailers rather than distributors?)
Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #566 (permalink)

bmemike - ehhh... We all knew what to expect from BO. I don't agree with all of Ryan's decisions, but he explains himself and I understand why he makes the decisions he does. I appreciate that he takes the time to explain himself and even ask for feedback.

Jon - Don't mistake a lack of response for disagreement. In fact, you are more likely to elicit a response if somebody disagrees with what you wrote.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:00 AM   #567 (permalink)

Quote:
Jon - Don't mistake a lack of response for disagreement. In fact, you are more likely to elicit a response if somebody disagrees with what you wrote.
I am not mistaking anything for disagreement. . . just pointing out that I already alluded to the exact thing you were 'expecting more from me' about.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:01 AM   #568 (permalink)

Just acquired these Debra Quinn cards.

First, I want to say I love this set.
Hey, Viceroy, you get a 10 out of 10 from me.

Tom (F4collector)
F4collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #569 (permalink)

Welcome to the forum Tom!

I ended up opening my 2 cases, hit a fantastic "Elephant Man" Glebe sketch and a Katie Cook!!!! I'll try to post my breaks this week, I haven't been active much on here lately, been swamped this summer.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #570 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Welcome to the forum Tom!

I ended up opening my 2 cases, hit a fantastic "Elephant Man" Glebe sketch and a Katie Cook!!!! I'll try to post my breaks this week, I haven't been active much on here lately, been swamped this summer.
I thought you sold a case Nick.

Congrats on the two monster hits!
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:52 PM   #571 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

Just got my email on preorders for The Deep & Insectae...tough timing right after carnival but ill do my best lol

Which one is everyone looking forward to more??
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now

Last edited by MCAutoGraphs; 07-15-2013 at 06:04 AM.
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #572 (permalink)

Has the Barnum auto been pulled yet? I find it hard to believe it hasn't been busted yet.

Hoping to see someone on this forum pull it.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #573 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAutoGraphs View Post
Just got my email on preorders for The Deep & Insectae...tough timing right after carnival but ill do my best lol

Which one is everyone looking forward to more??
I'm actually really looking forward to both! I've always loved reefs and such, and really want to get another Salt Water Reef tank now that I have a house (once money permits), and being into photographer, I love macros of insects and bugs and crap...so both of these are right up my ally!
Mystafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 PM   #574 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Has the Barnum auto been pulled yet? I find it hard to believe it hasn't been busted yet.

Hoping to see someone on this forum pull it.
Viceroy said they wouldn't announce if someone has pulled it until the 20-somethingth. (28th?) So if it's been redeemed or if they've been contacted about it, they're keeping their lips sealed unless the person that pulled it chimes in first.

What's interesting is that BO still has a dozen boxes for sale... so it's actually possible that it's still sitting on their shelves.
bmemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #575 (permalink)

You never know about the Barnum- I am in Canada and haven't received my 4 boxes yet, and a lot of other international customers may not have either. It may be sitting in a Customs inspection line somewhere.... I just hope that my boxes have the Cook Beard of Bees sketch
Fenian95 is online now   Reply With Quote