Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #576 (permalink)

Not that I'm keeping track, but between here and eBay I doubt we have seen even near half of the boxes busted. A few might be in transit and 3 still at BO, but I'm guessing people are sitting on most of them.

EDIT: Looks like just about 30 cases worth in the BO box break section. Another 20 cases worth on eBay active/sold, but I think MOST of that is accounted for in the BO breaks. I'd guess somewhere between 15-25 cases still to be broken.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 07-15-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #577 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Not that I'm keeping track, but between here and eBay I doubt we have seen even near half of the boxes busted. A few might be in transit and 3 still at BO, but I'm guessing people are sitting on most of them.

EDIT: Looks like just about 30 cases worth in the BO box break section. Another 2 cases worth on eBay active/sold, but I think MOST of that is accounted for in the BO breaks. I'd guess somewhere between 15-25 cases still to be broken.
Also, we drive traffic to both SolarFly and Blowout from our mailings, twitter, Facebook, and anyone who randomly emails us looking to purchase. There are a lot of collectors from the sketch card world that have never seen the blowout forums. There are also people who just like the individual theme that find us via google, like letterpress items, want to support a local Las Vegas product, or purchase for many other reasons.
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #578 (permalink)

My 4 boxes just came in- no Barnum or printing plates but some mighty nice sketches.

Scans will come in the Box Break section a bit later tonight.
Fenian95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #579 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

Now the question is will the Insectae sell out before the preorder starts for The Deep...would be nice to order both at same time but I grabbed 2 packs for now.
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #580 (permalink)

Default Carnival Artist ID

This is the only artists from my case I can't ID. Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Viceroy Cards - Carnival Sketch Set-pic_1927.jpg   Viceroy Cards - Carnival Sketch Set-pic_1928.jpg  
literarywill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #581 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by literarywill View Post
This is the only artists from my case I can't ID. Any ideas?
Chris Uminga
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #582 (permalink)

Default Card ID

Thanks for the artist ID. Anyone know what this "card" is?
Attached Thumbnails
Viceroy Cards - Carnival Sketch Set-pic_1938.jpg   Viceroy Cards - Carnival Sketch Set-pic_1939.jpg   Viceroy Cards - Carnival Sketch Set-pic_1940.jpg   Viceroy Cards - Carnival Sketch Set-pic_1941.jpg  
Old 07-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #583 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by literarywill View Post
Thanks for the artist ID. Anyone know what this "card" is?
One of the 4 back printing plates. All 4 are different, one for each style of back. Nice pull!

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #584 (permalink)

Default Thanks very much.

Now to post it on EBAY.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #585 (permalink)

Hey Guys!

Just a quick heads up, might not affect everyone but I wanted to let you know. In warmer climates (like Las Vegas), take care with the metal inserts if you decided to put them in 9-pocket pages for storage. The fronts don't have any issues, but it is possible for the ink on the back labels to come off in very small sections if it's really warm and they stick in the pages.

If you can store them in the penny sleeves that would be best, but I know some of you want to put them in 9-pocket pages, so just take care if you're in a really hot or humid/sticky climate and maybe wait to remove them until the weather is cooler if you do so. You could also store them with card size paper behind them or similar and you won't have an issue removing.

Basically the ink is printed on top of plastic labels on the back, so just make sure when you take them from penny sleeves, 9 pockets, etc that it's not 100 degrees out!

Last edited by ViceroyCards; 07-16-2013 at 10:55 PM.
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #586 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to MCAutoGraphs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Hey Guys!

Just a quick heads up, might not affect everyone but I wanted to let you know. In warmer climates (like Las Vegas), take care with the metal inserts if you decided to put them in 9-pocket pages for storage. The fronts don't have any issues, but it is possible for the ink on the back labels to come off in very small sections if it's really warm and they stick in the pages.

If you can store them in the penny sleeves that would be best, but I know some of you want to put them in 9-pocket pages, so just take care if you're in a really hot or humid/sticky climate and maybe wait to remove them until the weather is cooler if you do so. You could also store them with card size paper behind them or similar and you won't have an issue removing.

Basically the ink is printed on top of plastic labels on the back, so just make sure when you take them from penny sleeves, 9 pockets, etc that it's not 100 degrees out!

Thanks for heads up, I should know - I'm in Mojave lol. I sometimes use the promo cards from Ginter to back some of mine. They're thin enough & work good.
Find me on FB under Memorabilia Craze 4 Contests & Specials, Twitter @ Memorabilia_Now
MCAutoGraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:39 PM   #587 (permalink)

You can usually buy blank bristol sketch cards at the art store. Sometimes I use them to back acetate cards so I can see the image well when I look through my stuff. They are nice and thin.
Old 07-19-2013, 01:41 PM   #588 (permalink)
Banned

looks like im going to lose about 150 dollars on my 2 cases I opened. only 7 of the sketches sold for 20 dollars the rest didn't even get a bid at 20. not to impressed but I realize that's part of it there are good breaks and bad breaks. I personally will be staying away from the next two releases but others can do as they wish. I really regret opening the cases versus selling them sealed but oh well it was still a little fun.

Last edited by rip+flip; 07-19-2013 at 01:46 PM.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #589 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
looks like im going to lose about 150 dollars on my 2 cases I opened. only 7 of the sketches sold for 20 dollars the rest didn't even get a bid at 20. not to impressed but I realize that's part of it there are good breaks and bad breaks. I personally will be staying away from the next two releases but others can do as they wish. I really regret opening the cases versus selling them sealed but oh well it was still a little fun.
Not sure why you would treat this like a sports product and be in a hurry to send everything to auction. This stuff takes time to move if you want good prices. You should revise your name to rip + give away.
Frankp2311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #590 (permalink)

Quote:
Surprised your Lee went for so low. Thought it would have went for more just because she only did 5 and for the detail she put into the cards.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #591 (permalink)

Quote:
You have some nice sketches that didn't sell, and I'm surprised no one grabbed that negative. If it were me, I'd list them again, 7 day auction, and add sketch counts to the title (Only did x sketches for set!), but I would wait a few days, for any $9.99 starting bid sketches to finish, or only have a few days left.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #592 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinCaptiva View Post
Surprised your Lee went for so low. Thought it would have went for more just because she only did 5 and for the detail she put into the cards.
Yeah, I almost picked up your Lee, but got busy at work and forgot...I sold mine for $50 (I think), but wanted to try to build a full master set, since I'm really only missing Cook and a few other minor sketches.

Almost wish I didn't sell mine, so I could try the full master set
Old 07-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #593 (permalink)
Banned

all the ones that didn't sell will be relisted tonight at 14.99 starting bid I will just take the loss and move on no big deal.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #594 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly I was surprised at the low prices as well,HOWEVER I haven't done bad. I have sold 3 cards for $130. Traded one for another card I feel is worth $80. And have 6 low end sketches left,and 1/1 printing plate negative ( really shocked how little these are selling for,I'll just keep it for now)
So I did $210 in cash and 1 trade and another $120 or so in common (not sold yet)sketches,and of course the base cards I like I'm keeping.
So making $30-$40 at best by the time it's said and done,and have a 1/1 plate and the base cards. Not bad,but not great either
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:20 PM   #595 (permalink)

I think a lot of people were seeing green that wasn't there, but I'm still surprised to hear anybody is taking a $150 loss on two cases. Personally, I thought the guy who got my Miller for $75 got a great deal. The detail on that card was outstanding, not to mention it was one of the cards used for the AC subset. Anyway, I picked a price I knew it would sell at because I had some other things I wanted to spend that money on and wasn't really looking to turn a profit on my purchase. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about with Viceroy's products and not lose any money in the process. Will be pretty difficult for me to take a loss at this point, unless I just don't sell the other sketches.

Also, it has a lot to do with the state of the market right now. There is so much to chose from, something has to be really special to pull in triple digits.
Old 07-19-2013, 07:43 PM   #596 (permalink)

Default Carnival

I think space was more popular of a subject that's for sure...I opened two cases of space & kept about 14 sketches....I also opened up two cases of carnival & the two sketches I'm keeping are ones I purchased...I don't agree that these cards take time to sell...if there is interest they sell...if you wait people move on...like I said I have 14 space sketches & loved the set...but I don't search for space sketches anymore...people that had high prices on their space cards still have them for sale....I do however think raising the pack number to 1000 is not a good idea...limited is what keeps the value on these types of sets...500 great...little over 600 ok...1000...I will be buying singles
hamoody22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #597 (permalink)

When I'm listing sketches to sell, I target the individual buyer and not the masses. I assume there might only be 1 person who's interested in each card, and I try and start it at the price it would be worth to that one person instead of starting it low and hope it gets bid up to it's actual value. If I feel a card is worth $30 to a person would would want that for their collection, I start it at $30. It may not sell the first go around, but eventually it will reach the person I'm targeting. It takes patience, and sometimes the price needs to be lowered after 2-3 weeks of a particular card not being sold, but I find the return is pretty decent. I admit though, the sales certainly are slower than I expected for this set. I thought the secondary market would be a little more eager for the cards especially at lower end prices of less than a pack.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #598 (permalink)

I think it's a mix of a super-soft secondary market right now and some unrealistic expectations on value by people looking for the quick flip.

It's not fair when the sell values don't reflect the quality of the product, but it happens.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #599 (permalink)

Act fast.. another great deal to be had by somebody who is glad I'm not collecting this set 2013 Viceroy Card Co Carnival Color Sketch Card by Danielle Gransaull | eBay
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #600 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Act fast.. another great deal to be had by somebody who is glad I'm not collecting this set 2013 Viceroy Card Co Carnival Color Sketch Card by Danielle Gransaull | eBay
Meh.....sorry but all personal taste.
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote