Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #601 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
Meh.....sorry but all personal taste.
Regardless, that's a pretty good price for one of her sketches. If I was still selling, I'd pick it up just to flip down the road.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #602 (permalink)

We're happy to announce that the PT Barnum Redemption card has been claimed! Congratulations to the lucky collector! We were contacted that it had been pulled last weekend, and received the card in the mail 3 days ago.

Here are some details:

The collector IS a member of the Blowout Cards Forum, although he mostly lurks (his words) and just checks out the box break sections. He's considering making a thread, but said he might just wait until he has the signed letter in hand.

The winner has decided to leave the letter unframed from us, as he wants to add it to his game room/man cave with his own style of frame to match his signed photo/memorabilia collection. I've asked him for a photo once it's among his collection for us and everyone else to see!

This was his second Viceroy purchase, after picking up just a couple packs of Space. He mentioned he's mostly a sports collector, but is starting to branch into other areas of collecting.

Hopefully he'll make a post about pulling the card, or once he gets the letter. It didn't come up, but I don't believe he's going to list it for sale as it seemed like he's more interested in adding it to his collection.

I'll add pictures of the redemption and letter shortly, before we send it out to him this afternoon.

Thanks again to everyone who bought Carnival, we had a lot of fun producing the set!
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #603 (permalink)

The redemption card was metal like the inserts, only double sided and double thick. It took the place of the metal inserts in the pack to keep the weight similar.

edit: That 'redeem' email address has been turned off, until a time when we have more redemptions.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #604 (permalink)

Congrats. But wahh,wahhhhhhh:-(
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #605 (permalink)

Congrats, lucky lurking person!

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #606 (permalink)

ok .. buying carnival packs ... now
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #607 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Congrats, lucky lurking person!
Having been on the forum member side... and then moving over to this side... it's amazing how many messages we get from people with zero post count, but still ask questions about products, their pulls, etc. I suppose it makes sense though. I know I didn't post in here for a long while after joining. Just takes some time I guess!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #608 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Having been on the forum member side... and then moving over to this side... it's amazing how many messages we get from people with zero post count, but still ask questions about products, their pulls, etc. I suppose it makes sense though. I know I didn't post in here for a long while after joining. Just takes some time I guess!
There are many collectors who want little to nothing to do with the public forums/publicity of their collections. The added attention of, basically, whatever set(s) they're trying to complete can only serve to hurt their ability to acquire certain cards. Anyone who is serious about what they're doing knows where to go and how to handle obtaining the information they're looking for. (As in collectors who just email you directly instead of asking in a group setting, etc.)
Old 07-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #609 (permalink)

Has anyone else had trouble with the backs of the metal inserts? I pulled a large group out of penny sleeves and the red backing pulled off in small, random circles on many of them. I then ran my finger along the back of one that was spotting badly and slight pressure with my finger removed the red backing.

Front of the cards are fine. Will post scans if people want to see what I mean.
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #610 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchopolix View Post
Has anyone else had trouble with the backs of the metal inserts? I pulled a large group out of penny sleeves and the red backing pulled off in small, random circles on many of them. I then ran my finger along the back of one that was spotting badly and slight pressure with my finger removed the red backing.

Front of the cards are fine. Will post scans if people want to see what I mean.
We posted a bit about it last week. Basically the back images are printed on plastic labels... and sometimes in the heat or other scenarios the ink may rub off a bit. We think it was a combination of the cards being in penny sleeves, and being shipped out when it was 115 degrees here in Las Vegas. They might have sat in the heat too long, and a few stuck in places with plastic on plastic, and ink in between. For the most part everyones are ok. We're working on a different label and fix for the next batch, if we bring them back.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #611 (permalink)

That's a great looking redemption card. Pretty cool to have the document and that great looking card to show off together.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 AM   #612 (permalink)

Here is my 2 case break finally!! Great redemption, congrats to the puller!!! Cujo's Carnival 2 case break! Cook & Glebe!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #613 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
We posted a bit about it last week. Basically the back images are printed on plastic labels... and sometimes in the heat or other scenarios the ink may rub off a bit. We think it was a combination of the cards being in penny sleeves, and being shipped out when it was 115 degrees here in Las Vegas. They might have sat in the heat too long, and a few stuck in places with plastic on plastic, and ink in between. For the most part everyones are ok. We're working on a different label and fix for the next batch, if we bring them back.
Any chance of getting replacements?
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #614 (permalink)

Mark Dos Santos and I have a number of blank artist proofs for several Viceroy Card sets available for sale. Buyer will get art input.

All prices are negotiable dependent on quantity purchased.

All reasonable offers considered.

Autumn
- Cryptids (9) - $40ea
- Space! (9) - $35ea
- Carnival (10) - $35ea

Mark Dos Santos
- Space! (9) - $35ea
- Carnival (10) - $35ea
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:25 PM   #615 (permalink)

One of the funniest listings I've seen in a while

Viceroy Carnival Opened Case with 10 Opened Boxes | eBay