Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedd2k View Post
First! haha
Viceroy Collector #1 has graced us with his presence! Bow before him, plebes!
ViceroyCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
Viceroy Collector #1 has graced us with his presence! Bow before him, plebes!
It was fitting, being as it was your first release and it was my first sketch card purchase ever. When it was all said and done I ended up with a nice collection of Squonks that I wouldn't trade for the world. The Keezle Deathworm I managed to part with, but you would have to pry my J Linares Squonk from my cold dead hands.
zedd2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #178 (permalink)

I feel bad for skipping this set. I really do like Viceroy and the cards they are selling but it's just not my cup of tea.

Maybe I will buy two cases of The Deep when that comes out. If there isn't a limit on the number of cases you can buy of course.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #179 (permalink)

Hay, 3rd row from the bottom with the glare, that's my pack!
Thank you for having me in this set guys!
GVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #180 (permalink)

Looks like they're back up on Blowout Cards for $324.95/case and $34.95/box ...
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
Looks like they're back up on Blowout Cards for $324.95/case and $34.95/box ...
See, this is what "collectors" didn't want to see happen. Their only two outlets to purchase this product from - SolarFly and BO. You either pay a mark up and get it from BO or you try and get in one of SolarFlys small windows before the products is gone?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)

Last edited by Zerokruel; 05-20-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
See, this is what "collectors" didn't want to see happen. Their only two outlets to purchase this product from - SolarFly and BO. You either pay a mark up and get it from BO or you try and get in one of SolarFlys small windows before the products is gone?
There's a lot of good points about this and I'm sure a lot of great opinions from both sides but I feel like a discussion about distribution channels deserves its own thread (bearing in mind that you're on a website hosted by a distributor). We should try and keep this thread to purely to circle jerking and fantasizing about Viceroy's Carnival set! Here, like this:

Old 05-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
They won't last at that price and I don't think you'll see them any lower ever again (yeah, I mean at SolarFly's next pre-sale too)

Quote:
orders came in at about a couple per day, until they really took off after collectors started posting their breaks. It only took 2 days to sell out after that happened.
This will happen again... even at $40/box. When singles are selling for $60+ people will buy up those boxes. Who knows what treasures they may contain?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #184 (permalink)

I could be wrong but the current price point at BOC for a case might stay at that level until release.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:17 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
I could be wrong but the current price point at BOC for a case might stay at that level until release.
Well they've been up at that price for at least 5 or 6 hours so I'm guessing that's a good price to give everyone a chance who just wants a few to hold on to.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think it will make it to release at that price. People will wait to see what SolarFly's second offering is at, and once those are gone these will quickly disappear too.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:25 PM   #187 (permalink)

These will be sold out by release and if anyone is looking for a case after June 28th they will be over $400, assuming you can find one for sale.
Frankp2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #188 (permalink)

How thick pt. will the sketches be? Thinking about ordering a case and I want to get the right toploaders for them.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers04 View Post
How thick pt. will the sketches be? Thinking about ordering a case and I want to get the right toploaders for them.
I bought three cases and two packs of space -- all came in appropriate Ultra Pro one touch holders depending on the sketch. Some water color and thick sketches required 100 pt and they packaged them as such but I think the others were 55 pt. I think. But to be safe you should go 100 pt for thickness if you don't like Ultra Pro one touch (assuming they do it the same way they did Space).
Old 05-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers04 View Post
The card stock for the sketches is 72pt. Once they go through the letterpress they get a tiny bit thinner, however they can grow a bit once the paint/ink soaks in.

We use both 75pt and 100pt Ultra Pro Magnetic holders in the boxes, depending on the individual sketch and how it fits. Sketches drawn in marker tend to fit the 75pt nicely, where any other medium needs 100pt.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:24 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
I bought three cases and two packs of space -- all came in appropriate Ultra Pro one touch holders depending on the sketch. Some water color and thick sketches required 100 pt and they packaged them as such but I think the others were 55 pt. I think. But to be safe you should go 100 pt for thickness if you don't like Ultra Pro one touch (assuming they do it the same way they did Space).
....Ryan beat me to it :-)
100pt case 72pt thick card
Old 05-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViceroyCards View Post
The card stock for the sketches is 72pt. Once they go through the letterpress they get a tiny bit thinner, however they can grow a bit once the paint/ink soaks in.

We use both 75pt and 100pt Ultra Pro Magnetic holders in the boxes, depending on the individual sketch and how it fits. Sketches drawn in marker tend to fit the 75pt nicely, where any other medium needs 100pt.
Cool. I didn't even know they came in Magnetic Holders to begin with, so that's very nice to know, not to mention very cool! Just about to order a case through BO. Thanks everyone for the quick responses.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #193 (permalink)

Old 05-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #194 (permalink)

I like the Autumn F Yes/No machine!
Mystafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #195 (permalink)

Anyone know if there's a "Zoltar" from the movie "Big"?
Old 05-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Anyone know if there's a "Zoltar" from the movie "Big"?
I'm not sure if there will be very many of the fortune teller machines in the set. I think mostly that's because those were more associated with Boardwalk or stationary Fairs. Most traveling Carnivals and Circuses had a live fortune teller traveling with them, so I believe the mechanical versions were not as popular. Pretty sure you wouldn't want to piss off a psychic by trying to replace her with a machine.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:34 AM   #197 (permalink)

I'll be pretty disappointed in Solars prices if the next wave are not the same as the first one. I could've bought during the first wave, but decided to wait for a little more extra spending cash. So if it winds up being that I'll be getting the same thing but it's more expensive this time around than say by $20+, I might just pass..and I definitely don't wanna do that. I'm not paying much more for something I could've purchased but decided to wait until the second wave. Now if it said "first wave is now, second wave will be $50 more", then I would've purchased no problem. I really don't see Solar increases prices though

I'm use to buying off sites that sell out of products within seconds. So I'm not too worried with the second wave if the first lasted 5 minutes.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #198 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
I'll be pretty disappointed in Solars prices if the next wave are not the same as the first one. I could've bought during the first wave, but decided to wait for a little more extra spending cash. So if it winds up being that I'll be getting the same thing but it's more expensive this time around than say by $20+, I might just pass..and I definitely don't wanna do that. I'm not paying much more for something I could've purchased but decided to wait until the second wave. Now if it said "first wave is now, second wave will be $50 more", then I would've purchased no problem. I really don't see Solar increases prices though

I'm use to buying off sites that sell out of products within seconds. So I'm not too worried with the second wave if the first lasted 5 minutes.
Ever hear of supply and demand?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #199 (permalink)

Woo-hoo, dragged myself up out of the grave (these allergies are killing me!) and grabbed my 3 packs from Blowout. Now, to sink back into my swamp of medication and phlegm!

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathgate View Post
Woo-hoo, dragged myself up out of the grave (these allergies are killing me!) and grabbed my 3 packs from Blowout. Now, to sink back into my swamp of medication and phlegm!
Glad you were able to score your packs