Blowout Cards Forums
Sean Bassik

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Fab Four Redemption... what to do??

THIS IS ABOUT THE FAMOUS FABRICS BEATLES REDEMPTION CARD...

I got one of the 30 that is left remaining in the drawing.... I am partnered up with another guy as he split the cost of the card with me....

He wants to ride it all da way.... I am not that fearless...haha...Please note that I got this card from 1 box and I have already made $300 by selling the rest of the contents and having the guy paying for half of the card... So I am playing with house money at this point...

So my question is how much will the actual card fetch if we win...knowing just recently an album with where all 4 beetles signed sold for close to $300k...

I am sure a card will not sell for that much, but any estimate??

And any estimate on the redemption worth knowing only 30 are left....One sold for $550 when there were 50 left...

Last part...should I try to convince my partner to sell it or ride it out with him... lol...

Last edited by wegoingsizzler; 04-02-2013 at 05:33 PM.
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

I read halfway before I realized this wasn't about the Big Bang Theory redemption card lol
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
I read halfway before I realized this wasn't about the Big Bang Theory redemption card lol
Fixed it for future readers...
Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

That's a tough one. It's tempting to let it ride, but realistically your odds are still pretty low. It's gone from 1 in 100 to 1 in 30... so from 1% to a little better than 3%. That's still low.

If you really want to sell to make sure you get something out of it, offer to sell your half of the card to the other guy, and he can ride it all the way.

Not really sure what the card would sell for, but I don't think anywhere near the $300k that the album sold for. That item sold for big bucks because it's rare to have an item signed by all four. Since we are talking about a cut auto card, that's a little different, since they probably took 4 single signed autos and put them together on a card, it's not really an item that all 4 signed together. But I'm thinking it could be worth anywhere from $5k to $10k? That's a total guess though, maybe it's worth a lot more than that.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

My thought is, if you're already playing with the house money...let it ride. I mean if you split with your buddy, or even sell only talking a couple hundred bucks, you're already green, so ride it out unless you're gonna make at least $1k or something.
Sketches of Black Cat / Harley Quinn
Mystafet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

My guess would be in the $8-$10k range. I would go ahead and sell it because there is about a 97% chance that it will be absolutely worthless down the road.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Not really sure what the card would sell for, but I don't think anywhere near the $300k that the album sold for. That item sold for big bucks because it's rare to have an item signed by all four. Since we are talking about a cut auto card, that's a little different, since they probably took 4 single signed autos and put them together on a card, it's not really an item that all 4 signed together. But I'm thinking it could be worth anywhere from $5k to $10k? That's a total guess though, maybe it's worth a lot more than that.
I'm not thinking $300K either, but if the actual item bears any resemblance to the redemption, I'm thinking that it's a single piece signed by all 4. If I were you, I'd PM Dr. Brian Price (bprice), head of Famous Fabrics and a member of this board, for more info. Can't hurt, could be useful.

As a point of reference, the Elvis cut from this product was BO'ed for $5K.
aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)

If one sold for $550 when there were 50 left. Not knowing anything about it, I'd put a price tops around 3k-4k.

Just because 20 more have been pulled, I don't see the price jumping up by like 7-9 grand.

It could go up in money, but I'd put money on it dropping in price before it goes up much more that would be worth waiting for. I'd sell and try to get the most out of it.
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Manufacturer

The redemption card was NOT made from four individual signatures. It was a single piece with all four autographs on it.

It it rare to have a piece small enough to fit on a trading card with all four signatures on it. In fact, I have only seen one, the one I acquired for this product.

Just wanted to clear this up.

Brian Price
Famous Fabrics
bprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post
The redemption card was NOT made from four individual signatures. It was a single piece with all four autographs on it.

It it rare to have a piece small enough to fit on a trading card with all four signatures on it. In fact, I have only seen one, the one I acquired for this product.

Brian Price
Famous Fabrics
That's pretty cool, and makes it worth significantly more. I have no idea what it would be worth with all 4 signatures on a single piece, but probably at least double my original estimate.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

Having been fighting with Topps for over a year on 3 redemption cards in the $1,500 price range. I am very Leary of ANY REDEMPTION CARDS. Not sure who the actual manufacturer is. I know it's music,music,music. But not sure who put it out. But I personally wouldn't invest a lot of money in ANY redemption card. Ever again,I took a huge loss on the 3 I purchased from Topps. That's just my 2cents worth.
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefanmick View Post
Having been fighting with Topps for over a year on 3 redemption cards in the $1,500 price range. I am very Leary of ANY REDEMPTION CARDS. Not sure who the actual manufacturer is. I know it's music,music,music. But not sure who put it out. But I personally wouldn't invest a lot of money in ANY redemption card. Ever again,I took a huge loss on the 3 I purchased from Topps. That's just my 2cents worth.
This is a different animal, Mick--Dr. Price runs a very reputable company IMO and I would not hesitate to purchase a redemption for this product.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefanmick View Post
The person who put it out commented on this thread two posts above yours. You have ZERO to worry about as far as Price coming through with the card. I believe the card is already made and waiting to be given away when they get down to the last entry.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thanks monkeymcgee. I trust your opinion 100% having dealt with you several times. Ill just steer clear of Topps. I had very good response on the cards from Goodwin Champions. So I know there are reputable dealers out there. It's just sad,a long standing company like Topps isn't one of them..and Mr.Price I WAS IN NO WAY DOWNGRADING YOUR PRODUCT OR COMPANY. Just passing on the troubles I have been having. I apologize if it came across this way.
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

My redemption from my case of Music Music (which I sold the week it came out) was the FIRST # eliminated, phew!
coltsnsox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bprice View Post

Brian Price
Famous Fabrics
Thanks Dr. Price for the clarification... I am really tempted to hold on to this and see what happens, but need to get some cash now as I am in the process of buying a new apartment... i know it wouldn't be much but every little bit helps...

I will take the advice from the other post and see if my partner wants to buy the other half at market now... thanks for the advice guys...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
Tim

that card will go for between 15 and 20 grand in my opinion. consider some other factors:

1. will you enjoy traveling to chicago and being a part of the excitement at the national convention should you make it to the final 10? if yes, i'd ride it out and have fun. the experience itself will add value to you.
2. can you get a large chunk of change for that card right now? (not talking $500 but more like $1500-$2000) if so, well, that would sway me to consider selling. but i doubt you could...
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
that card will go for between 15 and 20 grand in my opinion. consider some other factors:

1. will you enjoy traveling to chicago and being a part of the excitement at the national convention should you make it to the final 10? if yes, i'd ride it out and have fun. the experience itself will add value to you.
2. can you get a large chunk of change for that card right now? (not talking $500 but more like $1500-$2000) if so, well, that would sway me to consider selling. but i doubt you could...
I have estimated the value of the card to be over $30k... that is my value of it knowing the Album sold for close to $300k.. 1/10 of the value of that knowing all 4 signed on the same document should not be too far off.

I posed some questions to Dr. Price to help me determine if I should hold on to the card or sell it:

1. Does attendance require to be qualify for the drawing at the national. If so, is FF paying for the trip. Not that I can't pay for it, but it would be a plus on the hold side, if FF pays for it.

2. Any consolation prizes for the non-winners (last 10) at the nationals. Again, if yes, another plus to hold.

3. How would the drawing actually work, as I am not sure all 90 redemption cards have been pulled. So the winner could be a non-pulled redemption right?

Once I have the answers from him, it will help me to make my decision a lot easier...
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
I have estimated the value of the card to be over $30k... that is my value of it knowing the Album sold for close to $300k.. 1/10 of the value of that knowing all 4 signed on the same document should not be too far off.

I posed some questions to Dr. Price to help me determine if I should hold on to the card or sell it:

1. Does attendance require to be qualify for the drawing at the national. If so, is FF paying for the trip. Not that I can't pay for it, but it would be a plus on the hold side, if FF pays for it.

2. Any consolation prizes for the non-winners (last 10) at the nationals. Again, if yes, another plus to hold.

3. How would the drawing actually work, as I am not sure all 90 redemption cards have been pulled. So the winner could be a non-pulled redemption right?

Once I have the answers from him, it will help me to make my decision a lot easier...
LOL at #1 - c'mon - you can't think for one second that FF would or should pay for your trip...

#2 - highly unlikely

#3 - i would think they would only put the numbers in the raffle from the attendees there

of course, i am only guessing on these answers but i would be surprised if you get a different response.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
t1. will you enjoy traveling to chicago and being a part of the excitement at the national convention should you make it to the final 10? if yes, i'd ride it out and have fun. the experience itself will add value to you.
I'm guessing since he misspelled the band name that he's not a huge fan of those Liverpudlian lads. Might enjoy the trip but not so much the subject matter ...
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL at #1 - c'mon - you can't think for one second that FF would or should pay for your trip...

#2 - highly unlikely

#3 - i would think they would only put the numbers in the raffle from the attendees there

of course, i am only guessing on these answers but i would be surprised if you get a different response.
Dr. Price came back.

1. Not required to be there, so no, they are not paying for the trip..oh well..

2. No consolation prizes... again oh well...

3. Any redemption card that has not been eliminated can win. So it could be one from a seal box. So a true "winner" (person) might not be determined at the national. Unlike the leaf search for joe jackson.

Looks like we will be taking this to the bay and get what we can at this point...
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Dr. Price came back.

1. Not required to be there, so no, they are not paying for the trip..oh well..

2. No consolation prizes... again oh well...

3. Any redemption card that has not been eliminated can win. So it could be one from a seal box. So a true "winner" (person) might not be determined at the national. Unlike the leaf search for joe jackson.

Looks like we will be taking this to the bay and get what we can at this point...
ok - good luck - be careful with ebay - make sure you do NOT allow returns of any kind on this one.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
ok - good luck - be careful with ebay - make sure you do NOT allow returns of any kind on this one.
I totally agree, but even with an offline deal they would have 45 days to open a case if they pay with Paypal.

I'd make sure it went to someone I felt pretty good about given the high risk/high reward nature of the item. Or get them to pay Gift if you can.

[Inactive]
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I totally agree, but even with an offline deal they would have 45 days to open a case if they pay with Paypal.

I'd make sure it went to someone I felt pretty good about given the high risk/high reward nature of the item. Or get them to pay Gift if you can.
Good point - no way would I sell that card with a credit card payment.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Good point - no way would I sell that card with a credit card payment.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! This man speaks the truth.

I've had these opened up 6 months later.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote