Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
I highly doubt this would be someones "crown jewel"....This was purchased to flip at a much higher price which is happening a lot right now with the WD. If it is truly a "crown jewel", you do not sell your "crown jewel" as there is no dollar amount worth it for this supposed "crown jewel". There are cards in my collection that I would not sell for any dollar amount and those are my TRUE "crown jewels". I will die with them in my collection and I guess who ever receives my will, will be the ones to sell. This is America the world of the free. So, to each is own. I just think it is a turnoff to those in the hobby. And, that is just my opinion which is like an ahole....we all have one.
I don't have a problem with you thinking this guy is a jerk... think what you want. I think you are full of $#!T here though. There isn't a single card in my collection that I couldn't give up for the right price. Maybe that price is $1,000, maybe its $10,000, maybe its $1,000,000. The point is, there is a price that would sway me to give up any card in my collection, any item in my belonging.

Okay I suppose you may be filthy rich and have no use for money. In that case, I suppose I'm wrong about you.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #27 (permalink)

Did this topic backfire?
Old 04-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMonkey415 View Post
Did this topic backfire?

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah.

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #29 (permalink)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #30 (permalink)

I've said it before and I guess I'll say it again, but unless the seller is pulling some kind of scam, mind your own business. We had another thread in the non-sports sales section where people gave the seller grief about his price. I just find that really out of bounds.

If the person isn't asking for value advice, just keep it to yourself. When no one buys their items, they'll get the picture that they are asking for too much. No need to give the seller grief about it.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #31 (permalink)

I loled at 'ruin the hobby'. Here I thought companies making fake cards, or not supplying chases they promise were ruining the hobby.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #32 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

The OP making call out threads and calling them jerks is what is hurting and ruining the hobby. Asking a high price, compared to selling a card for cheap, is making them a little more valuable which is good for the hobby. Oh the irony.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I got them authenticated by the maker. Anto keeps meticulous records due to the their high profile clientele.
awesome.....
baytowntex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:25 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't have a problem with you thinking this guy is a jerk... think what you want. I think you are full of $#!T here though. There isn't a single card in my collection that I couldn't give up for the right price. Maybe that price is $1,000, maybe its $10,000, maybe its $1,000,000. The point is, there is a price that would sway me to give up any card in my collection, any item in my belonging.

and the same can be said for yorkbag, he's only claiming that his 'crown jewel' cards could never have a sale price on them merely to try and attack the other posters claim that the card he has an issue with is that members crown jewel. Everything has a price, even the biggest cards in all of our collections. If someone is going to blow our minds with an offer we're going to hand it over. And he thinks he's going to give it to his family when he passes?? pffft, give them a month and they'll be selling that collection that was left for them
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
Why does the op care what someone does with something they bought? Is that person obligated to sell at what they paid or less for the good of the hobby?

By your example, if you paid 100.00 for a box an had pulled 1 of the 1/1 badge cards, would you sell it for the 100.00 you paid?

Who are you to say what is or isnt someones crown jewel of their collection?

Don't forget all the other cards you'd get. Boxes are 24 packs at 5 cards per pack, each box yields 120 cards. If you got a good deal on a sealed box at $120 you really only paid $1 per card. Selling a 1/1 badge for $100 would be a tidy profit of 10,000%...
Aldon Smith in his Niner Uniform wearing #99
a900series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:29 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I loled at 'ruin the hobby'. Here I thought companies making fake cards, or not supplying chases they promise were ruining the hobby.
It's ruined his hobby because he didn't buy it before the guy flipping it did.

Please, if anything, this selling for much more makes the hobby stronger because it shows that people are that interested.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a900series View Post
Don't forget all the other cards you'd get. Boxes are 24 packs at 5 cards per pack, each box yields 120 cards. If you got a good deal on a sealed box at $120 you really only paid $1 per card. Selling a 1/1 badge for $100 would be a tidy profit of 10,000%...

Good call

Crap for trade-
Old 04-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #38 (permalink)

I guess the lesson here is, if you win or pull a card, and you try to sell it for more than you paid, or more than what someone may find reasonable, then you are a jerk in the eyes of those that cant afford it.

Crap for trade-
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
I guess the lesson here is, if you win or pull a card, and you try to sell it for more than you paid, or more than what someone may find reasonable, then you are a jerk in the eyes of those that cant afford it.
If I may summarize:

Old 04-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
If I may summarize:
Perhaps better advice would be:
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
Thats a cool swatch. The shirt was made by Anto of Beverly Hills. My best friend is Johnny Cash's granddaughter and I grew up hanging out at his house in Hendersonville. The year before Mr. Cash died, he gave me three of his stage worn shirts for my birthday, and two of them were Anto Beverly Hills shirts. Johnny and June were two of the nicest people I've ever known.

That is really awesome. Sweet story, thanks for sharing.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #42 (permalink)

Jerk alert? They won the auction and paid so let them charge whatever they want. Someone just got sued over an ebay ordeal, maybe this would be another one.
redhusky2531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #43 (permalink)

I don't think this guy is a jerk, but I do think this listing is HILARIOUS! I didn't feel like starting a new thread, and it seemed to fit in with the general bickering in here

Upper Deck Marvel Premier Complete 50 Card Base Set | eBay

So $100/card... yeah that sound reasonable Or is it $20/card except the Wolverine costs $4020?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:13 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I don't think this guy is a jerk, but I do think this listing is HILARIOUS! I didn't feel like starting a new thread, and it seemed to fit in with the general bickering in here

Upper Deck Marvel Premier Complete 50 Card Base Set | eBay

So $100/card... yeah that sound reasonable Or is it $20/card except the Wolverine costs $4020?
But hey man,only 100 sets exists. Or is it /199. Lol. I wouldn't pay that much if the set was all 1/1,and was signed by the Actual Incredible Hulk
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #45 (permalink)

I stopped reading the item description after I hit the words uber hot. Who even says that anymore?
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #46 (permalink)

HA! They actually used my description (guilty for using uber) Upper Deck Marvel Premier Complete 50 Card Base Set 199 Wolverine Rogue Venom | eBay

Mickey, there was a guy trying to purchase 100 of the Wolverine cards which is a big part of why the price on that card is so dang high. If he indeed accomplishes his goal, or even nears it, that greatly diminishes the amount of full sets that can be finished.

Maybe he spent $4k to get that super awsome binder done, as my auction didn't include one.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote