Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
Is nobody else sketched out about there not being any relic list, artist list, signers, etc. before preordering tons of product ?
1) No, I wouldn't be because it's Breygent and they always do an amazing job with their releases.

2) People who order Breygent products sometimes get more solicitation than is posted online. Tom has been posting plenty of sketches on NSU, and I'm sure he'll post the autos, comic cut panel cards, and relics that were solicited to us soon. It's not my place to post anything until he puts it on NSU, but ill say while the costumes I have seen are limited to one character, there are some AWESOME variant possibilities. When you see it you'll understand
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 AM   #27 (permalink)

Anybody know where you can pre-order this product?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Is nobody else sketched out about there not being any relic list, artist list, signers, etc. before preordering tons of product ?
Well, we're still more than a month away from the release date, so I'm not worried, that information will be coming. Now, if I were pre-ordering UD Iron Man 3 I would be worried, we still don't have a complete auto list (or relic list or artist list for that matter) and it releases next week or the week after (unless it's been pushed back and I didn't see it). Unless the weak preliminary list released a month ago was actually the final list. For anyone pre-ordering, I hope not!

Also, Breygent has been posting information about this set each day this week, so I would assume that we will probably see information about the relics today, and the autographs tomorrow (at least I have my fingers crossed about that!).
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #29 (permalink)

I did 30 cards for this set.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

[QUOTE=aggie4ever;4710005]Now, if I were pre-ordering UD Iron Man 3 I would be worried, we still don't have a complete auto list (or relic list or artist list for that matter) and it releases next week or the week after (unless it's been pushed back and I didn't see it). [QUOTE]

I think its April 30... and yes UD is giving out little to no info per usual. Ridiculous! I've heard a lot of collectors saying they expect it to be a big hit just because its the follow-up to Avengers Assemble and I should pre-order because the box price is going to go way up after release, but I'm still not convinced based on the info I've seen.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Spider-Fan;4710111][QUOTE=aggie4ever;4710005]Now, if I were pre-ordering UD Iron Man 3 I would be worried, we still don't have a complete auto list (or relic list or artist list for that matter) and it releases next week or the week after (unless it's been pushed back and I didn't see it).
Quote:

I think its April 30... and yes UD is giving out little to no info per usual. Ridiculous! I've heard a lot of collectors saying they expect it to be a big hit just because its the follow-up to Avengers Assemble and I should pre-order because the box price is going to go way up after release, but I'm still not convinced based on the info I've seen.
The second release they released no info on. It ended up having only 4 autos (with Rourke/Cheadle being the big names), and still ended up being QUITE a hit. You can't find boxes anywhere these days. If this one ends up being anything like that then i'll be more than pleased that I put an order in.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

Yes, IM2 was a hit but the hobby box prices didn't go way up until they became extremely rare and even then they maxed out at about $100, vs AA that was selling at nearly $200 at one point. Anyway, I think I'll be able to get whatever I want at a decent price one or two weeks after release. Although if they confirmed RDJ as a signer I'd probably pre-sale a case.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:42 PM   #33 (permalink)

Well, Ben Kingsley has signed before for Thunderbirds, Don Cheadle can sign again.

Guy Pierce would be a great addition, Rebecca Hall, Paul Bettany would be cool too. I highly doubt UD will pony up the money for RJD, and if Rittenhouse couldn't get Paltrow I don't think UD can. There is def potential for some decent signers, just hoping UD comes through with at least one or two of them. The costume set in the last one actually ended up being a pretty strong seller (it DID have Johannson costumes though) and if they end up doing Armor costume cards like they did in IM2 set that'll be another great seller.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
The second release they released no info on. It ended up having only 4 autos (with Rourke/Cheadle being the big names), and still ended up being QUITE a hit. You can't find boxes anywhere these days. If this one ends up being anything like that then i'll be more than pleased that I put an order in.
UD loaded the IM2 boxes unexpectedly, that's why it was so big.

The quality of this Transformers set looks to be very high, I love what I'm seeing. I hate the movies, but there appears to be enough in addition to that to satisfy. The sketches look great.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #35 (permalink)

I agree with Ted - Not a big fan of the movies. What I'm most interested in as part of the set are the comic panels. I saw some really great individual ones form the UD MB sets and would like a couple really nice cuts for my collections.

As far as IM3 goes - multiple iron man suit costume cards would be enough to get me to go in for a case
Old 04-18-2013, 01:31 PM   #36 (permalink)

I liked the movies and the 80s cartoon.

I'm not sure how far the license extends, but I would have loved to see someone do an Evolution of Optimus sketch set showing all the different versions of Optimus Prime.

I saw someone did a Devestator and Superion sketch. That would be another great subset...all of the different team bots (Devestator, Superion, Bruticus, Computron, Protector, Predaking etc).
Colm Feore, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings

Last edited by Chuck Bartowski; 04-18-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

I did three versions of OP but i'm not a fanboy of TF so I didn't do so well depicting the bots.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #38 (permalink)

will there be dinobot sketches? i must know!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
will there be dinobot sketches? i must know!!!

Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #40 (permalink)

the dinobots were my favorite... not sure i'll be able to avoid this set!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Mbellamy

I had fun working on this set. I'd never drawn any of the Transformers before so I only really know the main characters but I made sure to do as many characters as I could find on the wiki.
Mbellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Anybody know where you can pre-order this product?
SolarFly Cards has had it for pre-order for a few days with a 10 day early bird price of $55.95 (regular price: $58.95). DAcardworld just listed it today for $69.95. The release date on SolarFly's website says 5/29, but DA says 5/8. I don't know where DA got that info from, because I've only seen 5/29 mentioned before. I hope it got pushed up to 5/8. I ordered a box from SolarFly a couple of days ago. I would assume Blowout will have it available for pre-order eventually, but they don't yet.
HaloHawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloHawk87 View Post
SolarFly Cards has had it for pre-order for a few days with a 10 day early bird price of $55.95 (regular price: $58.95). DAcardworld just listed it today for $69.95. The release date on SolarFly's website says 5/29, but DA says 5/8. I don't know where DA got that info from, because I've only seen 5/29 mentioned before. I hope it got pushed up to 5/8. I ordered a box from SolarFly a couple of days ago. I would assume Blowout will have it available for pre-order eventually, but they don't yet.
Tom has posted on NSU that the release is end of May
Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloHawk87 View Post
There are cheaper options than SolarFly if you are looking for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
Tom has posted on NSU that the release is end of May
I believe it is SHIPPING in early May, but the release ins't until the end of the month
Old 04-18-2013, 04:28 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
There are cheaper options than SolarFly if you are looking for some.

I believe it is SHIPPING in early May, but the release ins't until the end of the month
where is cheaper than solar fly ?
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
where is cheaper than solar fly ?
Tom himself.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:00 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Tom himself.
Could be wrong, but I don't think you can order boxes/cases direct from Tom unless you are a dealer/distributor.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Could be wrong, but I don't think you can order boxes/cases direct from Tom unless you are a dealer/distributor.
Unless he changed his business practices, I've sent several people to him who were neither and never had an issue.

However, I don't deal with Tom anymore - so I could be wrong?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Unless he changed his business practices, I've sent several people to him who were neither and never had an issue.

However, I don't deal with Tom anymore - so I could be wrong?
No you might be right, maybe it's that he charges a distributor price and a direct price actually, with the distributor price being better to the larger case orders.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #50 (permalink)

Just got e-mail from Tom.

Transformers is now sold out.