Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanjs14 View Post
Just got e-mail from Tom.

Transformers is now sold out.
Me too!! WOW. I know I had 6 cases, and sold 5 immediately keeping one back for me. Nice to see this!
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #52 (permalink)

I ALMOST upped my order yesterday too, wishing I had now. Still thrilled to have the 12 cases coming though.

Can't wait to find out the rest of the signers
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #53 (permalink)

I just pre-ordred a couple of boxes and a binder. Looks like it will be a cool set. Some of those sketches are amazing!
Danni1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Just got e-mail from Tom.

Transformers is now sold out.
Ahh time to invoice for payment, been about 3-4 months now.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned

check out dacardworlds price now ..... jesus. glad I got in on it early.

edit: solarfly now sold out of individual boxes as well

Last edited by rip+flip; 04-19-2013 at 03:36 PM.
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
check out dacardworlds price now ..... jesus. glad I got in on it early.

edit: solarfly now sold out of individual boxes as well
Smh, that's ridiculous. I was planning on picking up 3 boxes from there. Had around 16 left in stock earlier. They better get a few more up on the site.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #57 (permalink)

So no list of signers or relic/memorabilia?

The sketches alone aren't enough to convince me to order a case.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:10 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Now spanning multiple generations, Transformers is one of the most popular toy franchises of all-time. But as the multiple blockbuster movies and seemingly endless cartoon and comic spinoffs have proven, these robots are so much more. 2013 Breygent Transformers Optimum Collection has been a long time coming, but the end result is the most comprehensive look at the franchise committed to trading cards thus far.

2013 Breygent Transformers Optimum Collection is a joint production with Enterplay. Originally, Enterplay intended to release it (or something like it) around the same time Transformers: Dark of the Moon hit theaters. The never happened. Just when it seemed like it would never come to be, Breygent stepped in like they have done with other lingering licenses in the past and saved it from joining the list of cancelled trading card sets.

The 2013 Breygent Transformers Optimum Collection base set has 72 cards. All three live-action films are included.

The classic Transformers have their own set of inserts. G1 Foil Cards fall 1:4 packs. There are 18 cards in the set, capturing the iconic cartoon looks of Optimus Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, Bumblebee and more. 2013 Breygent Transformers Optimum Collection also has a set of nine Foil Puzzle Cards (1:8 packs).

The release has several types of hits. Sketch cards fall at least one per box. Subjects span the entire Transformers universe, including the films, original cartoon and the recent Transformers Prime. Other hits include Autographs (1:29 packs), Film Relic Memorabilia Cards (1:36 packs) and Comic Panel Cards (1:72 packs).

The hobby-only release is limited to 250 cases of 12 boxes. Each case has 34 total hits, meaning nearly all boxes have three.

Dealer incentives include a tire prop card (three cases) and a master set (12 cases).

Only other thing I've found on this set
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:59 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

So far as I know: Leonard Nimoy, Rachael Taylor, Kevin Dunn, Mark Ryan, Darius McCrary and states "more to come" so no idea who else.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #60 (permalink)

The list cujo just posted is correct, the same signers from the comic con packs but more signers will be announced soon
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

Honestly I think the autos and relics are bonuses. Love the sketches in this product.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
Honestly I think the autos and relics are bonuses. Love the sketches in this product.
Ditto. I sooooo want one of Gary K's sketches! But all are really nice!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:46 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
You've got a point, they do look pretty awesome. I'm just being my usual pessimistic self.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #64 (permalink)

Here are all 25 of my Transformers Sketch Cards I contributed. Hope you guys enjoy!

Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #65 (permalink)
Banned

just noticed that DCW sold out of cases today and their case price was like 800 dollars vs. solarfly 675 case price

looks like bigts still has some cases at 730 but everytime I order stuff from them it reeks of cigg smoke. not sure if he allows employees to smoke in the shipping department or what

btw kezele sketches for this set are absolutely amazing I def. want one if they aren't too expensive

Last edited by rip+flip; 04-28-2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
just noticed that DCW sold out of cases today and their case price was like 800 dollars vs. solarfly 675 case price

looks like bigts still has some cases at 730 but everytime I order stuff from them it reeks of cigg smoke. not sure if he allows employees to smoke in the shipping department or what

btw kezele sketches for this set are absolutely amazing I def. want one if they aren't too expensive
I'm sure they will be back in stock on Monday, they typically only have a handful of cases up at a time, so they don't run into a situation where they sell too many cases because of some new information that would cause prices to jump. Same thing as BO. They may have 100 cases, but only put up 2-5 at a time. That's why they won't run into the problems that Solarfly had on Walking Dead pre-orders.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:

Same with me. I've also been in their store and it smelled like smoke too, not sure why they would allow smoking around their product like that. The smell hasn't made it through to the cards that I could tell but it is a turnoff.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #68 (permalink)

If looking for cases PM me. I have a source that is cheaper than DCW & BigT's prices.

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 04-28-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned

I just saw the case incentives on another site 3 cases gets u a tire prop card 12 cases gets u a complete master set
Old 04-29-2013, 02:17 PM   #70 (permalink)

Looks like this release might be being pushed UP. Hearing it may begin shipping to distributors next week. There still might be a street date in effect, but not 100% sure yet.

9 confirmed signers in the set (with 1 having 2 versions). Mrs. Witwickie the only human addition to the set, with the other signers being voice talent from the films.

3 Case incentive prop card, 12 case incentive master set as rip+flip mentioned.

Costumes are all from soldiers in the film, however there are LOTS of badges and patches on the costumes, so I think we will be seeing some REALLY cool variants.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaloHawk87 View Post
This is a set that I've been waiting for for a long time. I pre-ordered a box from SolarFly Cards. Now I have Game of Thrones Season 2 and Transformers boxes coming in back-to-back weeks at the end of May.
Solarfly seems to be only selling complete sets with some inserts, or by buying the ultimate one and getting one sketch, auto, and relic. Doesnt seem to good to me.
hannahs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #72 (permalink)

I was a big Transformers fan as a kid, so I like the Gen 1 look of many of the sketches. I enjoyed the three movies as well, so the sketches and autographs will be nice.

Does anyone know if the comic panel cards are from the old Marvel comics or the more recent releases?

I have two cases on order. It should be a fun break.
Darth Smittyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Looks like this release might be being pushed UP. Hearing it may begin shipping to distributors next week. There still might be a street date in effect, but not 100% sure yet.

9 confirmed signers in the set (with 1 having 2 versions). Mrs. Witwickie the only human addition to the set, with the other signers being voice talent from the films.
Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving would be cool ones if they got them. I know there were 5 in the SDCC packs, and I'm assuming those 5 are included so there are three other voice actors included.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Old 04-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Peter Cullen and Hugo Weaving would be cool ones if they got them. I know there were 5 in the SDCC packs, and I'm assuming those 5 are included so there are three other voice actors included.
The 5 that were in SDCC, the actress that played Mrs. Witwicky, and 2 other voice actors (one person has two different versions of their autograph card, but not sure which one)

Nimoy is the rarest
Rachel Taylor is second rarest

Last edited by Bryanjs14; 04-29-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
The 5 that were in SDCC, the actress that played Mrs. Witwicky, and 2 other voice actors (one person has two different versions of their autograph card, but not sure which one)

Nimoy is the rarest
Rachel Taylor is second rarest
Regardless of the autos I'm still really excited about this release.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings