Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian Fike
With Warren Martineck hired as the Art Director at Rittenhouse, we see a high level of skill and accomplishment in the cards, but also a distinct lack of experimental unique styles.
Did he get promoted recently? The last time I bothered applying to Rittenhouse I was told (by him) that he just weeded through artists and either gave them advice for applying again or passed them on to Robert the AD. Before anyone says it, I was in the latter group :P If Martineck is now in charge, I'd actually consider another go whereas to date samples for Rittenhouse have proven to be a huge waste of my time.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #102 (permalink)

Yeah Warren is the new acquisition guy like George over at Cryptozoic.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaughtt0 View Post
Are there more vendors that'll post in bulk or do these case breakers do another round? There's still one card I'm waiting to see from the set previews that were posted.
I forgot about Bushkill. They just posted a bunch, and they usually space their pulls out in bursts over a week or so.

Good luck again!

sketchcardsaloon.com
Rian Fike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #104 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Skaughtt0 Send a message via AIM to Skaughtt0

Deadpool & Wolverine by Ragland

Hulk & Deadpool by Fabul

^ Wifey bought those. I was trying to teach her about the "Best Offer" button and she kept telling me, "I can't send an offer that low". Seller approved in 2 minutes... at least she didn't pay the BIN price

I like the Hulk card, but the Wolverine one isn't my style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
I happen to do Sketch covers as well. I have a few being sold by a guy who does sketch OPP's of CGC books. I did 10 books and I believe he sold 4. I'll be doing my Artcast around Noon central time today. Have to finish two sketch covers One batman another is a Marvel cover I'm doing for a friend who was able to get me a stack of variants as I have no comics shop in my little one horse town. The batman is inked just needs colors. I may skip the friends book as I have an Idea for the Wolverine Cover i have. My prices are $75 to 100. I don't ask for more than 100 unless the book has a lot on it artwise.
Let me know when I can send you a Daredevil cover for myself and a Deadpool cover for my wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian Fike View Post
I forgot about Bushkill. They just posted a bunch, and they usually space their pulls out in bursts over a week or so.

Good luck again!
I'm drooling over one of Bushkill's most recent listing at the moment:

Marvel's Greatest Battles Martineck 4 CD Uncut Sketch Puzzle Daredevil 9 D | eBay
Skaughtt0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian Fike View Post

Good luck again!
I think its funny that these guys list so many at once. I guess if you are doing BIN it doesn't really matter but if you are doing auction style like cardbud (which is awesome) then it definitly benefits you to space them out and only do a handful a day. A lot of choices = lower auction prices for the majority of cards, in my opinion.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:34 PM   #106 (permalink)

All things considered, those Martineck 4-card sheets that Bushkill has listed aren't too bad pricewise. Not really my thing, but $400-500 seems pretty good for a 4 card puzzle of that quality.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #107 (permalink)

I think the Hetricks are a real good buy, I wish I had the cash.

Check out this composition!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-BATTL...-/390581230219

Wicked cool.

sketchcardsaloon.com

Last edited by Rian Fike; 04-19-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:

Deadpool & Wolverine by Ragland

Hulk & Deadpool by Fabul

^ Wifey bought those. I was trying to teach her about the "Best Offer" button and she kept telling me, "I can't send an offer that low". Seller approved in 2 minutes... at least she didn't pay the BIN price

I like the Hulk card, but the Wolverine one isn't my style.

Let me know when I can send you a Daredevil cover for myself and a Deadpool cover for my wife

I'm drooling over one of Bushkill's most recent listing at the moment:

Marvel's Greatest Battles Martineck 4 CD Uncut Sketch Puzzle Daredevil 9 D | eBay
I have one Daredevil cover left and no Deadpools. The DD cover is the older version with just the logo at top and lottsa space to draw.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #109 (permalink)

I sent out a request to RA to give me one or two of those uncut double, double cards as my AP(s). Can't hurt to ask. Looks like I may be one of few who did over 100 of the MGB cards.
I was going to artcast but the cable guy is supposed to be here soon and wasn't sure if he'd need me or what. Downgrading the cable tv to no cable tv. Switching to Netflix. I don't watch tv except a few shows here and there and news so no loss to me.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Are there more vendors that'll post in bulk or do these case breakers do another round? There's still one card I'm waiting to see from the set previews that were posted.
Big batch just posted by newpotato2 tonight, they pulled an Adam Cline.

sketchcardsaloon.com
Old 04-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #111 (permalink)

In case you think you can do better:

Marvel Greatest Battles Sketch Card | eBay
Old 04-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #112 (permalink)

I thought Jovenal Mendoza's entry into sketch cards as an artist on UD MB3 was decent... not sure what happened for this set

Old 04-20-2013, 12:19 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post

That's not an AP. Someone got ahold of a blank.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:22 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I thought Jovenal Mendoza's entry into sketch cards as an artist on UD MB3 was decent... not sure what happened for this set

Jovenal was an animator so it may take him a while to get that action thing going plus this format was a buzzkill and creative dampener. Still I managed to walk up to the line a few times.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:

I just sent the seller a warning about being sued if RA catches him.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:46 AM   #116 (permalink)

Well, I finally caved like you knew I would, but I feel like getting these both for $165 wasn't a bad deal (cheaper than buying 2 boxes )

Old 04-20-2013, 03:55 AM   #117 (permalink)

Nice Calzada! Great pickups.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #118 (permalink)

Wow monkey yea you got some sweet pieces there!
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:03 AM   #119 (permalink)

Thanks guys--I'll be sure to give them a proper scan once they arrive. I imagine they look a little nicer than the photos indicate. Being a little familiar with Puis Calzada's work from previous cards I had of his, I know those chain links should be shaded really nicely.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #120 (permalink)
Cat

I wasn't going to buy any boxes or sketches from this set as I'm not the biggest fan of puzzle sketches. I've been really impressed with what I've seen available on ebay though and ended up getting these:

By Jake Sumbing

By Jomar Bulda

Quote:
Bulda is one of those guys that I am surprised to see priced so low. His talents have definitely improved over the past couple years and I think his cards are good pick-ups in the $75-$90 range, for sure.
I was wondering the same thing about his prices being so low...I guess it's a good thing for me seeing as I collect his cards, but still surprising they don't go for more.
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I finally caved like you knew I would
I thought this one had your name all over it

I picked up just one so far. I don't often see a Carnage that I really like so I picked this one up with little hesitation. Othewise... I have about a dozen on my watch list while I decide which one or two of them I might want to snag. Trying to pick which Spider-Man v Venom I want to go with.

Last edited by Spider-Fan; 04-20-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #122 (permalink)

Another interesting observation - The set has been out for 3 days now and there are only 3 small breaks posted over at Scoundrel? Obviously the big breakers don't post breaks there - but plenty of case buying collectors and smaller dealers do. I suppose we'll see some stuff added since people have time to bust their boxes this weekend, but there was a good deal of stuff up by now for the MBA release.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought this one had your name all over it

I picked up just one so far. I don't often see a Carnage that I really like so I picked this one up with little hesitation. Othewise... I have about a dozen on my watch list while I decide which one or two of them I might want to snag. Trying to pick which Spider-Man v Venom I want to go with.
That GR is in my watch list, but I wanted to get a couple showing an actual fight going on.

I really like that one you got--very nice pickup

Quote:
Another interesting observation - The set has been out for 3 days now and there are only 3 small breaks posted over at Scoundrel? Obviously the big breakers don't post breaks there - but plenty of case buying collectors and smaller dealers do. I suppose we'll see some stuff added since people have time to bust their boxes this weekend, but there was a good deal of stuff up by now for the MBA release.
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this for sure. It's been very interesting seeing how down some of the big buyers on Scoundrel are about it to the point they are reevaluating how they are buying cards in general.

I don't think it's that bad, but I'm sure not seeing the singles fly off the shelves is discouraging to people who break just to sell or want to sell if it isn't a PC sketch.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Doesn't seem to be much interest in this for sure. It's been very interesting seeing how down some of the big buyers on Scoundrel are about it to the point they are reevaluating how they are buying cards in general.

I don't think it's that bad, but I'm sure not seeing the singles fly off the shelves is discouraging to people who break just to sell or want to sell if it isn't a PC sketch.
Well 'only4auction' Jeff has been pretty displeased with dealing for a while now, losing pretty big on the last couple sets I think. Getting cut out of Bombshells and Spellcasters (considered easy money, I'm sure) is probably playing more of a roll than this particular set. Its kinda funny though... before the set officially released it seemed like 'Marvel Masters' Yuriy was trying to get more cases. Not sure if he was really excited about something in particular that was working for his wallet or if it was just some hype to draw more interest to the set?

Thanks. I missed out on a Bulda Carnage MB3 sketch that I thought was really good so I'm glad I was able to get this one. Carnage is one of my favorite villains and you just don't see a lot of great sketches of him. I think he suits Bulda's style very well. I'm torn if I want to pick up a Bulda Spider-Man v Venom or if I want to mix it up with another artist. Magno has a couple that I dig priced as low as anything available and for not much more than a Bulda I can pick up Cover's, which is excellent. Oh the tough decisions.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #125 (permalink)

Hey guys, sorry this may seem like a stupid question, but would any of you know where I could find a case to display these new 2-card puzzles? I bought one by William Reyes and I don't want to put the cards in separate holders so I was wondering if there is anything out there that will allow me to display the cards as one piece. Thanks guys and I am digging the cards everyone is picking up!!
sketchcardn00b is offline   Reply With Quote