Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Blank auto cards?

Been seeing these lately. Little worried as I was going to try and pick up an auto of her and some of the other female actors in some shows and movies one day when I get some more cash. I saw another inkworks like this, but I can't remember who the other actress was. Is there anyway to tell if people start faking these. I don't understand how companies sell off blank autograph cards!

EDIT: Here is the link to what I am talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GHOST-WHISPE...item20d28003c6

Last edited by Lockdown32; 05-06-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Lockdown32 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:39 AM   #2 (permalink)

With that particular card, you can easily just stay away from any signed version as Inkworks never released a G.W. set before they went out of business in 2009. Also, the cards that have shown up featured the auto on a large Inkworks sticker, not on-card.

Last edited by Igman7; 05-06-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Inkworks never released this set so you shouldnt find any with autographs on them unless they were signed after the fact. the only licensed autograph trading cards for GW are from Breygent trading card company. hopefully Breygent has not let any blank cards out but i dont know about that one. i dont know why these companies would do that like cryptozoic supposeably letting those blank Norman Reedus autograph's cards out

Last edited by baytowntex; 05-06-2013 at 05:46 PM.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys! I didn't think I had ever seen one of those autographed so them not being released would make sense. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
With that particular card, you can easily just stay away from any signed version as Inkworks never released a G.W. set before they went out of business in 2009. Also, the cards that have shown up featured the auto on a large Inkworks sticker, not on-card.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
Inkworks never released this set so you shouldnt find any with autographs on them unless they were signed after the fact. the only licensed autograph trading cards for GW are from Breygent trading card company. hopefully Breygent has not let any blank cards out but i dont know about that one. i dont know why these companies would do that like cryptozoic supposeably letting those blank Norman Reedus autograph's cards out
Old 05-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think that a lot of the inkworks sealed "vault" cards are suspect at best. The best example is the difference between the redemption autos from Ashley Scott on Jericho. Authentic ones are spelled "Ashly", while the ones with the sticker seal are usually spelled "Ashley" in a different handwriting.
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelan1 View Post
I think that a lot of the inkworks sealed "vault" cards are suspect at best. The best example is the difference between the redemption autos from Ashley Scott on Jericho. Authentic ones are spelled "Ashly", while the ones with the sticker seal are usually spelled "Ashley" in a different handwriting.
Personally I haven't had concerns with the cards from the Ink Vault products. The Scott autographs were confirmed to be pack pulled in both variations.