Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyboy View Post
Some PMG green sold in the bay are unexpected low, Has this product already cooled down??
If you go by how many posts there have been about the product in the last 5 days.....yes.
Goldenavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenavenger View Post
If you go by how many posts there have been about the product in the last 5 days.....yes.
too funny

I think a lot of the people left are *hoping* price cool down a bit. I guess it is really on the sellers, how bad they want to let stuff go. Personally, I'm a little hesitant to even list some stuff wondering about possible SP autos.

Also, I think its crazy how low many of the 1:40/1:60/1:80 inserts are selling for. One in 80 is lower odds than red or blue PMG, but these cards are selling for $5! I'd rather keep it in my PC. Tells you the impact of serial numbering...
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #328 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
too funny

I think a lot of the people left are *hoping* price cool down a bit. I guess it is really on the sellers, how bad they want to let stuff go. Personally, I'm a little hesitant to even list some stuff wondering about possible SP autos.

Also, I think its crazy how low many of the 1:40/1:60/1:80 inserts are selling for. One in 80 is lower odds than red or blue PMG, but these cards are selling for $5! I'd rather keep it in my PC. Tells you the impact of serial numbering...
Yeah, I agree. I pulled a hologram card and am going to keep it rather than take $20-25. I think the holograms would be selling for a lot more if they made more than just 3 different holograms and if they made some of them SSP.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #329 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirem13 View Post
Yeah, I agree. I pulled a hologram card and am going to keep it rather than take $20-25. I think the holograms would be selling for a lot more if they made more than just 3 different holograms and if they made some of them SSP.
hehe... I do plan on picking up the other 2 holos I need for $20-$25 But fully agree I was very surprised to see the going rate on those, and they are about the best of the lot. Power Blast (also 1:80) is selling for way less. I pulled 3 PMG reds and 2 PMG blues in 3 boxes, only pulled 1 holo and 1 powerblast... And I think the PMGs look better on the computer screen than they do in hand.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #330 (permalink)

Quote:
hehe... I do plan on picking up the other 2 holos I need for $20-$25 But fully agree I was very surprised to see the going rate on those, and they are about the best of the lot. Power Blast (also 1:80) is selling for way less. I pulled 3 PMG reds and 2 PMG blues in 3 boxes, only pulled 1 holo and 1 powerblast... And I think the PMGs look better on the computer screen than they do in hand.
Yep, completely agree. Maybe next release they can make hologram PMG's. Now I would chase those.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 AM   #331 (permalink)

Quote:
According to UD, the cost of making holograms are much more than those PMG, so that should reflected by their bay price in some day.
jellyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:04 AM   #332 (permalink)

I'm into a case of this at $1500, should I bust it or sit on it? Sell case or by the box? I keep going back and fourth. Ugh.
KingMob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
I'm into a case of this at $1500, should I bust it or sit on it? Sell case or by the box? I keep going back and fourth. Ugh.
Sit on it.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #334 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Sit on it.
I'm thinking at this point I might as well, but who knows. haha
Old 09-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #335 (permalink)

Quote:
According to UD, the cost of making holograms are much more than those PMG, so that should reflected by their bay price in some day.
Since when do manufacturing costs get factored in? If holos are placed in packs at a rate of 1:80 packs, and the packs cost $10 each, the idea that I can buy a holo for $25 is absolutely mind blowing to me. Whether it cost UD $0.02 or $0.04 to manufacture is really irrelevant to me.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #336 (permalink)

all of a sudden my singles are selling like nuts.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Some of those Impel autograph SPs have taken a real dump.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #338 (permalink)

Quote:
A blue PMG Sold for $220+. Unreal! Sketches are really selling well now as well as all the smaller inserts.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:33 PM   #339 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMob View Post
Some of those Impel autograph SPs have taken a real dump.
I got $55 for one the other day. Just have to stay firm as a seller and don't get weak.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #340 (permalink)

Quote:
I got $55 for one the other day. Just have to stay firm as a seller and don't get weak.
I pondered buying up those auto'd Caselli Impels at BIN 20 and below but I passed.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #341 (permalink)

Any one have extra inserts they want to sell me? I'm needing some to complete my set. I won't post them here but I did post them on the B/S/T forum. Please PM if you can help me.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:58 AM   #342 (permalink)

3 green PMG's have sold in the last few days...

Human Torch - $190.50
Scarlet Witch - $212.50
She-Hulk - $167.50

I was a little surprised with those prices but..

I personally think things have cooled down a little. Not to say there aren't collectors still looking for certain cards and there are some collectors willing to spend a small stack on money for certain cards but I think it's cooled down a little overall. It's normal in non-sports, typically you see it a month or two after launch, especially if another Marvel set is released soon after. With 2 Marvel sets coming out this month there will be many collectors looking to focus their time and money on the new set as well.

Last edited by Goldenavenger; 10-01-2013 at 07:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:07 AM   #343 (permalink)

Thanks for the heads up. Those are some rough sales if the seller was trying to make money. I picked up the holos I needed over the weekend for $17 and $20, then I saw the next ones on my watch list end for like $5 less each. A good time to be a buyer. Curious if we'll see a big rise in value down the road like Marvel Premier appears to have?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:37 AM   #344 (permalink)

What part of Premier is rising in value? Sketches or other chase cards? I've seen ending prices on ebay for the sketch cards and there's not much that's impressing me there in terms of final $$ amount.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #345 (permalink)

Prices have definitely been soft over the past few weeks, with prices slowly coming down. I think it's clear there were 2 or 3 people going after the green PMG set, and they were willing to pay big bucks for the cards they needed. For the cards they no longer need, no one else seems to be willing to pay anywhere near the same prices, and they are selling for 50% lower.

This looks like a good time to be a buyer, since too many sellers are hurting themselves by selling everything at auction starting at $0.99. And I think a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon late, and those rip+flippers have added a lot to the current supply on ebay.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #346 (permalink)

It's really interesting to watch auctions vs. BIN when it comes to something like this. My BIN's have still been rather strong, even with my inserts.
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #347 (permalink)

Quote:
Production costs have no impact on secondary market value.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #348 (permalink)

I should probably just open the other 5 boxes I have
Old 10-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #349 (permalink)

Quote:
What part of Premier is rising in value? Sketches or other chase cards? I've seen ending prices on ebay for the sketch cards and there's not much that's impressing me there in terms of final $$ amount.
There have been strong sales, oh and boxes are selling for this: 2012 Upper Deck Marvel Premier Hobby Box with Six Cards | eBay

There are so many idiot sellers lately in cards and comics. Despite everyone thinking sniper tools are used all the time, these people end auctions at terrible times and suffer for it. I see it time and time again.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #350 (permalink)

Quote:
Quality base sketches, specifically. I've been turning down private offers for triple what I paid for my singles. When the product was fresh everybody was fighting over hinged sketches, and base sketches were slipping through the cracks. As Cujo pointed out, sealed boxes are also selling really well.

For Retro, I'm more curious whether the regular inserts (1:40, 1:80, etc.) that are selling $5-$15 currently, will spike down the road? Seem to be a decent number of collectors trying to assemble mini master sets due to the crazy low prices on these. Eventually they will dry up though, and many will not have finished their collections...