Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Chuck Bartowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
Is there a registration deadline on this? I'd like to get in on it if possible too! lol
Cards are due at the end of the month.
__________________
Needed to complete my AA costume card set:
AS-7, AD-6, AD-14, AT-5
Needed to complete my AA autograph set:
Colm Feore, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
Cards are due at the end of the month.
This is great news. Thank you for the reply!

Do they need to be post marked by end of month? Or arrive in hand by then?

I am definitely going to start tonight!
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
How many participants are there currently? I've made 14 "base" cards but I'd like to make sure everybody gets at least one and now I've got everything set up to make more so I'd like to push to get more made if there's time enough so that everyone can enjoy one unique card.

Thanks for putting this together! Great idea!
around a dozen so far...a lot more are in the mail now. Id say there will be at least 20 participants
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
I have 7 made up...will try to get at least 3 more down by Monday, and get them out then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
Is there a registration deadline on this? I'd like to get in on it if possible too! lol
By the end of the month!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
Cards are due at the end of the month.
Yes thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
This is great news. Thank you for the reply!

Do they need to be post marked by end of month? Or arrive in hand by then?

I am definitely going to start tonight!
Ship them ASAP...I will wait a day or two if I have too.
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 982
Default

Blah. Just went searching through my cards for decoys and was almost excited to see my box of prestige 2010-11 rak paks. Surely I thought I had hit the jackpot.

Then I opened it and found none in it. Then I remembered it was one of the first basketball card boxes I had ever opened and so I figured decoys were the card companies way of making fun of me so I threw them away. Shame, I wish I had them now lol.

Anyone have experience with blank artists cards? Are they about the same thing? Can't find many decoys (musta threw them away in rage lol) and thinking abt just getting a pack of those somewhere at an arts craft store.
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
Blah. Just went searching through my cards for decoys and was almost excited to see my box of prestige 2010-11 rak paks. Surely I thought I had hit the jackpot.

Then I opened it and found none in it. Then I remembered it was one of the first basketball card boxes I had ever opened and so I figured decoys were the card companies way of making fun of me so I threw them away. Shame, I wish I had them now lol.

Anyone have experience with blank artists cards? Are they about the same thing? Can't find many decoys (musta threw them away in rage lol) and thinking abt just getting a pack of those somewhere at an arts craft store.
Use blank paper and stick them in top loaders....a handful of people are doing this. its NP
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
Anyone have experience with blank artists cards? Are they about the same thing? Can't find many decoys (musta threw them away in rage lol) and thinking abt just getting a pack of those somewhere at an arts craft store.
I didn't have any decoys either. I used mat board and mixed media paper. Both are available at any arts and crafts store. The mixed media paper is about 1/3 the thickness of a typical (50-70pt) relic card, so if you use a a solid back piece, a big cut out middle piece, and a smaller cut out front piece all glued together it makes a pretty damn good relic card.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #57 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
doobypenguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 7,531
Default

i just go to my lcs and ask if they have any extras.. they just hand me stacks
__________________
Collecting Chicago Bulls/Chicago Bears/Tennis! Cassandra Lynn (Bless Her Soul)/Angela Fong Supercollector!
doobypenguin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I didn't have any decoys either. I used mat board and mixed media paper. Both are available at any arts and crafts store. The mixed media paper is about 1/3 the thickness of a typical (50-70pt) relic card, so if you use a a solid back piece, a big cut out middle piece, and a smaller cut out front piece all glued together it makes a pretty damn good relic card.
That did work perfectly for ya....good advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by doobypenguin View Post
i just go to my lcs and ask if they have any extras.. they just hand me stacks
Thats a great idea. Im sure you are doing them a favor taking them.
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,659
Default

My twenty are done and packaged up for shipping tomorrow AM! Will PM you tracking # tomorrow.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
My twenty are done and packaged up for shipping tomorrow AM! Will PM you tracking # tomorrow.
sounds good....one week!
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 151
Default

Wow! 20. I will probaby only get 7 or 10 done.
thuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuy View Post
Wow! 20. I will probaby only get 7 or 10 done.
Thats fine! Anything is great!
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 982
Default

Drew 7 sketch cards, and my sis contributed 3 sketch cards too!
Hope people like em, I'm ready to send, going to send u a PM now for addy!
I hope the people that end up receiving the anime sketches at least watch anime lol
hellojeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,155
Default

Wish I had started on this earlier. But this weekend I did 4 sketches and 1 cut signature card that I'm ready to send off. Thanks!
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellojeffy View Post
Drew 7 sketch cards, and my sis contributed 3 sketch cards too!
Hope people like em, I'm ready to send, going to send u a PM now for addy!
I hope the people that end up receiving the anime sketches at least watch anime lol
sounds good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Wish I had started on this earlier. But this weekend I did 4 sketches and 1 cut signature card that I'm ready to send off. Thanks!
Great! PM coming
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,155
Default

Here's a preview of a couple of the sketch cards I did, plus the cut signature card:





It was fun trying to do some sketch cards, but I can safely say noone will be paying me to do any for them. Hopefully they are recognizable though.

I like Robert Teranishi's Star Wars sketch cards, so tried to do one like him.

On the Walter Payton autograph, this photo was included with a signed football I bought 2 or 3 years ago, but the signature was too faded from being in direct sunlight for me to sell on ebay. It's been sitting in my apartment for a couple of years, since I couldn't just throw out a real Walter Payton autograph! So I finally get to do something with it.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

sounds great and looks great! Just make sure ur BO name is on those!
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
It was fun trying to do some sketch cards, but I can safely say noone will be paying me to do any for them. Hopefully they are recognizable though.
When everybody posts their bounty, the sketch card artists on this board will...
...have a good laugh
...realize how secure their jobs are
...understand why we are so impressed by their work
...raise their commission rates
...go on a tirade the next time somebody complains about one of those monkey sketches
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
Chuck Bartowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 844
Default

I drew Pacman as one of my sketches, and still wrote Pacman on it so it would be recognized
__________________
Needed to complete my AA costume card set:
AS-7, AD-6, AD-14, AT-5
Needed to complete my AA autograph set:
Colm Feore, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
I drew Pacman as one of my sketches, and still wrote Pacman on it so it would be recognized
Thankfully, I was not drinking milk when I read this
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Last call! PM Me ASAP if you still have interest.
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:18 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: In a warehouse of common sense
Posts: 2,538
Default

If this gets done again, somebody hit me up. I did sketch card submissions for the Topps promo a couple years back, I think it was. I might do 3 to 5 sketches again for something like this.
__________________
Football cards: In before Panini destroyed the hobby.
nabzy28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:20 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
If this gets done again, somebody hit me up. I did sketch card submissions for the Topps promo a couple years back, I think it was. I might do 3 to 5 sketches again for something like this.
PM sent bud
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 151
Default

So sorry everyone. I had some things come up and could not get mine done in time.
thuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
stripedbass91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 6,577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuy View Post
So sorry everyone. I had some things come up and could not get mine done in time.
no worries bud.....if I can get them in by the end of this week then that isnt a problem....PM me if you plan on doing so.
__________________
http://photobucket.com/stripedbass91cards
J! E! T! S! JETS! JETS! JETS!
PC- Memorabilia
stripedbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.