Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 08:53 AM   #51 (permalink)

Haha.

Nevermind. Just nevermind.

Last edited by jadams; 06-08-2013 at 08:57 AM.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 AM   #52 (permalink)

I like Mary's art. That's why I bought all 15 of her WDC2 AP's
Still making payments on those though
But expect something awesome in a month or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
That kinda sucks actually. Even DirecTV gives you something when you refer a friend! In the business world, headhunters/recruiters always get something when the person they represent gets hired for the job.

Ehhhh... I haven't worked with Mashi before, but her cards are very popular so a $100 price tag doesn't surprise me. She has been doing sketch cards for a while and has a decent following. I remember some of her Marvel cards selling for prices that really surprised me. Like Marvel, Walking Dead is one of those 'premium' licenses these days, so she might even be asking a little more for those compared to other products. Personally, I would not spend that amount on one of her cards. If you like that style, you may want to consider Mary Bellamy. Walking Dead ATC set by *MaryBellamy on deviantART. I have commissioned her several times and have always been extremely happy with the service, price, and turnaround time. Added benefit, she recently joined this forum
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #53 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Skaughtt0 Send a message via AIM to Skaughtt0

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
Seems like an art agent with a stable of Overseas artists has pimped them out to the big comics licensed card companies for like a dollar a card. This may explain why some of us have been dropped by these companies. I'd say it's Upperdeck and Cryptozoic but I don't know but there has been some crap art on the last few sets by these companies. Wonder who this art agent could be?
It felt kinda shady when Nestor Celario(Non-US Artist) said that companies were paying him via PayPal and he was paying the fees. They can mail cards back and forth, but can't cut a company check? Have you guys ever compared US vs Non-US paychecks? I enjoy seeing artwork from other countries included in the sets, but it's pretty lame that good US artists are getting excluded from products. Maybe they are trying to tell you your work is too good for sketch cards now? Hopefully companies learn that quality sells better than quantity. I'd consider buying boxes if I didn't feel like I was going to get burned with a lackluster sketch.

The Upper Deck company has a poor reputation in the football forum. They lost their NFL license a while back for not paying players and some other misdeeds, so I'm not surprised they are trying to pay bottom dollar for work.

Jake Mackessy is a pain to deal with. I've tried to contact him a couple times to get something from Albert Morales, but nothing has materialized. His artists would be better off representing themselves for personal commissions.
Skaughtt0 is offline   Reply With Quote