Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 09:24 PM   #426 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
chicks in their underwear firing machine guns... what's not to love?

hmmm... bet i'm gonna get called a PIG again
If you could only have one half of that illo, which would it be?
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #427 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Seems like none of the artists wanted to be outdone and the collectors are the happy beneficiaries
I'm hoping/thinking that's the case too!

If I ever get the chance to do sketch cards again, maybe I'll have a little more time to experiment with paints like oils or acrylics. I think I might've been part of the last round to be asked to participate and knocking out 100 cards in about 3 weeks (plus my regular job) has been brutal. After I mail the cards to Topps this week, I'm going to sleep....finally.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration

Last edited by JRCrosby; 09-01-2013 at 10:01 PM.
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #428 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,066
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
I'll admit I wasn't expecting Horley's sketches to be this good...



My god, those are beautiful.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:43 PM   #429 (permalink)
Member
 
pinhead767's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 576
Default

I second that emotion.
__________________
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:56 PM   #430 (permalink)
Member
 
Carrbeaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,021
Default

As big as this thread is, by the time this stuff releases it should be hot.. that or it's a barn-fire and it goes down in those flames.
__________________
If you ask me what is the least I will take, then I am going to respond with, "What is the most you are willing to pay?"
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #431 (permalink)
Member
 
MarsAttacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 202
Default

Good grief, I need to find out more about this Horley person......
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #432 (permalink)
Member
 
ekalbnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand (but have a USA shipping address)
Posts: 1,980
Default

There has been some amazing sketches shown throughout.

When I first started looking through this thread I was thinking about picking up a box. Now I am looking at pre-ordering me a case in the next week or two.
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:21 AM   #433 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekalbnz View Post
There has been some amazing sketches shown throughout.

When I first started looking through this thread I was thinking about picking up a box. Now I am looking at pre-ordering me a case in the next week or two.
That's gratifying to hear! I also suggest you check our Facebook gallery of sketches, which will give you a better sense of the overall quality of the sketches than me just posting the best ones here. I am posting batches from every artist who is sending them in, so it will give you a more honest look at what to expect.

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm-- because we really did work hard to make the sketches in this set better-- but above all I don't want to see anyone disappointed!

That said, here's another gem from Alex Horley:



Keep in mind too, there will be more than just great sketches to hunt down this time around.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #434 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,272
Default

I see the stuff on Facebook and the quality of everything you've shown has blown me away. There's a small percentage of the cards I'm not crazy about, but I haven't seen anything I would be disappointed with getting.
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #435 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 426
Default

Absolutely LOVE that last Horley. Definitely my favorite I've seen.
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #436 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 426
Default

My latsest 4-card puzzle: "Face Off"

__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #437 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,272
Default

Jason: You're killing it

Hope you get picked up for some other products after this one
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #438 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Jason: You're killing it

Hope you get picked up for some other products after this one
'Preciate it!
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #439 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Jason: You're killing it

Hope you get picked up for some other products after this one
I will definitely be recommending him for whatever our next SW set is (at the pace Topps is going there will be another one within a matter of days!)
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #440 (permalink)
Member
 
ekalbnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Zealand (but have a USA shipping address)
Posts: 1,980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
That's gratifying to hear! I also suggest you check our Facebook gallery of sketches, which will give you a better sense of the overall quality of the sketches than me just posting the best ones here. I am posting batches from every artist who is sending them in, so it will give you a more honest look at what to expect.

Not trying to dampen your enthusiasm-- because we really did work hard to make the sketches in this set better-- but above all I don't want to see anyone disappointed!

That said, here's another gem from Alex Horley:



Keep in mind too, there will be more than just great sketches to hunt down this time around.

I will check out the facebook page also, but looking at the work being posted here there is so many I love, I would be happy to pull any of them!

I will say though, it makes a change me liking Topps products. As an NFL collector also, I have been very turned off by the NFL products.
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #441 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,413
Default

If this set does really well, Topps is gonna make Alvin 'Employee of the Month"
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #442 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
If this set does really well, Topps is gonna make Alvin 'Employee of the Month"
Honestly? I'll be very if it got rave reviews from fans! I know it won't please everyone, but I hope the general consensus is a positive one.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #443 (permalink)
Member
 
MarsAttacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 202
Default

So how often is there going to be a four sketch pack?
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #444 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
So how often is there going to be a four sketch pack?
The original plan was a flat number: 50 packs. We started worrying we wouldn't have enough artists doing them, so we asked as many as we could if they could try. Eventually, we started to see a lot of artists doing 4-ups, so it's possible there will be *more*, so I don't want to place odds on it just yet.

So at first we thought there wouldn't be enough, now it looks like there may be more... funny how things work out.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #445 (permalink)
Member
 
MarsAttacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 202
Default

So just hypothetical here as I know Topps doesn't release production. But if there are 5000 cases, that is 960,000 packs. So 50 out of those near 1 million, or 1 in 20,000 packs will be a loaded pack with a four card sketch?
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #446 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
So just hypothetical here as I know Topps doesn't release production. But if there are 5000 cases, that is 960,000 packs. So 50 out of those near 1 million, or 1 in 20,000 packs will be a loaded pack with a four card sketch?
Again, I don't want to nail down a number, but it will be at least 50. I suppose if we have enough sketches I would certainly advocate doing more packs with 4 sketch cards, even if they're not a puzzle.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #447 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Again, I don't want to nail down a number, but it will be at least 50. I suppose if we have enough sketches I would certainly advocate doing more packs with 4 sketch cards, even if they're not a puzzle.
I will have completed six or seven 4-card puzzles and one 6-card puzzle which I'm painting now. The rest of the cards are mostly singles with about four 2-card puzzles.

The puzzles are more time consuming to draw and paint, but for me, they're much easier. I'm comfortable and like to draw large, detailed pieces so the puzzles make me happy!
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #448 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCrosby View Post
I will have completed six or seven 4-card puzzles and one 6-card puzzle which I'm painting now. The rest of the cards are mostly singles with about four 2-card puzzles.

The puzzles are more time consuming to draw and paint, but for me, they're much easier. I'm comfortable and like to draw large, detailed pieces so the puzzles make me happy!
WOW! I hope you did enough singles to make people happy!
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:52 PM   #449 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
WOW! I hope you did enough singles to make people happy!
Out my my 100, only 30 will be made up of the 4-card and one 6-card puzzle. Hopefully the buyers be happy with a chance for 70 singles!!! Besides, I think most of the puzzles are pictured in this thread!!!
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:41 PM   #450 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
So just hypothetical here as I know Topps doesn't release production. But if there are 5000 cases, that is 960,000 packs. So 50 out of those near 1 million, or 1 in 20,000 packs will be a loaded pack with a four card sketch?
5,000 cases!? how did you come up with that number? It was said that there was going to be a smaller run than Heritage? considering there were 50 each of 55 Gold Cards=2,750 Gold cards at 2 per case would be 1,375 Hobby cases?
Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Not sure how many retail boxes were made? My understanding there is not going to be any retail with Invasion.
patzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.