Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #526 (permalink)
Member
 
ChrisM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Some great names there (not sure about that Ted Dastick Jr. character, though)

Edit: Are these comic sketch covers rather than cards?

Last edited by ChrisM; 09-10-2013 at 06:25 PM.
ChrisM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #527 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
Some great names there (not sure about that Ted Dastick Jr. character, though)

Edit: Are these comic sketch covers rather than cards?
These will indeed be sketch covers, but no comic attached: so it will, in effect, be giant sketch cards, but with a Mars Attacks logo at the top. I'll post a copy of our front/back design tomorrow so you can see for yourself.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #528 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,553
Default

Wait? Does this mean I can't get free sketches at the booth unless I win a contest? Poop! I was totally prepared to stand on line for 3 days.

Do I get to pick? I already have covers by Chris Hamer and Jeff Zapata. Looking for a Dastick and a Crosby. I can probably pull a Dastick out of the trash (ouch!), but I think I'll have to win to walk away with a Crosby.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:28 PM   #529 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Wait? Does this mean I can't get free sketches at the booth unless I win a contest? Poop! I was totally prepared to stand on line for 3 days.

Do I get to pick? I already have covers by Chris Hamer and Jeff Zapata. Looking for a Dastick and a Crosby. I can probably pull a Dastick out of the trash (ouch!), but I think I'll have to win to walk away with a Crosby.
Yes. Raffles every hour. It's the only way we could do it because they wouldn't let us do cards, which meant covers. But if an artist spends a half hour to an hour on a cover, it's not fair to make it first come first served. People would be waiting on line for hours.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #530 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

In addition to the names listed, it looks like a few artists who will NOT be in attendance will be doing them off-site and we'll give them away at the show.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #531 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I can probably pull a Dastick out of the trash (ouch!)
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:01 PM   #532 (permalink)
Member
 
ChrisM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
In addition to the names listed, it looks like a few artists who will NOT be in attendance will be doing them off-site and we'll give them away at the show.
Neato.

By the way, who did the Stan Lee promo card?
ChrisM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #533 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism View Post
neato.

By the way, who did the stan lee promo card?
who??? Joe freaking jusko!!!
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #534 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Ted Dastick Jr. NYCC limited edition "Oscar the Grouch" prints. Signed and numbered to 50. Just $19.99!

On an unrelated note, did you guys know that spreading rumors is illegal in China? Yeah... Jail time! Just for posting rumors on the internet. Crazy.!
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:38 PM   #535 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
In addition to the names listed, it looks like a few artists who will NOT be in attendance will be doing them off-site and we'll give them away at the show.
I'm in the DC area, so I may be able to go to the New York con. I have a ton of friends and industry associates who will be there, so let me know if you need a hand at the table doing sketches. I never usually do con sketches, but for Topps and Mars Attacks, I'll gladly make an exception.

By the way, my cards are done, and all are in color. I shipped them yesterday and they arrived at Topps earlier today.

Whew!
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #536 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #537 (permalink)
Member
 
monkeymcgee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 7,280
Default

Nice Katie Cook
__________________
Collecting: money in the bank for some projects around the house | hope to be back picking up sketches in 2015
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #538 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Nice Katie Cook
She did a VERY small number, and I hand delivered the blanks to her at SDCC.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #539 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 67
Default

Hey guys, all of my mars attacks cards have been approved to share/post. Here are the 53 cards that I have done. And also the 6 returns. 3 will be blank when I get them back. I have 4 returns available to reserve. Let me know if interested.

p.s. I also have a sketch card sale going on right now. $25 full color. limited slots available.




Last edited by TimProctor; 09-12-2013 at 06:11 PM.
TimProctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #540 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 118
Default

Nice cards!

By the way to no one in particular, I didn't realize the New York con was already sold out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Looks like I won't be going after all.

Dang, this "sold out con" stuff is getting contagious. First San Diego, now New York! Who'd a thunk it?
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 03:33 AM   #541 (permalink)
Member
 
Hellfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaheras View Post
Dang, this "sold out con" stuff is getting contagious. First San Diego, now New York! Who'd a thunk it?
I predict the next BIG con in the years to come will be Nashville. We have a huge state of the art convention center that just opened a few months ago, and Nashville is centrally located enough to make it easily accessible for all of middle America......I'm just sayin'..Nashville is badass!! I just hope the Martians don't attack Nashville before we get a chance to prove our worthiness.
__________________
"Principles only mean something if you stand beside them when it's inconvenient"
Hellfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #542 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,171
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I predict the next BIG con in the years to come will be Nashville. We have a huge state of the art convention center that just opened a few months ago, and Nashville is centrally located enough to make it easily accessible for all of middle America......I'm just sayin'..Nashville is badass!! I just hope the Martians don't attack Nashville before we get a chance to prove our worthiness.
Nashville is toast, so scratch that.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #543 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post
I predict the next BIG con in the years to come will be Nashville. We have a huge state of the art convention center that just opened a few months ago, and Nashville is centrally located enough to make it easily accessible for all of middle America......I'm just sayin'..Nashville is badass!! I just hope the Martians don't attack Nashville before we get a chance to prove our worthiness.
Nashville's a fun town! Sign me up!
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #544 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 484
Default

Nashville is fun. A good friend of mine lives near Vanderbilt so I visit him everytime UGA plays the Dores. The city has really grown the last decade or so.

It far enough away from Atlanta and other cities to draw enough Con traffic.

Organize it, Hellfish!!!
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #545 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Puzzle update: looks like we have more 4-card puzzles than we needed. Quite a bit more. Looks like collectors will be the beneficiary.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #546 (permalink)
Member
 
JRCrosby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Greenville, SC
Posts: 484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Puzzle update: looks like we have more 4-card puzzles than we needed. Quite a bit more. Looks like collectors will be the beneficiary.
Nothing wrong with giving customers extra. I've never heard a complaint about that!!!!
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/JasonCrosbyIllustration
JRCrosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #547 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 2,197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Puzzle update: looks like we have more 4-card puzzles than we needed. Quite a bit more. Looks like collectors will be the beneficiary.
That's great to hear, thanks for the update!
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #548 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,553
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmaheras View Post
Nice cards!

By the way to no one in particular, I didn't realize the New York con was already sold out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Looks like I won't be going after all.

Dang, this "sold out con" stuff is getting contagious. First San Diego, now New York! Who'd a thunk it?
NYCC fully sold out in advance last year and the year before (prior to that, I don't know). The sell out is moving further and further up though... I bought my 3 day pass the day they went on sale, since 4 day passes sold out so quickly. NYCC is actually less expensive than most of the big Wizard World Shows, and has more to offer. Artist Alley at NYCC last year was at least double the size of Wizard World Philly this year, and I'd say the NYCC convention floor is triple. Plus, Topps wasn't even at Wizard World Philly.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #549 (permalink)
Member
 
rmaheras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
NYCC fully sold out in advance last year and the year before (prior to that, I don't know). The sell out is moving further and further up though... I bought my 3 day pass the day they went on sale, since 4 day passes sold out so quickly. NYCC is actually less expensive than most of the big Wizard World Shows, and has more to offer. Artist Alley at NYCC last year was at least double the size of Wizard World Philly this year, and I'd say the NYCC convention floor is triple. Plus, Topps wasn't even at Wizard World Philly.
Sniff! That's OK. I'll just stay home and cry in my beer...
rmaheras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #550 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 530
Default

Artist Jason Chalker has uploaded a good chunk of his sketch cards to a public facebook album...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=94cf089817
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.