Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2013, 05:25 AM   #1301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekalbnz View Post
I don't understand why some of the other 4-piece sketches were broken up, yet this puzzle was not (I am assuming here this one was not broken up anyway by the way the seller has his in his listing)...

2013 Topps Mars Attacks Invasion 4 Sketch Puzzle Adam Levine One of One 1 1 | eBay

Nothing against this puzzle, but all four of these puzzle pieces would work perfectly fine as individual pieces.
Yeah, Alvin does great work!! And why some puzzles were broken up, well Alvin discussed this about 20-30 pages or so ago.

Really wish I could have broken some of this instead of being on the sidelines this time around.
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #1302 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Yeah, Alvin does great work!! And why some puzzles were broken up, well Alvin discussed this about 20-30 pages or so ago.

Really wish I could have broken some of this instead of being on the sidelines this time around.
Breaking them up is fine with me to be honest. No problem. I just don't know why they would put 3 of one puzzle in one case and not the 4th. I can see two as a coincidence, but 3 is hard to believe.

Whatever, the search continues!
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #1303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post

I understand why they were broken up. That was never the issue. As stated previously, they tried to break-up the ones that could stand alone. My point was if that was what they intended to do, that puzzle by Alvin would have been the perfect puzzle for this as each piece could stand alone by itself so well - to the point that people may not have even realised they had received a puzzle piece.

Also looking for Harley Quinn, Iceman, Deadpool and Daredevil sketches
ekalbnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:50 AM   #1304 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Monster, Since I just snagged the close-up "brain" piece... can you tell me what the rest of the puzzle consists of?
Good luck finding the rest of it.

I pulled at least three separate indecipheral puzzle pieces (one from a 6-card puzzle) including that brain piece and only one complete 4-card puzzle. Like the rest of the group, hoping that next time some more thought will go into breaking them up. Or better yet, that there won't be a next time because you'll have all the sketches you need.
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:53 AM   #1305 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valval View Post
YAY!! That makes me so happy!!! ♥
It's my first time posting on the board! I've been lurking around for awhile, kinda popping in once in awhile... hoping to see where some of my cards end up!
You brought the goods to this set Val - great work.
sketchopolix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #1306 (permalink)

Default Dan Brereton

I have only seen 4 of his 50 cards on eBay so far... Anyone have any scans of other pulls that didn't make it to eBay? I picked up close to 20 of his Heritage cards, and am kind of disappointed that not many of his from this new set are hitting eBay.

I did pick up his creator sig card though in one of my boxes... That was fun!
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #1307 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
I have only seen 4 of his 50 cards on eBay so far... Anyone have any scans of other pulls that didn't make it to eBay? I picked up close to 20 of his Heritage cards, and am kind of disappointed that not many of his from this new set are hitting eBay.

where are u getting that he did 50?
still looking for a checklist ..
thx
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:44 PM   #1308 (permalink)

Snooping around ebay and saw these two cards posted separately (not as a set) by same seller..? Had to snag them for under $20.00 a piece. They fit together pretty good. By Nemeth. I have got to stay away from ebay (Mars Attacks) this is becoming very addictive!! HELP!
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Topps Mars Attacks Invasion trading cards-ccf11022013_00006.jpg  
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #1309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
where are u getting that he did 50?
still looking for a checklist ..
thx
I thought he was listed as 50 upthread.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #1310 (permalink)

Quote:

Ahh, so that's were all the Heritage cards are! Been looking for those! Let me know if you ever want to part with any of them
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 06:01 PM   #1311 (permalink)

Going forward, anything that's looking like a split-up puzzle to me I'm avoiding. I know it will drive me crazy if I have an unfinished puzzle and I know now there's a couple I've bought already. Thankfully I was able to complete another one the other day
Old 11-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #1312 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Ahh, so that's were all the Heritage cards are! Been looking for those! Let me know if you ever want to part with any of them
Haha! Here is my collection:

SketchCollectors.com: Everything Sketch Cards

I also have 2 PSCs of his that don't pop up in that filter. I am not looking to sell, but thought you might like to see the scans. There is one up on eBay at the moment from a non-US seller that you might want to nab. It is a bit too similar to one I already have. I have purchased from that seller though and he is safe to buy from.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #1313 (permalink)

Quote:
I've seen the cards posted there - didn't realize that you had most of them! Good stuff! I'm not going to bother with the one listed now, price and international shipping.
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #1314 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Some teaser pics from Monster Mark - It just doesn't get any better than this WOW!

...Thanx for posting those PitViper!!
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:41 AM   #1315 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
Breaking them up is fine with me to be honest. No problem. I just don't know why they would put 3 of one puzzle in one case and not the 4th. I can see two as a coincidence, but 3 is hard to believe.

Whatever, the search continues!
First: you make it sound as if we (editorial) had a thoughtful strategy regarding what cases sketch cards get out into. There was no way to know that the co packer was going to put 3 of 4 in one case and it's entirely likely the fourth is in the first box of the next sequential case-- there's really no way to know. I suppose we could have batched them out to make sure they DIDN'T get put in the same case, but it would have been a lt of logistical work to get them into the same case by instruction.

Similarly my working at topps had nothing I do with why mine was inserted together-- I'm going to guess it had to do with the order in which they were received. We sent them to the co packer in batches as they came and were counted out so the ones that were split we're possibly the ones that were in later batches... Not really certain.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:08 AM   #1316 (permalink)

...thanx M.McG!...
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #1317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
First: you make it sound as if we (editorial) had a thoughtful strategy regarding what cases sketch cards get out into. There was no way to know that the co packer was going to put 3 of 4 in one case and it's entirely likely the fourth is in the first box of the next sequential case-- there's really no way to know. I suppose we could have batched them out to make sure they DIDN'T get put in the same case, but it would have been a lt of logistical work to get them into the same case by instruction.

Similarly my working at topps had nothing I do with why mine was inserted together-- I'm going to guess it had to do with the order in which they were received. We sent them to the co packer in batches as they came and were counted out so the ones that were split we're possibly the ones that were in later batches... Not really certain.
It's cool, I was just venting. If I find the last one, great. If not, the martian remains hand-less! lol
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:23 AM   #1318 (permalink)

I have opened one more case, and I have my first semi complaint! Seriously, the case was pretty good, but I got one piece of a 4 part Crosby puzzle, which was just a pair of legs. It's a really poor selection for breaking up a puzzle compared to others. I'll post the breaks later. Not sure what to do with a pair of running legs. Will probably drop on ebay or the like.
richo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #1319 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richo View Post
I have opened one more case, and I have my first semi complaint! Seriously, the case was pretty good, but I got one piece of a 4 part Crosby puzzle, which was just a pair of legs. It's a really poor selection for breaking up a puzzle compared to others. I'll post the breaks later. Not sure what to do with a pair of running legs. Will probably drop on ebay or the like.
This is my only complaint with the set too. The puzzles were advertised upthread as loaded packs (2 card and 4 card) which seemed cool for those collectors that like puzzles. However, they neglected to mention that a number of us would be hit with boxes where we would be stuck with an incomplete puzzle piece. Sadly, it looks like a number of us got hit by this. I only opened 3 boxes, and 1/3 were packed with a partial puzzle.

I chucked it, but it would be nice otlf companies would either do away with puzzles altogether, or insure they are packed together. The cost of boxes is too expensive to be stuck with a "half" or "quarter" hit.

But its a great set outside of this issue.
Old 11-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #1320 (permalink)

Quote:
this. I only opened 3 boxes, and 1/3 were packed with a partial puzzle.

I chucked it,
I feel bad for the guy that has no opportunity to every complete his puzzle, no matter how long and hard he searches eBay and the trading card forums.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 AM   #1321 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I feel bad for the guy that has no opportunity to every complete his puzzle, no matter how long and hard he searches eBay and the trading card forums.
I agree--I hope it was chucked somewhere that it could be retrieved. You can do what you want with your cards, but there's a bigger picture (literally) involved with incomplete puzzles.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:36 AM   #1322 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
I agree--I hope it was chucked somewhere that it could be retrieved. You can do what you want with your cards, but there's a bigger picture (literally) involved with incomplete puzzles.
Yeah. Not to mention that it is a piece of original art....someone on here earlier mentioned that it'd be cool just to gift it to someone. It may present a challenge to complete but it could be fun for someone to try.

Having said that, I notice the 4th part to one of my 4 part puzzles sold on ebay, yesterday I think... Stands alone well though.
www.facebook.com/TikiTower
Zerostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #1323 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerostreet View Post
Having said that, I notice the 4th part to one of my 4 part puzzles sold on ebay, yesterday I think... Stands alone well though.
Please don't tell me it's this one

2013 Mars Attacks Invasion Sketch Card Artist Robert Jimenez RARE Alien | eBay

If it is, it does work just fine on its own.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #1324 (permalink)

Quote:

Damn! Yes it! I did very few puzzles compared to others...you can see all my cards here 2013 Topps Mars Attacks Invasion trading cards
www.facebook.com/TikiTower
Zerostreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #1325 (permalink)

Quote:

No, it isn't that one or the hand in the 4 card puzzle mentioned above. I wasn't trying to be controversial... I am just a collector who keeps the cards he likes. I honestly don't have the time to list a <$10 cards on eBay. So I simply cracked my boxes and cut my losses.

I honestly think puzzles should always be kept together in the first place. At any rate, I am not going to talk about puzzles anymore. This was a great set... I will just focus on the good stuff.

Now where are all the Brereton cards?