Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Magic the Gathering on comc

I apologize if this should be in a different section, but since it directly relates to magic I thought this would be get more views.

Has anyone had any luck selling magic cards on comc? I have about 600, mostly from early stuff, don't really remember the year, but I know ice age had just came out, so it's been awhile. They've been sitting in a box since I came home from my dads that summer oh so many years ago. So would these be worth trying to send in and sell? Thanks.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

The reality is that most Magic cards aren't worth the cardboard that they're printed on.

The majority of commons and uncommons have little intrinsic value beyond their ability to be played in a deck. Since many of these cards have extremely low playability, that basically means that the have little to no intrinsic value.

That said, the value of your collection will likely revolve around the price of the few things that you have that are actually worth something, with the rest basically just being filler.

Without looking at what you have, it's hard to say whether it's worth your time to try to sell them. It almost certainly won't be worth it to try to sell each card individually. You're probably better off time and money-wise to just find someone that'd be interested in buying the whole lot (esp since 600 cards really isn't that many cards in the grand scheme of things).
bmemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

bmemike- Thanks for the info. I might just list them out and through them up on ebay or something.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have some old gaming cards of siblings and I put them on comc to get rid of them and for some reason they sold pretty well or not at all. For me the old Pokemon sell the best
Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's all going to come down to if you were lucky opening packs 15 years ago. If all you have is 50 cent rares from Ice Age (or Homelands or Fallen Empires), they aren't going to sell well on COMC (or ebay for that matter). If you got lucky and pulled a dual land from Revised, then that would sell for big bucks now.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Another thing to do is to consider going into a gaming store in your area and ask if someone could give you a hand by flipping through the pile. 600 cards should only take a couple of mins to flip through for someone to spot anything of value.

If you have anything worthwhile, you might be able to get an offer right there and there.

Also, you could try to price out your cards on your own.

You can use Magic The Gathering Strategy, News, Decks, Price Guide and an Online Card Store and just type in the card names. Use the "mid" price to figure out a ballpark. Note that this is what other vendors are selling them for, so anything that's less than a dollar might be "relatively" worthless to the average person on the street considering that an online vendor needs to cover all manner of fees just to break even on a single transaction.
bmemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Starcitygames.com is the site we use for pricing
Follow us on twitter @kabsportscards
avsrock26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryislandboy View Post
I apologize if this should be in a different section, but since it directly relates to magic I thought this would be get more views.

Has anyone had any luck selling magic cards on comc? I have about 600, mostly from early stuff, don't really remember the year, but I know ice age had just came out, so it's been awhile. They've been sitting in a box since I came home from my dads that summer oh so many years ago. So would these be worth trying to send in and sell? Thanks.
Pick out force of will, Dual lands, Wastelands, Sliver Queen, Sell all else as a big lot on ebay.