Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

Not sure. Waiting to see if any of the other redemptions show (five remain). The prices keep rising on these boxes every couple of months, so I'm not thinking I will get anything less by waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
How long do you plan on holding onto them?
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Once they are redeemed, prices will drop fast. Probably not crazy low, but I doubt people will continue to pay over $150/box at that point.

It would be interesting to see how flooded the market would get if Crypto put a clock on those redemption cards? I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I think those redemption cards should always have a clock on them. It will encourage people to bust product. And if the cards aren't redeemed they can be put back into circulation. WD S3 featuring the 5 unredeemed badge cards from WD S1! Anyway, I just don't think they should be held accountable to track and store those cards for years. #@#@#@#@ happens, you know? Theft, fires, natural disasters... whatever. Once that card is lost or damaged, its gone.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)

I underestimated this product from the get-go. I thought for sure prices would plummet when the Rick and Shane Whole Badge was found as that is when prices began to skyrocket. And, they never went down even after those two one of a kind badges were found. The boxes still continued to steadily increase for over a year and still obviously increase currently. I'm not so sure that the five badge redemptions have a whole lot to do with current prices. Serenty boxes still will fetch $200+ a box and the cards contained within those are cheaper to buy outright. So, who the heck knows why some of these products hold their value the way they do...lol...and, continue to rise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Once they are redeemed, prices will drop fast. Probably not crazy low, but I doubt people will continue to pay over $150/box at that point.

It would be interesting to see how flooded the market would get if Crypto put a clock on those redemption cards? I know this isn't the popular opinion, but I think those redemption cards should always have a clock on them. It will encourage people to bust product. And if the cards aren't redeemed they can be put back into circulation. WD S3 featuring the 5 unredeemed badge cards from WD S1! Anyway, I just don't think they should be held accountable to track and store those cards for years. #@#@#@#@ happens, you know? Theft, fires, natural disasters... whatever. Once that card is lost or damaged, its gone.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post

They will never all be redeemed. And, not everyone keeps up with how many are redeemed.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 PM   #30 (permalink)

I agree, I think the price will drop once the redemptions are pulled... unless youre an idiot, or dont realize the redemptions are pulled, what is the point of paying $5-600 for a box when you can only pull at best a Reedus wardrobe, Reedus auto, and sketch... which would be next to impossible... and youd have $500 in cards. But youre more than likely going to pull $100-300. So, Ive been wrong plenty of times, but I dont really see them holding value once most or all the redemtions are hit.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #31 (permalink)

To your point, there are stupid people out there. However, I think everybody can agree it doesn't logically make sense to purchase a box for more than the price of what it could possibly contain, if you can easily purchase its contents.

In the case of Serenity, since you brought it up... A lot of the chase cards for that set are not readily available and boxes have become extremely rare (since the set is pushing 8 years old, not 2). The cult following for that show has stood the test of time. For WDs1 pretty much everything except the badge cards are attainable, and boxes (expensive as they may be) are readily available if you are willing to pay the price. I would agree that if WD stands the test of time, in a couple of years those remaining sealed boxes will become very valuable regardless of the whether or not the badge cards have been redeemed.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Tim

There is no way these boxes will drop when the redemptions are pulled. The only thing that will cause these boxes to drop is the cancellation of the series.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #33 (permalink)

Thanks for all the replies and discussion this has got. I enjoyed reading it. I put it up in my closet for now. Out of my eye site so I don't open it.
GreenGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #34 (permalink)

I loved busting boxes/packs back in the day but I've learned my lesson...

SELL IT!!!! Make that money!
Nyfancam01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #35 (permalink)

Serenity, Firefly, Buffy 1-3, and many more I am just not thinking of have never lost their value even years after the series has ended....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
There is no way these boxes will drop when the redemptions are pulled. The only thing that will cause these boxes to drop is the cancellation of the series.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
Serenity, Firefly, Buffy 1-3, and many more I am just not thinking of have never lost their value even years after the series has ended....
Its not just about the cancellation of the series, its about 'how' the series ends and whether or not it maintains its following. After all, every show comes to an end. If seasons four and five suck and the show loses its fan base, then the cards will lose value. A big part of the reason the other sets mentioned (and many others) maintain their value sealed is because they have a big a cult following and are still gaining new fans that are going back and spending a lot of money to buy sealed boxes of product. It looks like WD might be one of those, but only time will tell. You can't jump to that conclusion now. Look at Heroes and Lost, for example.

For now, there is way too much product available to maintain the current value if the big hits disappeared. The thing is, by the time the big hits are gone there will only be a tiny bit of product left so if the show maintains its popularity the value will continue to go up.

And... $200 vs $600 is a big difference for a single box of cards. I'm sure these boxes will never drop below $200, but you already paid $250 (in trade). If I were you, I'd snag a box for each season and put them away together. When the series comes to an end you'll probably get a nice payoff.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Agreed, definitely depends on how the show goes. If the show goes to sh!t so will the card value. I guess I can see new fans wanting to open a box of the original cards, or maybe just keeping one as a collectible itself. I guess none of us know what will happen but interesting to hear everyones opinion none the less.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
if anything the cancellation of a show big like this might even mean an increase in price as the options of getting something are limited to just that and the other season series products
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #39 (permalink)

Busttttttt itttttttttttttttt
Old 06-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #40 (permalink)

2 thoughts:
1. This is starting to sound like deal or no deal. Do you have a million dollar briefcase? Lol
2. Sell it for $600 and buy a VIP pass to comic con and meet Reedus and get his auto. Way cooler In my opinion.
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote