Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation jahallstar - appears to have made a fake Walking Dead comic redemption now R42

Maybe I'm missing something....but it appears this idiot has made a fake comic redemption R42 which does not exist on CZE's site.

2013 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Comic Oversized Sketch Card Redemption R42 RARE | eBay

Last edited by yorkbag; 06-18-2013 at 12:30 AM.
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

HIS SAYS R42 BUT THESE HAVE SOLD, HE ALSO HAS OTHER CARDS FOR SALE FROM THE SET SO MAYBE HE GOT LUCKY AND PULLED IT

The Walking Dead Comic Series2 Oversized Sketch Redemption Card R12 | eBay

The Walking Dead Comic Series2 Oversized Sketch Redemption Card R12 | eBay

Last edited by baytowntex; 06-18-2013 at 12:13 AM.
baytowntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

The crazy and most ridiculous thing about it is, there is no R42.....R42 DOES NOT exist in this set.

R1-R25 for hobby
RR1-RR25 for retail

IF CZE does not do something now, shame on them!

Last edited by yorkbag; 06-18-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
The crazy and most ridiculous thing about it is, there is no R42.....R42 DOES NOT exist in this set.

IF CZE does not do something now, shame on them!
oh ok... yah shame on them if they dont do something if it is fake

Last edited by baytowntex; 06-18-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #5 (permalink)

Link sent to cryptozoic
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cat

Could it be a redemption from the Walking Dead Comic first release? The design and colour scheme of the redemption (even if it's fake), look the same as the first release and there's a redemption R42 in that set which says it's still available (The Walking Dead Comic Book Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment). Although....R1-R25 are all listed as 'Oversized Sketch Card", whereas R26-R61 are all listed as "Oversized Plate Cards". So seems odd, if that is a genuine redemption card in jahallstar's listing that it would say 'oversized sketch card' on the front...
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #7 (permalink)

It was bad enough they made a fake print out of a copy of a real Rick badge piece redemption that they already redeemed, now they are creating one that doesn't even exist...proof that nothing has been done thus far and they'll just keep scamming one way or another...
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 02:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
It was bad enough they made a fake print out of a copy of a real Rick badge piece redemption that they already redeemed, now they are creating one that doesn't even exist...proof that nothing has been done thus far and they'll just keep scamming one way or another...
wait, what? someone made a fake redemption card for the rick badge and Cryptozoic redeemed it?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baytowntex View Post
wait, what? someone made a fake redemption card for the rick badge and Cryptozoic redeemed it?
No, the real one was redeemed by them, they then sold a homemade copy with a pasted on authentic Crypto holo sticker. I posted it in my own thread and in the other bigger thread about the blank Reedus fakes, but no one seems to notice my threads. Check my post history if you want to see the post again.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

mgeo of crypto was on yesteday .. helping to id sketch artist ..

Superman the Legend Sketch ID Help

took off w/o posting a response though

earlier i wondered what fake would be next - i guessed sketches as those were 1 per case ... well the fake redemption is "better"
APR 18: 3 pending deals | NO PP GIFTING, BE WARY OF LOW ITRADERS
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
So seems odd, if that is a genuine redemption card in jahallstar's listing that it would say 'oversized sketch card' on the front...
Before you get the pitchforks and torches (and don't construe this as me defending him, I think the same guy is selling blank auto cards) someone should point out that no one has produced an image of a "verified" R26 - R61 redemption card. As such, it may not be so far fetched to think that Cryptozoic wanted to save on printing costs of having to produce short print redemption cards and instead went with an allocated numbering system to determine which are oversized and which are mini-books. But the front of the card may be identical since the number ranges are exclusive.

Again, this isn't a defense, I just thought I would point this out ... if someone can produce an image of R26 - R61, I think that would give us a lot of input.
eldavojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

I'm beginning to think what we need to do is buy his fakes and give him negatives...
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I'm beginning to think what we need to do is buy his fakes and give him negatives...
When I'm sure it's a fake and they have a OBO option, I put in my 0.01 offer. Sometimes you can do it three times and if there's no auto-cancel it's probably annoying to them. I'm sure someone's told eBay I'm harassing them but ... well if I'm ever contacted about it, I'll tell them a fake is only worth the paper it's printed on so 0.01 is a fair price in today's market.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
And/Or. . . contact his buyers and have them open complaints.
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #15 (permalink)

These guys all bought Norman Reedus unsigned cards. If they were like mine, much thinner and darker than authentic autograph cards from series 1, they are fake:

eBay My World - 123-kevin24
eBay My World - tygerstile
eBay My World - serial63dennis
eBay My World - gely953u4b
eBay My World - collector_sg
Old 06-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat View Post
Could it be a redemption from the Walking Dead Comic first release? The design and colour scheme of the redemption (even if it's fake), look the same as the first release and there's a redemption R42 in that set which says it's still available (The Walking Dead Comic Book Trading Cards | Cryptozoic Entertainment). Although....R1-R25 are all listed as 'Oversized Sketch Card", whereas R26-R61 are all listed as "Oversized Plate Cards". So seems odd, if that is a genuine redemption card in jahallstar's listing that it would say 'oversized sketch card' on the front...
Here's a link to a break of Series 1 where a redemption for a printing plate was pulled, and it definitely says it's for a print plate:

One case + One Box of Walking Dead Comic Cards

So it's not a Series 1 redemption. Hopefully Cryptozoic will weigh in on this soon!
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:36 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie4ever View Post
Here's a link to a break of Series 1 where a redemption for a printing plate was pulled, and it definitely says it's for a print plate:

One case + One Box of Walking Dead Comic Cards

So it's not a Series 1 redemption. Hopefully Cryptozoic will weigh in on this soon!
Right but what is being discussed is:

Quote:
Redemption Cards:
R1 - R25 Oversized Signed Art Cards (4" x 6") by creators Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard.
R26 - R61 Oversized Plate Cards (5" x 3.5") of the Mini-Book chase covers
That second set that could either be an oversized plate card or mini-book chase cover. What actual verbiage is used on the two kinds of R26 - R61 cards?
Old 06-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldavojohn View Post
That second set that could either be an oversized plate card or mini-book chase cover. What actual verbiage is used on the two kinds of R26 - R61 cards?
There is only 1 type of card, it's for an oversized plate OF a mini-book cover. It's not OR.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #19 (permalink)

maybe someone on this page can help About Us | Cryptozoic Entertainment
Old 06-18-2013, 03:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Ive emailed them links to his auctions probably 3-4 times now and nothing has changed. I am just glad I got my auto set before this idiot started making fakes. No way in hell Id buy a WD auto now with dozens of fakes floating around... I seen someone resell a fake Reedus auto for $100 the other day... Would be nice if Crypto did something about it but so far not holding my breath.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

I e-mailed Miranda from Cryptozoic about this before lunch, and got this response from her:

Production just confirmed that R26 through R50 were added to the print run after we received Kirkman's cards at the last minute.

Not exactly ideal, but it looks like tht card is fine.

I would appreciate if you could help communicate this to the community? Most of out team is out of office for a convention, and will be tough to deliver a timely response, but I will try to get on the thread to comment as soon as I can.

So it looks like this card is legit. However, now the question is what are the redemptions good for? Sounds like you might only get either Aldard or Kirkman and not both for each redemption. So I assume R1-R25 is for Aldard and R26-R50 is for Kirkman? Not sure, but hopefully Miranda will get a chance to come in and comment officially and let us know.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:26 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I e-mailed Miranda from Cryptozoic about this before lunch, and got this response from her:

Production just confirmed that R26 through R50 were added to the print run after we received Kirkman's cards at the last minute.

I would appreciate if you could help communicate this to the community? Most of out team is out of office for a convention, and will be tough to deliver a timely response, but I will try to get on the thread to comment as soon as I can.

So it looks like this card is legit. However, now the question is what are the redemptions good for? Sounds like you might only get either Aldard or Kirkman and not both for each redemption. So I assume R1-R25 is for Aldard and R26-R50 is for Kirkman? Not sure, but hopefully Miranda will get a chance to come in and comment officially and let us know.
Thanks for the clarification, they should probably update the product page. It gets tough because you can tell this seller actually does open some product, problem is they have been known to make copies of some cards, redemptions included.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)

I see the CZE redemption site has been updated to reflect the new numbers. I'm really gonna be a bit peeved if I do not receive the Kirkman/Adlard sketch and only one or the other that was originally on the site just a few minutes ago.

Quote:

Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Still, the card might exist but I have no reason to believe this seller has the genuine thing.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
How dare you ruin our speculation and lynching?!

Quote:
Still, the card might exist but I have no reason to believe this seller has the genuine thing.
Never mind, Aggie! Despite additional information, we will prevail!