Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Issues with UD go beyond my professional dealings with the company. They just do a lot of things that they don't answer for that, as a collector who spends his hard earned money on this stuff, I can't ignore. Until I see them either apologizing or doing something to right their wrongs, my stance won't change.

Time alone doesn't heal all wounds. Ripping off artists, collectors and business partners doesn't sound like a business model that I can ignore 5 years from now.
And I don't want anyone thinking I begrudge anyone for working for or not working for whom they choose. And I hope that no one begrudges anyone who works for a company they don't necessarily care for.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadams View Post
And I don't want anyone thinking I begrudge anyone for working for or not working for whom they choose. And I hope that no one begrudges anyone who works for a company they don't necessarily care for.
Hey I've got nothing against you doing what you do for UD. Thankfully they treat you right, you make your own decisions.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #28 (permalink)

I'd like to see Disney keep it and start putting out their own cards. Add in all the Marvel licensing they have. Then release some classic Disney/Pixar cards from all their greatest movies with wardrobe cards, voice actor auto's, film cells, etc.

I don't see Disney really doing that, but if they did they'd make a great splash in the trading card world.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
I'd like to see Disney keep it and start putting out their own cards. Add in all the Marvel licensing they have. Then release some classic Disney/Pixar cards from all their greatest movies with wardrobe cards, voice actor auto's, film cells, etc.

I don't see Disney really doing that, but if they did they'd make a great splash in the trading card world.
Disney has a "subscription" card set going on now for D23 members (you get a pack of new cards every month), produced in house. It looks really nice but appears to be a giant cluster**** for collectors trying to put together master sets.

They also have an interactive card set in the Magic Kingdom. Again, I think that's produced in house.

As much as I'd love to see another Disney Treasures set, it seems like they're trying really hard to not utilize existing companies so I'm not holding my breath.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Disney has a "subscription" card set going on now for D23 members (you get a pack of new cards every month), produced in house. It looks really nice but appears to be a giant cluster**** for collectors trying to put together master sets.

They also have an interactive card set in the Magic Kingdom. Again, I think that's produced in house.

As much as I'd love to see another Disney Treasures set, it seems like they're trying really hard to not utilize existing companies so I'm not holding my breath.
Yea I saw someone posted about the subscription service. After you look into it, it just seems more like a burden than something that would be fun. I wouldn't be down for a monthly subscription.

And the interactive cards inside the park are more for playing the in park game rather than collecting trading cards. I have yet to play it because it's kind of pricey for what it entails and seems to be more geared to the younger kids. But I've seen people in the park playing and it seems like it's pretty cool. But I view it more as an interactive game rather than cards.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
And the interactive cards inside the park are more for playing the in park game rather than collecting trading cards. I have yet to play it because it's kind of pricey for what it entails and seems to be more geared to the younger kids. But I've seen people in the park playing and it seems like it's pretty cool. But I view it more as an interactive game rather than cards.
You get a pack of cards free with your admission (which looking at it through certain eyes IS expensive when it's $100 a day to get in now!). Sure it's geared towards the young crowd, but they're cards, we must collect them.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:45 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
You get a pack of cards free with your admission (which looking at it through certain eyes IS expensive when it's $100 a day to get in now!). Sure it's geared towards the young crowd, but they're cards, we must collect them.
How do you get them for free?

I have an annual pass, will be going back next weekend, but anytime I've looked into the cards/game, I've only seen its like $30 a person.

I might be missing something though
Old 07-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Nvm I think I figured it out. I never asked about the cards or lined up to want to play. But the cards I saw I believe were booster pack for $30. So I assumed those were the cards people played with.

That's pretty cool you can get the playing ones for free. I wouldn't mind getting them for free, but I probably wouldn't play the game lol
Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Nvm I think I figured it out. I never asked about the cards or lined up to want to play. But the cards I saw I believe were booster pack for $30. So I assumed those were the cards people played with.

That's pretty cool you can get the playing ones for free. I wouldn't mind getting them for free, but I probably wouldn't play the game lol
I wasn't aware of the booster packs. I think from what I've read there's a redemption station in the fire house and somewhere in Liberty Square.

I'll be visiting in September, so I'll be trying to snag some. I've heard the lines can get pretty long, but I guess that's par for the course down there.

Also, since this thread has now derailed into Disney card talk... are you aware of the Transportation cards that are also free? Certain employees that work within their Transportation system (buses, boats, monorails) carry them, but it's not advertised, you have to ask.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't aware of the booster packs. I think from what I've read there's a redemption station in the fire house and somewhere in Liberty Square.

I'll be visiting in September, so I'll be trying to snag some. I've heard the lines can get pretty long, but I guess that's par for the course down there.

Also, since this thread has now derailed into Disney card talk... are you aware of the Transportation cards that are also free? Certain employees that work within their Transportation system (buses, boats, monorails) carry them, but it's not advertised, you have to ask.
Nope. I had no idea about the transportation cards. But after a quick google I see what it is. When I go next weekend I'll be sure to ask some of the transportation operators if they have any cards on them.

I absolutely love all the little secret things that Disney has.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Nope. I had no idea about the transportation cards. But after a quick google I see what it is. When I go next weekend I'll be sure to ask some of the transportation operators if they have any cards on them.

I absolutely love all the little secret things that Disney has.
There are a couple different sets of these floating around, If I remember correctly some are in a series of 18 and others 25. They're mostly the same images in both series, they just added more for the bigger one. I've been trying to put the larger set together, let me know if you have any luck.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
There are a couple different sets of these floating around, If I remember correctly some are in a series of 18 and others 25. They're mostly the same images in both series, they just added more for the bigger one. I've been trying to put the larger set together, let me know if you have any luck.
Yea I saw something about 2 series or sets. Was wondering if they're both floating around or if the second set is now the only one they carry and the 18 cards is the older set.

Edit: Nvm, found this online which answered my question. Now my only thing is how to find them all. All the monorails look the same, so how do I distinguish between monorail blue and monorail gold? I also don't know what half of them mean, like the Nova & Electrical Water Pageant. I'll have to try googling what each one is and what they look like. So far my only plan is to just ask any and all members driving or around modes of transportation.

Quote:
I just got back from Disney World and spent 10 days searching for these elusive cards. There are 18 in the first series and 25 in the second series. I made alot of connections getting these cards. The first series was issued in 2006 and this newest series was released in late 2010. Both series are difficult to complete, although the first series is easier than the second. The cards are identical on the front, but the backs are numbered to 18 & 25 respectively. I found all but one from the newest release. Card #12, The Grand One, is the private Disney Yacht. That card was pulled prior to release and destroyed because of a typo on the back. Card #25 depicts all 11 existing monorails. This card also has a typo on the back. It says there are 12 monorails. This card was also pulled before release. The pink and purple monorail was retired from service. Here are the 2 checklists:

Series 1
1. The Gillig - Mickey Mouse
2. The Nova - Minnie Mouse
3. The RTS - Pluto
4. Ferryboat - Woody
5. Motor cruiser - Tinker Bell
6. Motor Launch -Chip
7. Mark VI Monorail - Buzz Lightyear
8. Mark VI Monorail - Figment
9. Mark VI Monorail - Jasmine
10. Mark VI Monorail - Jiminy cricket
11. Mark VI Monorail - Sulley
12. Mark VI Monorail - Simba
13. Mark VI Monorail - Donald Duck
14. Mark VI Monorail - Snow White
15. Mark VI Monorail - Mike Wazowski
16. Mark VI Monorail - Cinderella
17. Mark VI Monorail - Daisy Duck
18. Mark VI Monorail - Goofy

Series 2

1) The Gillig-Mickey
2) The Nova-Minnie
3) The RTS-Pluto
4) Ferry Boat-Woody
5) Motor Cruiser-Tinkerbell
6) Motor Launch-Chip
7) Sassagoula River Cruise-Flounder
8) Downtown Disney Water Taxi-Peter Pan
9) Disney Vacation Club Ferry Blue Launch-Stitch
10) Disney Vacation Club Ferry Green Launch-Merryweather
11) Magic Kingdom Boat-Dumbo
12) Grand One Yacht-Little Mermaid
13) Electrical Water Pageant-King Triton
14) Monorail Silver-Buzz Lightyear
15) Monorail Grey-Figment
16) Monorail Teal-Tramp
17) Monorail Blue-Jiminy Cricket
18) Monorail Green-Sulley
19) Monorail Yellow/Orange-Simba
20) Monorail Gold-Goofy
21) Monorail Mauve -Snow White
22) Monorail Lime-Mike Wazowski
23) Monorail Yellow-Cinderella
24) Monorail Red-Daisy Duck
25) Monorail All 11 monorails-Sebastian
Old 07-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Yea I saw something about 2 series or sets. Was wondering if they're both floating around or if the second set is now the only one they carry and the 18 cards is the older set.

Edit: Nvm, found this online which answered my question. Now my only thing is how to find them all. All the monorails look the same, so how do I distinguish between monorail blue and monorail gold? I also don't know what half of them mean, like the Nova & Electrical Water Pageant. I'll have to try googling what each one is and what they look like. So far my only plan is to just ask any and all members driving or around modes of transportation.
The Monorail cards have different characters on them. And while they're all basically the same vehicle, the cards look different enough.

Here's a tip from my own experience - check with the Transportation Booth outside the Magic Kingdom entrance (it stands alone, by the buses and boat dock). They usually have a few different ones in there. That's the only specific location I know of where they keep them in a single spot as opposed to in cast members' pockets (soft corners and rubber band marks are common on these).

The Electrical Water Pageant is the boat lights they do on the lagoon at MK. I think the Nova is one of the buses. I have to dig out my cards to see what I have.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #39 (permalink)

I just started a new thread for this discussion: Free cards in Walt Disney World