Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #26 (permalink)

Still no updated details... Wonder if any retail will hit today.

I have 2 cases coming Tue/Wed... I may snag one more.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Still no updated details... Wonder if any retail will hit today.

I have 2 cases coming Tue/Wed... I may snag one more.
No singles showing up yet. I'm guessing Monday
Old 08-09-2013, 05:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Isn't the release date Aug 14?
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

I bought a pre-order base set on e-bay and the guy who listed it said he is getting his cases on the 14th.

Doug
Old 08-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wow... I can't believe the price that base sets are selling for Figure what, 10 base sets out of a case? That will cover 3/4 of your case cost right there.. box and case hits will easily put you in the green. To bad my money is tied up elsewhere... otherwise I might pre-order a case last minute (yeah, there are sites still offering pre-orders).
Old 08-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Isn't the release date Aug 14?
Yeah but you know how topps is with releasing retail.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah but you know how topps is with releasing retail.
No... I don't, actually. The only Topps product I regularly collect is GPK and the retail never shows up in my area before I get the hobby box in the mail. But just for fun I'll take a drive to Target tomorrow and check it out.

Probably the main reason I'm not that excited for this release is I'm not really familiar with Chrome products. I thought about picking up some Chrome baseball just to check it out but decided not to.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
No... I don't, actually. The only Topps product I regularly collect is GPK and the retail never shows up in my area before I get the hobby box in the mail. But just for fun I'll take a drive to Target tomorrow and check it out.

Probably the main reason I'm not that excited for this release is I'm not really familiar with Chrome products. I thought about picking up some Chrome baseball just to check it out but decided not to.
Oh haha, well on the sports side of things, topps is notorious for releasing retail before Hobby. You can almost always count on a baseball or football product popping up at walmart or target before your local hobby store.

And by the way, Chrome Baseball will be ridiculously hot this year.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow... I can't believe the price that base sets are selling for Figure what, 10 base sets out of a case? That will cover 3/4 of your case cost right there.. box and case hits will easily put you in the green. To bad my money is tied up elsewhere... otherwise I might pre-order a case last minute (yeah, there are sites still offering pre-orders).
4 cards per pack. You will be getting 3-4 sets per case.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
4 cards per pack. You will be getting 3-4 sets per case.
Base sets are only 82 cards. Factor in Refractors are 1:3 packs and you also will have other random inserts I am thinking you will see 70 base cards or so per box.

840 total cards per case and if collation is decent I am thinking you will see 7-8 sets per case.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Unless I'm way off (and if I am, please explain)...

96 cards/box - 12 inserts = about 84 base cards per box

84 x 12 boxes per case = 1008 base cards per box

1008 / 110 cards per base set = 9.16

Do you really expect the collation to be so bad that you only get 4 sets per case when you should get at least 8?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #37 (permalink)

Yeah I too had calculated around 8 base sets of 110 if collation was good. Low estimate of at least 6.
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #38 (permalink)

Selling at $65 each on eBay... figure $53 after shipping and fees. If you get 8 per case = $424 just from base sets, no refractors or hits of any kind. If you paid $800/case, that is a little more than half covered by base sets. Pretty good return on base sets.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Selling at $65 each on eBay... figure $53 after shipping and fees. If you get 8 per case = $424 just from base sets, no refractors or hits of any kind. If you paid $800/case, that is a little more than half covered by base sets. Pretty good return on base sets.
If you can presell a good quantity though. I checked sold listings and I couldn't find more than a handful.
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Base sets are only 82 cards. Factor in Refractors are 1:3 packs and you also will have other random inserts I am thinking you will see 70 base cards or so per box.

840 total cards per case and if collation is decent I am thinking you will see 7-8 sets per case.
Base sets are 110 cards
Old 08-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Unless I'm way off (and if I am, please explain)...

96 cards/box - 12 inserts = about 84 base cards per box

84 x 12 boxes per case = 1008 base cards per box

1008 / 110 cards per base set = 9.16

Do you really expect the collation to be so bad that you only get 4 sets per case when you should get at least 8?
Refractors are 1:3 packs so there will be 8 per box. So your down to 76 base cards per box. AND, your calculations are based on perfect collation which you know will never happen. 8 sets with perfect collation. Probability more like 4-5. If you open 3+ cases you could avg 7-8 sets per case.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Base sets are 110 cards

From the sell sheet

Quote:
PK Chrome Original Series 1 Release
- 151 Chrome Cards to Collect !
- (82) Original Series 1 Characters - 41 A & B names
- (28) Lost GPK - 14 A&B names
- (41) Chrome Concept Sketch's by original artist, John Pound
The Sequential set consists of 82 Cards.

The lost GPK cards are technically an insert set if they do not follow the numbering of the Original Series 1 Characters.

So the base set is 82 Cards.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Refractors are 1:3 packs so there will be 8 per box. So your down to 76 base cards per box. AND, your calculations are based on perfect collation which you know will never happen. 8 sets with perfect collation. Probability more like 4-5. If you open 3+ cases you could avg 7-8 sets per case.
I'm accounting for refractors (8 of the 12 inserts, the other 4 being concept cards 1:6 packs) and perfect collation would be 9 complete sets + 18 additional cards. Those 18 should more than account for any added case hits, so 8 complete sets is already 1 full set short than perfect collation. Hobby case collation has been very good in my experience with the past 5 GPK products, so I think 7 is a pretty conservative estimate and would be surprised if most cases don't produce 8. Unless I'm missing something big, like an unaccounted for insert or parallel set? I'm also assuming the lost GPK cards will be inserted at the same rate as the OS1 cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks
If you can presell a good quantity though. I checked sold listings and I couldn't find more than a handful.
Fully agree. I'm curious if the price will hold after release. I guess it depends on wax availability. I was blown away when I saw they were selling at that price though... I would have expected half that at best. I've never tried pre-selling sets though. I prefer not to list anything for sale that I don't have in my possession.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:

The lost GPK cards are technically an insert set if they do not follow the numbering of the Original Series 1 Characters.

So the base set is 82 Cards.
Although I personally agree with you, I'm including the lost GPK set because that is how it is being sold in the listing that has 3 sales @ $65 a base set.

I assume it will be numbered sequentially following the base set like they were for the Flashback series, but I suppose we won't know for sure until we bust some. Honestly, not sure how I feel about the inclusion of the lost GPK set. Wasn't all that thrilled with them in the FB series. Think I might be happier to get a full 82 card base set per hobby box.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #45 (permalink)

I'm wondering what the Superfractors will sell for...
Old 08-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Got a case coming in next week!
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm wondering what the Superfractors will sell for...
Who knows? There are a lot of deep pocketed GPK collectors. I'd guess that some of the key ones (Adam Bomb, Nasty Nick) will approach $1000 or maybe even exceed it. I think on average we might see something like $150-$250, but I could be way on the low side.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Who knows? There are a lot of deep pocketed GPK collectors. I'd guess that some of the key ones (Adam Bomb, Nasty Nick) will approach $1000 or maybe even exceed it. I think on average we might see something like $150-$250, but I could be way on the low side.
I was thinking plates In that range with most supers around $400-$500. I'm anxious to see if anybody can complete a semi master set.

82 base, 82 refractors, 82 prism refractors plus all inserts
Old 08-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
I was thinking plates In that range with most supers around $400-$500. I'm anxious to see if anybody can complete a semi master set.

82 base, 82 refractors, 82 prism refractors plus all inserts
I'm sure they will. A single case should yield most of a base refractor set. With the prisms being limited to 200 and the gold being limited to 50, I expect to see a core set of collectors put together a serious collection aiming to make complete parallel sets of both. When you think about it, its not much more ambitious than attempting to build silver and gold parallel sets from the previous couple of releases, and we know collectors succeeded in those efforts.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sure they will. A single case should yield most of a base refractor set. With the prisms being limited to 200 and the gold being limited to 50, I expect to see a core set of collectors put together a serious collection aiming to make complete parallel sets of both. When you think about it, its not much more ambitious than attempting to build silver and gold parallel sets from the previous couple of releases, and we know collectors succeeded in those efforts.
Any guesses on cases produced? I'm thinking about 1,000. Which would yield about 1 auto and .5 plates per case.