Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #51 (permalink)

nah but we'll figure it out as soon as we see the gold (hobby only) refractor odds next week
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 711 Cards View Post
Any guesses on cases produced? I'm thinking about 1,000. Which would yield about 1 auto and .5 plates per case.
i would love this because I now have 4 cases coming... pulled the trigger on 2 more.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
i would love this because I now have 4 cases coming... pulled the trigger on 2 more.
I have a bunch coming too. Keep me in mind next week - we can trade dupes to help fill sets, etc.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #54 (permalink)

Starting on Monday-Tuesday Walmart/Target should have 8 pack Blasters for $20 and Blisters 3 Packs & 4 Atomic Refractors for $9.99. So there will be some Retail Parallel Sets to go after.

Superfractors IMO will be minimum for $350. The Iconic Adam Bomb in the range of 2000-2500. Remember it only takes 2 people wanting a card to start a bidding war.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:37 PM   #55 (permalink)

Man I can't wait.. such a nice change from comics and baseball.

Crossing my fingers for a super

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:42 PM   #56 (permalink)

Can't wait to see this product!!!

I know there are 'purists' that aren't interested, but seriously....this is going to bring me right back to childhood. So excited to see these things!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNE_09 View Post
Can't wait to see this product!!!

I know there are 'purists' that aren't interested, but seriously....this is going to bring me right back to childhood. So excited to see these things!
Believe me, the purists will jump all over this when they see it.

Garbage Pail kids came out when I was 12 or 13.

When I heard they were doing it with the Chrome process I knew it was going to be big, especially once people see it.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #58 (permalink)

I ordered a case and some boxes from BO. Does that mean they ship on the 14th and it can take a few days to receive from UPS? I am on the west coast.
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
I ordered a case and some boxes from BO. Does that mean they ship on the 14th and it can take a few days to receive from UPS? I am on the west coast.
Cases tend to get shipped the day before, but being in CA will take at least 3 days to get to you.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #60 (permalink)

Make that 6 cases in total now

Old 08-12-2013, 04:45 PM   #61 (permalink)

I checked a Target on my way to work this morning and they didn't have Blasters or Rack Packs /sigh
Try again tomorrow
Mystafet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 04:52 PM   #62 (permalink)

They hit retail today. Already on Ebay

garbage pail kids chrome | eBay

Old 08-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
They hit retail today. Already on Ebay

garbage pail kids chrome | eBay

Ah, I am not looking! Spoiler alert. I am laying low for a while until I can open my boxes privately. I still don't really know exactly what these will look like and want to keep it special.
MarsAttacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:27 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsAttacks View Post
Ah, I am not looking! Spoiler alert. I am laying low for a while until I can open my boxes privately. I still don't really know exactly what these will look like and want to keep it special.
Mostly people selling the Exclusive Retail atomic/crystal refractors.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Mostly people selling the Exclusive Retail atomic/crystal refractors.
Whats the scoop with those. Is it a full parallel set? Or just limited subset, line the bonus cards of the previous releases?
Old 08-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Whats the scoop with those. Is it a full parallel set? Or just limited subset, line the bonus cards of the previous releases?
It's a bonus retail exclusive... One in ever blaster box I think.

Also on a second note.. amazing how people are rushing to be the lowest priced set. WHY do people do this. These sets were selling just fine at $59.99. Now suddenly have people at $40 with free shipping. UGH.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #67 (permalink)

check out this thread:

2013 Topps Garbage Pail Kids Chrome

according to smart guy zoop, GPK chrome will be a major flop. he knows becuase he's been talking to pople at the underground every single day for 14 years! wow, over 5,100 days later he still hasnt run out of things to talk about regarding GPK...
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
check out this thread:

according to smart guy zoop, GPK chrome will be a major flop. he knows becuase he's been talking to pople at the underground every single day for 14 years! wow, over 5,100 days later he still hasnt run out of things to talk about regarding GPK...
You're such an outsider--like a child talking to a teacher...

LOL
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Also on a second note.. amazing how people are rushing to be the lowest priced set. WHY do people do this. These sets were selling just fine at $59.99. Now suddenly have people at $40 with free shipping. UGH.
I wish it would drop to $20 a set! I just collect base sets and it would be nice to get one at a reasonable price

Doug
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougnddeb View Post
I wish it would drop to $20 a set! I just collect base sets and it would be nice to get one at a reasonable price

Doug
I don't think it will get that cheap, I can see them getting down to the mid to low 30s maybe, but if it's super hot it may actually go up. That one guy only has 5 left at his price of $40 delivered.

Old 08-12-2013, 07:54 PM   #71 (permalink)

Not surprising that is already happening. It is the plague of non-sports. Set hasn't even officially released yet and people are undercutting each other and devaluing everybody's investment. I think some people are counting on superfractors and golds to pull a lot more than I expect them to pull. It'd be great to be wrong on this, but I just don't see the average 1/1 superfractor pulling $500. Anyway... We'll see soon enough. A shame about the base sets though, but it makes me happy I held back on a case.

I'm not usually a fan of parallel sets, but I have a feeling I would have liked to make this one. Maybe if people start dumping them for $100 I can just pick one up on eBay Maybe I'll like what I see an end up going in on a case next month if I still can... Who knows?
Old 08-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't think it will get that cheap, I can see them getting down to the mid to low 30s maybe, but if it's super hot it may actually go up. That one guy only has 5 left at his price of $40 delivered.
I agree if product dries up as quickly as some people are predicting, those prices might shoot right back up in a couple weeks.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
I agree if product dries up as quickly as some people are predicting, those prices might shoot right back up in a couple weeks.
I went ahead and grabbed one set due to my Chrome love. For the 110 card set, seemed like a fair price to me. Maybe they go up or go down, but I bought this set just to look at
monkeymcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:01 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
check out this thread:

Not that I agree with this guy... but GPKUG is a far superior forum to this one when it comes to EVERYTHING and ANYTHING GPK. In fact, I don't recall there being a single GPK thread in the non-sports section for any of the previous releases since I joined this forum.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #75 (permalink)

There are 3 active threads on GPK Chrome right now with tons of posts in them.

Upcoming GPK Releases | Garbage Pail Kids Underground - GPKUG