Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 08:39 PM   #151 (permalink)

that is a cool one........ nice gold...............

come to think about it I was at walmart when I bought that retail, hmmmm, I need to figure out the atomics situation, lol
Old 08-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #152 (permalink)

Unbelievable.....Also just realized I pulled a "C" Variant of Kit Zit 19C. The Card is a Refractor as they all are I think and the 19C has a "Pink Tint" but only on that part of the Card. ......Strange

Debating whether or not to keep going. 4 Boxes in of a Case....lol
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
I bought some retail thinking I was going to get the atomics, mine didn't have it, they just had the lost set as the extra pack cards, I wanted to do the atomic set, I guess I need to try walmart? not sure which store has the atomics. I really like the cards nostalgia wise, they are just a cool set, not really too focused on money. I'd have to be trying for a chase card in a case if it was about money I think.
atomics are in the retail value packs - 3 packs + 4 atomics = $9.99. dont think they are in packs at all from what i've read. i never buy retail gravity feed packs anyway
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
atomics are in the retail value packs - 3 packs + 4 atomics = $9.99. dont think they are in packs at all from what i've read. i never buy retail gravity feed packs anyway
it must be 2 types of those, because that's what I bought, they had the same setup, but my extra packs had lost versions instead of atomics.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #155 (permalink)

Had to go shopping out of the area tonight and stopped at the Target and Walmart where we went. Target had nothing but a few packs left in the gravity box...no blasters. Walmart was good...found 5 blasters and 11 'value packs'. I know I will jinx myself with the rest of the packs but in my first value pack I pulled a Nasty Nick 1a refractor, and in the second value pack I pulled a John Pound artist auto L5a!! Now onto the rest...will post later!

Ahh..first 2 pulls pix before moving on...

Last edited by coalregion; 08-16-2013 at 09:28 PM.
coalregion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:31 AM   #156 (permalink)

Well I broke my case and nothing special was pulled. But on my last box I saw a card that got me excited. Was it some kind a rare 1/1?

No, but a blank back solid color purple refractor with a fine silver top edge.
edclay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalregion View Post
Had to go shopping out of the area tonight and stopped at the Target and Walmart where we went. Target had nothing but a few packs left in the gravity box...no blasters. Walmart was good...found 5 blasters and 11 'value packs'. I know I will jinx myself with the rest of the packs but in my first value pack I pulled a Nasty Nick 1a refractor, and in the second value pack I pulled a John Pound artist auto L5a!! Now onto the rest...will post later!
I might just have to cross the boarder into PA and hit up a Walmart or two. Scratch my itch for picking up a handful of value packs and blasters.

Are the fractors in the blasters different than the ones in the value packs?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #158 (permalink)

im gonna pick up some more today too, im hunting for the atomics, I wouldn't mind doing that set, they are pretty cool
Old 08-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #159 (permalink)

Quote:
I might just have to cross the boarder into PA and hit up a Walmart or two. Scratch my itch for picking up a handful of value packs and blasters.

Are the fractors in the blasters different than the ones in the value packs?
Didn't get to open them after I posted last night so I just started opening the value packs again and didn't get to the blasters yet so I can't say. Did pull an atomic refractor in my 5th value pack. Value packs have a refractor in each.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Didn't get to open them after I posted last night so I just started opening the value packs again and didn't get to the blasters yet so I can't say. Did pull an atomic refractor in my 5th value pack. Value packs have a refractor in each.
The value packs at Target all include 4 atomic refractors, and I really like them. Can't wait until the hit all the Target's in my area. I haven't seen any blasters at Target, but I only found Chrome at one Target, so far. Found Chrome at two toys-r-us, but only gravity feed packs. Found blasters at 2 Wal-Marts, but neither had value packs. Somebody in the other thread said the Walmart value packs don't come with the atomic refractors pack... If that is the case I won't be buying any Walmart value packs anyway.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
The value packs at Target all include 4 atomic refractors, and I really like them. Can't wait until the hit all the Target's in my area. I haven't seen any blasters at Target, but I only found Chrome at one Target, so far. Found Chrome at two toys-r-us, but only gravity feed packs. Found blasters at 2 Wal-Marts, but neither had value packs. Somebody in the other thread said the Walmart value packs don't come with the atomic refractors pack... If that is the case I won't be buying any Walmart value packs anyway.
Apparently there are 2 different types of value packs...those with 4 additional cards and those with 4 atomic refractors. The only ones they had at the walmart I was at had the addtional cards and not the atomics. I'll have to check the walmart in my area tomorrow or Monday...no Targets in my area.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Apparently there are 2 different types of value packs...those with 4 additional cards and those with 4 atomic refractors. The only ones they had at the walmart I was at had the addtional cards and not the atomics. I'll have to check the walmart in my area tomorrow or Monday...no Targets in my area.
Good to know. If I were you, I'd stick with the Wal-Mart blasters and forget about the value packs... 7 packs and 4 x-fractors for $20. Same chance at supers, prisms, plates, and redemptions as Hobby... Sounds like a solid buy to me.

I think I'm preferring the Target Atomics over the Wal-Mart X-Fractors, although I like them both. I'm not gonna spend the $$ to go after both sets. The Atomics should be easier to put together too... assuming I can find the damn packs

$20 = 2 Target Value Packs = 6 packs + 8 atomics
$20 = 1 Walmart Blaster = 7 packs + 4 x-fractors

I started checking Toys-R-Us because the ones by me are having a sale 'buy 2 get 1 free' on all trading cards. They usually charge higher than Target/Walmart, but I figured with the sale it would be a better deal. If they aren't gonna have the atomics though, I can stop wasting my time.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #163 (permalink)

Adam Bomb prism hits nearly $70

Garbage Pail Kids GPK Chrome Prism Refractor 8A Adam Bomb | eBay
Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Nice! I pulled the same card
Ty Hope is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Good to know. If I were you, I'd stick with the Wal-Mart blasters and forget about the value packs... 7 packs and 4 x-fractors for $20. Same chance at supers, prisms, plates, and redemptions as Hobby... Sounds like a solid buy to me.

I think I'm preferring the Target Atomics over the Wal-Mart X-Fractors, although I like them both. I'm not gonna spend the $$ to go after both sets. The Atomics should be easier to put together too... assuming I can find the damn packs

$20 = 2 Target Value Packs = 6 packs + 8 atomics
$20 = 1 Walmart Blaster = 7 packs + 4 x-fractors

I started checking Toys-R-Us because the ones by me are having a sale 'buy 2 get 1 free' on all trading cards. They usually charge higher than Target/Walmart, but I figured with the sale it would be a better deal. If they aren't gonna have the atomics though, I can stop wasting my time.
so if i got cases of blasters and value boxes coming. do they have the same content as the target ones ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
so if i got cases of blasters and value boxes coming. do they have the same content as the target ones ?
Coming from...? Topps? I have no idea. Let us know when they arrive.

It won't be a new thing for there to be GPK Wal-Mart/Target Exclusives. For BNS1, the blaster boxes sold at Wal-Mart and Target had exclusive bonus cards - one that could only be found at Target and one that could only be found at Wal-Mart. Plus, those were the only bonus cards found in Wal-Mart/Target blasters. For BNS2, there was a Target exclusive bonus card found in the Target blasters. There was no Wal-Mart exclusive for that realease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrbeaz
Adam Bomb prism hits nearly $70
I think we'll see more selling over $50, and I think the key characters will pull even more than this early auction did. I'm sure plenty of people are trying to put together the 1/200 and 1/50 parallel sets, but I think even more people will just want an Adam Bomb 'chase card' as the finishing touch on their mini master set. I figure an Adam Bomb should command double $$ or more compared to other characters with Blasted Billy, Nasty Nick, New Wave Dave, etc also pulling a nice premium.

To go in a different direction... The one thing that really disappoints me about this set are the Lost GPK cards. First of all, the cards do nothing for me. They are just more cards to complete the set, except they don't have the history associated with them the rest of the cards do. Secondly, these cards were in the FB sets which were all released within the last 3 years. Would have preferred if they were not included, or at the very least if they were treated like a real subset and didn't have all the parallel versions of them. What a disappointment if you pull a super and its one of them
Old 08-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #167 (permalink)

there coming from a competitor . so i wont be listing there name in respect to blowout . but i will let you know if they have the same content as the wal mart target boxes
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #168 (permalink)

I'm gonna bust about 100 retail packs later today. Lets hope I beat the odds and do better than 1 prism refractor Although if my collation is good enough to fill out an entire Atomic refractor set, I'll be happy even if I don't hit a single prism
Old 08-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #169 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm gonna bust about 100 retail packs later today. Lets hope I beat the odds and do better than 1 prism refractor Although if my collation is good enough to fill out an entire Atomic refractor set, I'll be happy even if I don't hit a single prism
post up if you get a chance, would love to see the results, my local spots don't have anymore of any type of packs left
Old 08-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #170 (permalink)

Sweet super action just pulled

2013 Topps Garbage Pail Kids GPK Chrome Superfractor Furry Fran 12A 1 1 RARE | eBay
Old 08-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
post up if you get a chance, would love to see the results, my local spots don't have anymore of any type of packs left
I posted it this afternoon. Pulled 1 prism and 1 auto, both up for auction. I've got an auto coming from the group break too, which will also go up for auction. I was hoping it would arrive today but it didn't... Tomorrow I guess.

Fell a bit short on the atomic set so I'll have to pick up some more packs this week when they finally arrive at a Target near me. Well short of the pencil set too, which I really would like to make but I'm not sure I want to put out the $$ to finish it. Well see how the next round of value packs does. If I get close then I'll consider buying/trading for what I need to finish the pencil set.

Plus I have a bunch of blasters I'm probably going to return. Gonna cost to much to make a run at the X-Fractor set ($600 with perfect collation), and I'm not sure I'd be able to find enough blasters anyway.

And for those that haven't been following the breaks... Congrats to Tim on a Superfractors and a redemption
Old 08-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #172 (permalink)

the return value is brutal, I think I might hold mine for a while, lol
Old 08-19-2013, 06:56 PM   #173 (permalink)

Quote:
the return value is brutal, I think I might hold mine for a while, lol
You mean in general? Or on something specific? I'm getting my stuff listed, but I'm not trying to be the lowest price guy by far. If everybody else wants to give their stuff away that is fine by me I can always lower the price later if I want, or do a BIN/BO. I sold some Flashback stuff earlier this year, so holding a couple weeks doesn't really bother me. The second wave comes when product dries up

I was going through my sliver refractors to add the specific numbers to my listing... 15c... huh? Yeah.. that's right. When I picked up those 6 packs at my LCS (for $4 each ) I must have pulled a 'c' variant and just casually thrown it in the pile with the sliver refractors. SCORE! I've had some luck with this release. An auto in the group break. A 'c' card in a lousy 6 pack purchase at my LCS, and another auto in my retail break.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #174 (permalink)

Nice--lose those missed hits when you go back to sort

I don't think this is a bad product--like you said, I think once it dries up you'll get better value on sales.

Got my Blasted Billy gold ref in today--I'll see if I can turn that into a nice sketch or two down the road
Old 08-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #175 (permalink)

I've got a regular Blasted Billy silver refractor. I put it up for auction, but I'm really considering pulling it down and sending it to BGS. I wish I had some experience with that sort of thing. Maybe I'll bring it to my LCS and get his opinion.

A good deal of what I pulled from packs had light surface scratches. The Blasted Billy looks perfect to me. I think that a BGS 10 would increase its value considerably. Any opinions? I know everybody is usually opposed to grading non-sports...