Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Some new Walking Dead AP's drawn by the very talented Mary Bellamy

You can also check them out on her deviant account:

Walking Dead APS 3 by *MaryBellamy on deviantART
Attached Thumbnails
Some new Walking Dead AP's drawn by the very talented Mary Bellamy-302c14f8f7461a0b9f90a28db6b1053c-d6i0fnx-1-.jpg  

Last edited by THE_BEAST; 08-16-2013 at 01:17 AM.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

Those are really cool. I like the idea. The characters are not very recognizable even though I'm pretty sure those are supposed to be 4 main characters. Probably just the artist's style.

I recently got an AP from Remi Dousset that is supposed to be Glenn, but Remi and I both agree it didn't turn out as we hoped.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)

I personally think Mary's cards look a lot like the characters their suppose to be. And I really like the theme were going with.

I have another artist who's working on a 11 card set for me. It involves heads and fish tanks.

Are you referring to the image below Carl? If so, it looks nothing like Glenn. But it makes a nice walker though.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_BEAST View Post
I personally think Mary's cards look a lot like the characters their suppose to be. And I really like the theme were going with.

I have another artist who's working on a 11 card set for me. It involves heads and fish tanks.

Are you referring to the image below Carl? If so, it looks nothing like Glenn. But it makes a nice walker though.
I agree about the theme. It's a really cool idea, and well executed. There's just a few things that throw me off about the characters.

I don't ever remember Rick having a goatee. If the woman next to Rick is supposed to be Lori, I just don't see it at all. Maybe it's Rosita with no hat and earrings? Glenn looks like he's wearing Dales hat for some reason. Maggie is the most recognizable, but she looks kind of Asian to me, and I don't think her hair has been that long since she cut it. The other off-putting thing I noticed is that they are all wearing the same jacket on the zombie side of the cards.

Don't get me wrong. Those are really nice sketches, and I would be proud to have them in my PC. I'm just being hypercritical because TWD comic is one of my passions.

I can't wait to see the fish tank cards. That sounds like an awesome idea.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

More images added!!!!