Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Redemption battle with topps turns into bbb battle

As some of you may know,I've been fighting with Topps over redemption issues. As I KNOW MANY OF YOU ARE.
After a year and a half. At which not once did they return any of my emails. MOT ONCE OUT OF OVER 100 ATTEMPTS. The only thing I ever got was Automatically generated return emails. Saying basically we want to help you but we can't. And getting through on the phone was again another dead end, 15 minutes on hold then they hang up saying They're too busy right now
But let me tell you you send one email off to the Better Business Bureau, And magically somebody at the Topps Corporation finds three minutes to talk to you. Well I mean more talk ABOUT YOU.
AFTER THIS LONG BATTLE, THE TOPPS CORPORATION IS INSINUATING THAT PACKS I HAD WERE TAMPERED WITH. In my opinion, They might as well come out and say they think I tampered with the pack, I pulled the sealed pack from a sealed box from a sealed case. That's the 1/1 cut auto battle..

Now onto the battle over the Jimi Hendrix relics they promised everyone, I received 2 Dwight Gooden's auto (baseball) cards number two 199 in place of the Jimi Hendrix rock 'n roll legend stage worn memorabilia relic. While bashing me through the Better Business Bureau they said they would gladly make the situation right,on the Hendrix. But not to my surprise ive heard nothing from them. NOTHING,!!
spacefanmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, cause a Dwight Gooden auto is equal to a Jimi Hendrix stage worn card.....yeah right, thanks Topps....
gdelan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:11 AM   #3 (permalink)

Email the BBB again. Many people don't realize the legal implications of these redemptions and what would happen if just one person were to hire a lawyer and go after them.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well what do you know,according to Topps reply in the latest BBB email. They say they have a special package in the mail to me to make up for the Hendrix relic. We will see I guess (probably 2 more Gooden autos:-)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

REally hope this plays out well for you Space...but Topps might need some more pressure, can't wait to see what they sent you this time
Old 08-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystafet View Post
REally hope this plays out well for you Space...but Topps might need some more pressure, can't wait to see what they sent you this time
Thanks..Im checking the mail eagerly every day for my package. I will hold all comments until inspection of the contents:-) I will defiantly keep you posted..
Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Well I received my "Complimentary" package today from Topps. Which was sent to make up for the two Jimi Hendrix relics they screwed me out of. It was a box of 2013 Bowman Baseball. I don't collect baseball,could care less about baseball,no nothing about baseball. The box has a value UNOPENED of $149.95. And is supposed to contain 3 autos. Which it did,now that the box is busted it's value is about $40 in auto. Plus whatever .99 cents apiece cards I want to try and sell. Disappointed would be the understatement of the year. TOPPS SUCKS!!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

I left baseball cards because Topps is the only licensed product. I hate Topps with firery passion, and wish they would go bankrupt.
Colm Feore, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacefanmick View Post
Well I received my "Complimentary" package today from Topps. Which was sent to make up for the two Jimi Hendrix relics they screwed me out of. It was a box of 2013 Bowman Baseball. I don't collect baseball,could care less about baseball,no nothing about baseball. The box has a value UNOPENED of $149.95. And is supposed to contain 3 autos. Which it did,now that the box is busted it's value is about $40 in auto. Plus whatever .99 cents apiece cards I want to try and sell. Disappointed would be the understatement of the year. TOPPS SUCKS!!!!
Honestly, that's a lot better than I thought you'd get. They can't know what's in the box, so I couldn't blame them for that. But at least it beats a Steve Sax auto or whatever else they could have come up with.

All of this is not to disagree with your original beef about the Hendrix cards not getting produced.
Old 08-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Which is a lot better than the junk autos they initially sent you. You can't be too upset with it because you chose to turn a $150 box into far less by opening it. Probably should have just cashed out and sold the box if you were looking for the most value, not to mention it was from a sport that you don't like/collect.

Not trying to get on you at all as I still sympathize with you in this situation. We've all learned from your situation, and that is to never fully trust that you'll get what you're supposed to from redemptions.

edit: I'm on the same page with monkey lol
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Agreed Topps had no idea what was in the box. They did however know it was at the most $150 face value. Still no where close to the $500 I spent on the Hendrix relics.
And opening the box,THATS ON ME. I took a chance maybe hit something to bring me some of my money back. That the chance I TOOK.
And I also agree,I was surprised I got that much from them. The bottom line for me is I will never buy from Topps again,so it's there loss. Card collecting is my main hobby,and I will I'm sure spend a lot of money on cards in the future. None of which will they ever see. Had they sent me something comparable to my loss,and been decent to me. They would have made there money back a thousand times over. I'm a loyal guy,and deal with the public every day. And know customer loyalty is an asset you can't run a business without. Something Topps DOSNT care about. THAT'S THE WORST PART OF THE WHOLE SITUATION,IN MY OPINION. Oh and thanks for backing me up guys,appreciate that:-)
Old 08-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
who did u pull?
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Clayton Blackburn common auto
C.J. Edwards common auto
Paco Rodriguez blue refractor rookie auto
Old 08-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

no clue who those 3 are ..
if u still have doc gooden .. i can try to trd for it as i have some Space sketches

lmk
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

I actually have two Goodens. Be glad to trade space sketches. Pm me