Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #226 (permalink)

Two part release was I believe a bu$ine$$ deci$ion. Just wait there will be retail exclu$ive$ part of the set.

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 01-30-2014 at 01:58 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #227 (permalink)

I know this is from Season 2's cards, but WOW. Wonder if that one board member got it, he's been here for mo's looking for one.

RARE Walking Dead TV Season 2 Oversize Triple Wardrobe Card Redemption | eBay
Cujobyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #228 (permalink)

Ha, I saw that Cujo.

Dat price.....=0
Old 01-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #229 (permalink)

Also, for those with access to the actual NSU (nonsports update magazine), a friend of mine showed me actual pictures of sketches from the magazine and they are jaw dropping. Pence's work is unbelievable on this set.

As far as 2 parts, not sure why people are complaining. The season was rather encompassing in regards to new actors/actresses so it only makes sense that it's split up. Just my opinion. I'd rather have this set done right as opposed to crypto's rushing it, like they did on the latest Big Bang Theory, and have it subpar.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:30 PM   #230 (permalink)

Or keep them together and keep down on the repeat signers from the two parts and less walker memorabilia.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #231 (permalink)

complaints seem to be about the preselling and locking free cash for a long long time .. and a long time
im busy w nonhobby stuff .. will get to pms
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:31 PM   #232 (permalink)

I've been thinking about ordering a few issues of NSU magazine. Mainly for the promo cards they come with. I'd like to get the Breaking Bad and WD ones.

I see people selling them on Ebay and asking around $7-$10..But why pay that when you can order the entire magazine for $5?
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
complaints seem to be about the preselling and locking free cash for a long long time .. and a long time
Yeah, I understand that which is why I never ask for a deposit from my customers.

Ok, figured I'd share some of these images for you all. I apologize, as these were taken with a phone, then texted to me lol.

I think these are Pence:

Glebes:

Also, there are more posted out there, kind of surprised no one has posted them (meaning from the other site).

Last edited by Cujobyte; 01-30-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #234 (permalink)

Those sketches are amazing.

I like how it's split into two parts just because of the vast characters. Only thing I don't like is waiting forever for anything to drop. I also think it would be a little better if crypto updated the site more often with what's going on. I'd like to know who has returned their autos so far, or a preview of some of the cards, maybe a little more info on some stuff.
Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 PM   #235 (permalink)

Kinda sad how long its taken for images of some of the sketches to pop up. As for me, ive seen a bunch of them months ago. And no, sorry, I cant post images. I wont break the artists trust. But the ones ive seen are well worth the gamble.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:24 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Those sketches are amazing.

I like how it's split into two parts just because of the vast characters. Only thing I don't like is waiting forever for anything to drop. I also think it would be a little better if crypto updated the site more often with what's going on. I'd like to know who has returned their autos so far, or a preview of some of the cards, maybe a little more info on some stuff.
This as well as tying up a lot of money so far in advance, only to keep getting pushed back. I haven't put any money down on Part 2 boxes yet and I fear I'll get shut out if I miss their pre-orders because I'm still focused on Part 1, whose release date is still unclear.

Cujo, I was going to ask for pics when I read your post earlier today, those look amazing. If there are more sketch previews out there I need to start hunting! Any word on an official artist list yet?
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:32 PM   #237 (permalink)

Dead On Sketches Non-Sport & Entertainment Trading Card News from Non-Sport Update
scotthouseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #238 (permalink)

Some amazing sketches.

I wish I was rich and could buy a ton of cases to break lol
Old 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM   #239 (permalink)

Just pre ordered 2 boxes and a binder of part one. Was excited to even find them real cheap still.
officerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:25 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by officerp View Post
Just pre ordered 2 boxes and a binder of part one. Was excited to even find them real cheap still.
Well there hasn't been much on them at all so far... so the fact that they're still cheap isn't surprising to me since nobody has any expectations for the effin series at this point.

I'm thinking about pre-ordering the second half of the set but the only problem is how are we even supposed to know when those will release? It's looking like there's absolutely no time-table for any of this to actually get sent.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Well there hasn't been much on them at all so far... so the fact that they're still cheap isn't surprising to me since nobody has any expectations for the effin series at this point.

I'm thinking about pre-ordering the second half of the set but the only problem is how are we even supposed to know when those will release? It's looking like there's absolutely no time-table for any of this to actually get sent.
No expectations?? lol

Crypto is timing this release with the tv show this year, unlike last year's December (2 weeks before Christmas) release. There will be a big update in about a week or two from Miranda, or so we've been told.

Mid-End of March for Part 1, and I'd guess that part 2 will come out around the season finale, which is when the cards started taking off in the first place, if you remember from Season 2's finale.

As far as expectations of this series, well lets just say that once crypto starts releasing card examples, people will get excited. But there's not much to do now but wait.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #242 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to HitDog44

I thought the Season 4 second half premiere was this Sunday, Feb 9th and the Season 4 finale was around March 20th. If Part 1 comes out near the Season Finale, will that impact the momentum (or lack thereof) of a Part 2 release in the 'off-season'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
No expectations?? lol

Crypto is timing this release with the tv show this year, unlike last year's December (2 weeks before Christmas) release. There will be a big update in about a week or two from Miranda, or so we've been told.

Mid-End of March for Part 1, and I'd guess that part 2 will come out around the season finale, which is when the cards started taking off in the first place, if you remember from Season 2's finale.

As far as expectations of this series, well lets just say that once crypto starts releasing card examples, people will get excited. But there's not much to do now but wait.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:56 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitDog44 View Post
I thought the Season 4 second half premiere was this Sunday, Feb 9th and the Season 4 finale was around March 20th. If Part 1 comes out near the Season Finale, will that impact the momentum (or lack thereof) of a Part 2 release in the 'off-season'?
This is true the mid-season 4 premiere is this weekend Sunday February 9th and the season finale is March 30th. So Part 1 will be release around the season finale (end of March) and Season 3 Part 2 most likely being released around season 5 premiere in October or the off season you mentioned which would be bad timing imo.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #244 (permalink)

End of April is what I've seen for part 2 release..April/May I'd imagine we'll see it
Old 02-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
End of April is what I've seen for part 2 release..April/May I'd imagine we'll see it
No way... no way they are making series two by end of April.

Series one is still listed as Q2 which is APRIL!
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #246 (permalink)

didnt say what year
Old 02-07-2014, 10:47 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksam View Post
didnt say what year
Hah! More likely true than not.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
No expectations?? lol

I don't see how anything I said was unreasonable.

Based off of the website there's no indication as to when the autographs will even be done. Anything relating to releasing this series has been a whisper so far and just because I don't visit a ton of places looking for any scrap of information doesn't mean I don't have a right to be frustrated.

I've already given my money to people (just like almost everyone here) and it's not out of the question to be a little pissed off at this point. I think the timing of last year's series was perfect because the season was already in gear and by the end of it the hype really helped keep the cards relevant (especially if you're a seller). Now that the cards aren't even looking to be out before the end of the season (or at least not so far) then I don't feel like I'm being an ass.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #249 (permalink)

are those paying for presale items protected by paypal? i know pp has a window to complain about non-shipping of merchandise

on ebay i think u arent allowed to sell presale items due too far out .. again the paypal window to complain about a seller not shipping
Old 02-13-2014, 08:34 AM   #250 (permalink)

I think delays like this is why I really hesitate to pre-order these boxes so far in advance. I like Cryptozoic but the way they handle these releases is a bit frustrating. It's one thing to be off by a week or two, or even a month. But to miss a release by a quarter or two is a pretty big deal. I wish they would give this product a bit of extra special attention since right now, it's probably their biggest license.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote