Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 09:30 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
One wonders if any of you complainers picket the Ferrari store when a limited edition car is about to be released. "Horrible distribution! Too expensive! Conspiracy against people willing to pay the sticker price!"
Fixed that for you
Old 08-16-2013, 10:33 AM   #77 (permalink)

I don't think anyone has a problem in realizing that a Walking Dead product is hot and even if the prices are raised through the roof, certain people will still buy. I think the sole problem is that people fear the prices will be through the roof right off the bat. That actual collectors won't be able to get their hands on boxes and cases at prices that they "should" get them at right away. I understand if you wait a week or two and have to pay more, but for preorders at least, especially if you're putting money down ahead of time, you shouldn't have to pay an initial 50% mark up.

I know the distributors want to cash in and make as much money as they can. But is that really the fairest method when it comes to trading cards? I'm really hoping to see good preorder prices and basically msrp for the first couple days or first week. After that I'm perfectly content with boxes going over $100.

Depending on how this release goes..if they could fulfill the production and shippin demand, maybe Crypto should just hold all the product and sell it themselves. I don't see any other way they can control the prices and make it so companies aren't charging big mark ups right off the bat.

And I think it's fine if BO will have boxes at $84 (Basing off BBT). That's Cryptos msrp and that's what the price will be when they go live on Cryptos website. I'm personally hoping to secure some product for a little lower than that, but looking in the long run and what the boxes will more than likely sell for, that's still a good price. Little more than what I really want to pay, but still good.

I have my fingers crossed I'll see some good prices. I'm not a distributor, own my own store, or have a best friend that does..I'm just someone who enjoys trading cards and loves everything Walking Dead. So I'd highly enjoy getting boxes or a case at a good price instead of paying a ridiculous markup cause some company wants some easy cash off the bat and says screw the personal collectors and genuine customers.

And as far as stores/distributors have to buy basically every other non hot product to be ABLE to try to get Walking Dead or BBT, I find absolutely stupid. I understand the concept, but in the end it's just a waste of product laying around a store or warehouse that will eventually have to be marked down to bottom dollar to move. It should be where a company looks into a store and figures out how much product their moving. You have a good sales, good feedback, etc..then you get to order the hot product. You don't see shoe stores selling Jordan's and SB Dunks because their forced to sell Reeboks and Pumas. They have to sell a certain amount and be in business for so long before their eligible.

Last edited by CAS239; 08-16-2013 at 11:38 AM.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Fixed that for you
Not really. The exact same thing will happen if you try and fail to acquire a limited luxury item at 'sticker price'. Be prepared to pay a premium after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
And I think it's fine if BO will have boxes at $84 (Basing off BBT). That's Cryptos msrp and that's what the price will be when they go live on Cryptos website. I'm personally hoping to secure some product for a little lower than that, but looking in the long run and what the boxes will more than likely sell for, that's still a good price. Little more than what I really want to pay, but still good.
Exactly. For EVERY Walking Dead release, I have been able to buy boxes at or below MSRP (AFTER RELEASE DAY). Seems most of the complaints here are people who want a case (or more). Well... it's a LIMITED product. You can't all have your cake and eat it.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
I can't believe this thread is still full of "this LIMITED, hot and in-demand product is too expensive for me so there is something wrong with the publisher!" comments.

No one guaranteed your right to acquire every card ever made. My Trek TNG master set... Looks like I will never acquire the DeForest Kelly autograph because last one listed on feebay was $900 BIN. I should complain toSkybox / Rittenhouse / eBay / Blowout / Kellys estate that this has made my goal impossible.

If y'all want affordable, go with one of the over-produced products of Rittenhouse. Or, go with one of the licenses of Breygent which tend to drop in value after release.

One wonders if any of you complainers picket the Ferrari store when a limited edition car is about to be released. "Horrible distribution! Too expensive! Conspiracy against poor people!"
Youre going a little overboard here... My main point is I dont care about Star Trek or Big Bang or Mars cards... the only cards I collect among some varied autos are Walking Dead. So it gets annoying when the one card set I collect is some jacked off price before they even come out. Not to mention since I dont buy all this other crap I dont care about I cant preorder them for somewhere close to a normal price. As Brobocop said, mark them up a little, no big deal... but putting some insane price on them off the bat is a blatant slap in the face... its basically saying Hey I am going to screw you if you decide to buy these because I can. What was BO charging for a season two case? If I remember right it was like $2000 when season two came out. I put together my entire set buying singles for less than that and you couldnt come close to a full set with a single case.

I am not going to call Crypto and whine about it or say how horrible they are. My point with saying they should just mark them up themselves is because they dont make a dime extra when dealers mark up stuff to crazy amounts. They set msrp, so set it higher, sell direct, make more money.

Its not a conspiricy against poor people, nobody said that. I am not worried about spending the money on them, Ive probably spent $4000+ on Walking Dead cards... but out of pricipal I refuse to pay some greedy dealer 5xs what the msrp is on a box that was just released... yeah they may lose money on every other set, so they have to get it back with the hot sets... understandable.... but I can also get annoyed by it and not buy them. Also the dealers have the same right to bitch about not making any money on cards. And I have the same right to say well maybe selling cards was a bad business decision. So we can go back and forth to the end of time...

Bottom line is getting extremely overcharged is annoying to collectors but due to supply and demand this will always happen. Dealers dont make a lot on cards which is also annoying to them... and in the end, who really cares? Were grown men arguing about little pieces of printed cardboard.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
And as far as stores/distributors have to buy basically every other non hot product to be ABLE to try to get Walking Dead or BBT, I find absolutely stupid. I understand the concept, but in the end it's just a waste of product laying around a store or warehouse that will eventually have to be marked down to bottom dollar to move. It should be where a company looks into a store and figures out how much product their moving. You have a good sales, good feedback, etc..then you get to order the hot product. You don't see shoe stores selling Jordan's and SB Dunks because their forced to sell Reeboks and Pumas. They have to sell a certain amount and be in business for so long before their eligible.
It seems to me that the best way to fix this is for Crytpo to do better market research and stop acquiring licenses for trading card sets they can't sell at MSRP.
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

Just received and set up the DVD Season 3 Limited Edition Fish Tank
Attached Thumbnails
Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Season Three officially announced-wds3tank1.jpg   Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Season Three officially announced-wds2tank2.jpg  
Old 08-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #82 (permalink)

Even though I don't watch the show anymore, that thing is fricking cool.
WTB/WTTF: Emmanuelle Chriqui Cards: Americana Prime Time Stars Signature Material #19; Americana Prime Time Stars Director's Cut Signatures #19A & 19B; 2011 ITG Canadiana Onyx Base Card; and Leaf Cut Signatures.
pinhead767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinhead767 View Post
Even though I don't watch the show anymore, that thing is fricking cool.
Thanks, pinhead
Old 08-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #84 (permalink)

very nice waiting for mine from amazon. Any updates on the cards that we know of?
rmizz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmizz44 View Post
very nice waiting for mine from amazon. Any updates on the cards that we know of?
GTS already has them up and taking orders.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #86 (permalink)

Unfortunately I don't think I can get them there. The way the guy on phone sounded was you need a store to register
Old 08-27-2013, 11:49 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't think I can get them there. The way the guy on phone sounded was you need a store to register
Yes, that is true. They only sell to bricks and mortar stores. I just know that they are the first to actually post and take current orders. You will have to wait for the "little guy" to get an order from their distributor that is able to make orders from GTS.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #88 (permalink)

How much are they selling for?
Old 08-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
How much are they selling for?
I do not know that.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:14 AM   #90 (permalink)

i see pre orders on a few sites already . wondering when blowout will have them ?
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:01 AM   #91 (permalink)

Which sites?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #92 (permalink)

Just as a head's up, a wall-known competitor site has started taking orders on Walking Dead Season Three at $89.99 a box. They also have a release date of 12/18 which seems in-line with Season Two last year. They have not started taking orders on cases yet though which is what most people seem interested in.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Just as a head's up, a wall-known competitor site has started taking orders on Walking Dead Season Three at $89.99 a box. They also have a release date of 12/18 which seems in-line with Season Two last year. They have not started taking orders on cases yet though which is what most people seem interested in.
I have the limit at 8 boxes to pre-order. Unknown if that is the quantity left at $89.95 a box.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
I have the limit at 8 boxes to pre-order. Unknown if that is the quantity left at $89.95 a box.
Nope eight seems to be the ceiling they are using so far. I think I'm going to only pick up singles this time around if I cannot lock down a case at a decent price. I usually only care about the base set and the autographs so missing out on the costume cards would not be that big of a deal to me. I think a box or two around release would be about as deep as I wanna go. Here's hoping to being able to get a case of this!
Old 09-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerialKilnWalkr View Post
Last year they limited their pre-orders to 6 boxes, this year they have upped it to 8 boxes currently. I called my account rep there to see if they would be putting up cases, he said for now they will only have boxes up. If their allocations go up, then they would put up cases. I would guess that they will sell out even with the box limit, so I'm not sure if they will ever have cases available.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #96 (permalink)

I've been told by my distributors that Crypto has pushed this back to the first quarter of the new year. Not sure how accurate that is, but figured I'd pass along the info.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #97 (permalink)

I wonder too if they do boxes only so they are able to hold more funds. If they were offering cases it would only be a deposit. When it is only boxes, the entire amount is due upfront.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #98 (permalink)

I ask this question. Why not put a Release Date up that is realistic instead of pushing further back with the possibility of moving up. Tying up money for months only keep pushing releases back is very misleading especially if you don't even receive what you reserved. Hoping they do a better time this go round for all potential buyers around. Remember this is only Part 1!
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #99 (permalink)

Part 1 is scheduled to release in December, Part 2 is scheduled for February
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #100 (permalink)

Wow, Blowout has actually started taking orders on this. Only $129.99 a box.

The Walking Dead Season 3: Part 1 (Cryptozoic) Box - $129.95 : Blowout Cards - Sports Cards and Trading Cards Wholesale Online Store

How about $1,544.95 a case? If this is how this is going to go, it's going to be the singles route for me.