Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
Interesting...I wouldn't think those would be okay either way...don't get me wrong I know a lot of artist do it (and I am obviously all for it given my extensive PSC collection), but I could see where an artist would be "punished" in this way for doing PSCs on something they do not have a license for.

Heck why Tim would draw official sketches for pennies on the dollar is beyond me anyway...he can generally sell his sketches for way more than CZE or any company would pay him.
I agree. To those that look deep enough there are artists still doing work for crypto do the same which makes me believe the behind the scenes politics issue.

Ive asked Tim a few times about this but he is taking the higher road on this.

Crap for trade-
https://picasaweb.google.com/103658828018382987910
NonSportsCardForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #152 (permalink)

any updated on release? Haven't heard much
rmizz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #153 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmizz44 View Post
any updated on release? Haven't heard much
February I believe
CAS239 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:44 AM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
February I believe
Any source on this? I figured they'd have a fire lit under the ol' bum since they're trying to balance a 2-part release.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #155 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Any source on this? I figured they'd have a fire lit under the ol' bum since they're trying to balance a 2-part release.
No 100% sure source as Crypto hasn't given a for sure release date yet. Three different sites with boxes and/or binders for presell all have different dates. One has mid Janurary, one has February, and Blowout has March 31st listed.

I'm hoping for mid Jan or Feb since it apparently won't be December

Last edited by CAS239; 10-30-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:59 AM   #156 (permalink)

Heard the redemption is going to be a Rick/Lori/Carl triple auto /25.

Bazinga.................

Crap for trade-
Old 10-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #157 (permalink)

Am I reading things right? Do they have Rick listed as a signer for both parts? 1 and 2?
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Am I reading things right? Do they have Rick listed as a signer for both parts? 1 and 2?
They only have part 1 on their product page so far (no need to confuse people by having both when one comes out long before the other), so that's all they're currently releasing info for as far as I can tell.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #159 (permalink)

Andrew Lincoln is signing for parts 1 and 2. There should be auto/mem for set 1; however, I haven't worked out the specific details for that yet, so I will everyone know once everything is finalized.
Shell casing will be cut up and inserted on standard sized cards, so not as redemptions. Should be about 1 per case.
There are a few more props that we have available, I will let you know what those are once we confirm how/if we can use them.
The stated 1:24 wardrobe is for CAST member wardrobe. And, early in product development I always err on the side of caution. There will likely be a WALKER wardrobe added (just like the last two sets), but I need to go through all the wardrobe and decide number of pieces and number of cards.
Release date has moved around a bit. We would like to get product out in time for the new season premier, but this just isn't realistic based on when we get assets from our licensor. That being said, even December would be a best case scenario, and, unfortunately, that just isn't possible. I got wardrobe from the set about 2 or 3 weeks ago, which is what is driving a lot of the schedule at this point. So, Q1 2014, but where exactly in there isn't for sure quite yet.
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #160 (permalink)

cant wait .
Old 10-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
Andrew Lincoln is signing for parts 1 and 2. There should be auto/mem for set 1; however, I haven't worked out the specific details for that yet, so I will everyone know once everything is finalized.
Shell casing will be cut up and inserted on standard sized cards, so not as redemptions. Should be about 1 per case.
There are a few more props that we have available, I will let you know what those are once we confirm how/if we can use them.
The stated 1:24 wardrobe is for CAST member wardrobe. And, early in product development I always err on the side of caution. There will likely be a WALKER wardrobe added (just like the last two sets), but I need to go through all the wardrobe and decide number of pieces and number of cards.
Release date has moved around a bit. We would like to get product out in time for the new season premier, but this just isn't realistic based on when we get assets from our licensor. That being said, even December would be a best case scenario, and, unfortunately, that just isn't possible. I got wardrobe from the set about 2 or 3 weeks ago, which is what is driving a lot of the schedule at this point. So, Q1 2014, but where exactly in there isn't for sure quite yet.
Thanks for the update! I'm hoping some of the wardrobe cards come from the riot gear.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonSportsCardForum View Post
believe the behind the scenes politics issue.
This. This. This.
jadams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
The prospect of auto/mem and prop cards have me extra pumped up for the set. Thanks for the update!
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #164 (permalink)

Now I'm wondering about the order I placed with a dealer for some boxes... that they accepted payment in full for. Hmmmmm.
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for the update Miranda, that's some exciting news! Looking forward to seeing how the set will end up, especially with the season being split into 2 sets.
aggie4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 PM   #166 (permalink)

I just reviewed the latest round for the base cards for Part 1 and we are just about ready to submit for approval to the licensor.
The chase cards should come across my desk soon, and I think those will be cool.The design for the chase set for the Grimes family is a replica of the picture frame Carl takes from the restaurant. The designer did a great job and I think these embossed, shadow box cards will be really cool looking!
The Prison chase set has really cool foil-stamped barbed wire on the front, and I think that will look really cool, as well.
Other fun things are in the works, so keep an eye out!
Miranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #167 (permalink)

Quote:
I just reviewed the latest round for the base cards for Part 1 and we are just about ready to submit for approval to the licensor.
The chase cards should come across my desk soon, and I think those will be cool.The design for the chase set for the Grimes family is a replica of the picture frame Carl takes from the restaurant. The designer did a great job and I think these embossed, shadow box cards will be really cool looking!
The Prison chase set has really cool foil-stamped barbed wire on the front, and I think that will look really cool, as well.
Sounds amazing. I cannot wait. This will be my first walking dead release where I'll be around when it drops. I was late in the trading card world for the first two releases.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Will you be releasing sneak peaks of the wardrobe that we can expect?
Cardfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #169 (permalink)

Look's like Lew Temple has just been added to the Auto List
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #170 (permalink)

Hope they have Walker Merle variant autos.

Crap for trade-
Old 11-19-2013, 11:00 AM   #171 (permalink)

Tim Shay was let go because he refused to stop working for other Companies specifically Breygent, The PSC and Prints of WD art was used against him. Tim showed me a pic of him at a con at his table with Miranda and George of Crypt and on his table the Prints PSC's and a banner stating he had WD stuff for sale. This is all about Breygent and don't let anyone else tell you Dif. Crypt wanted Tim Exclusive without a contract or pay increase.
justice41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
Tim Shay was let go because he refused to stop working for other Companies specifically Breygent, The PSC and Prints of WD art was used against him. Tim showed me a pic of him at a con at his table with Miranda and George of Crypt and on his table the Prints PSC's and a banner stating he had WD stuff for sale. This is all about Breygent and don't let anyone else tell you Dif. Crypt wanted Tim Exclusive without a contract or pay increase.
Is there a conflict with Crypto and Breygent, that you are aware of?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #173 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerokruel View Post
Is there a conflict with Crypto and Breygent, that you are aware of?
where can i get one of those popcorn eating pics?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #174 (permalink)

I don't buy it. He's not on contract and Crypto doesn't seem like the type of company to have irrational vendettas...
Nicnac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #175 (permalink)

Yeah...I don't really get it either...there are multiple artists that work for both. It might be true, but why they would apply that logic to Tim and not other artists I don't know.
Colm Feore, Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote