Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 06:13 PM   #176 (permalink)

Hey, There's no, "Might" about the fact Tim told me that George asked him to be exclusive to Crypt and not work for Breygent. Catch him online or at a con and ask him.
justice41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #177 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice41 View Post
Hey, There's no, "Might" about the fact Tim told me that George asked him to be exclusive to Crypt and not work for Breygent. Catch him online or at a con and ask him.
Okay, but does anyone know why there is an issue with Breygent and Crypto?

Did one manufacture do something to the other? Some bad business practice here, or something?
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #178 (permalink)

I don't really care about why company A dislikes company B. It's competition.
Gaeta loves Tim's artwork it was kinda a shock when they dismissed him.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't really care about why company A dislikes company B. It's competition.
Gaeta loves Tim's artwork it was kinda a shock when they dismissed him.
I love Tim's work. You always come off like a business man, so I'm curious why Crypto has an issue with Breygent - and not other manufactures that Tim would work with.

Thought there might be an underlining issue... Guess not. :turkey::turkey::turkey:
Peanuts 1 (1953)
Peanuts: 1-4 (1963-64)
Zerokruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
That doesn't make it the reason why he's not doing work for CZE anymore.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #181 (permalink)

Probably is. Probably has to do with licenses. I try not to get too deep into the weeds about companies because I'll never really know. It's like Tim said, why would they allow him to sell prints and PSC's right there in front of Crypt execs then lower the hammer. Throw in the disdain for Breygent for what ever reason and we can only conclude that Crypt has it in for Breygent maybe due to some of the licenses Breygent was able to snag that possibly Crypt was bidding for. That part is all speculation. Plus AMC shut down artists and some others attending a Walking dead tribute Convention because they were attending so no one was allowed to sell prints merch or art with AMC walking dead on em. Prints and merch I can see but if i was an artist selling original artwork at the con and any AMC stooge came close to me with demands I'd be spending time in jail today. No one has any right to tell anyone they cannot draw something. It's free speech, free expression, artistic expression. Anyone who attended that con and cowered under the AMC rules deserves to have lost money.
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Bartowski View Post
That doesn't make it the reason why he's not doing work for CZE anymore.
Sure it does. They knew Tim was selling PSC's and prints of WD. They gave him tacit approval by not saying anything. They wanted him to not work for anyone else especially Breygent, for whatever reason, when he refused he was shitcanned. 2+2=4. Yeah they can say things changed about him doing WD prints and PSC's but a warning would and should have sufficed. Toss in his refusal and it's the only conclusion you can make and that's what Tim came to.
He did ask George who finally, according to Tim, after 4 months answered him on Sketch Cards Fanatics on Facebook. After that George deleted his membership at SCF which he was also a mod of and left. Like I said Tim posted a pic of himself sitting at a table at some con and right there is Miranda and George from Cryptozoic. On Tim's table is signs selling his Prints and PSC's. Tim was not under contract with anyone, he's freelance, if Crypt wanted him exclusive give him a contract and a pay raise to compensate the loss form other jobs.

Last edited by justice41; 11-19-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #183 (permalink)

Micheone autograph added to the first series
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #184 (permalink)

wahoooooooo !!!!! great news
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #185 (permalink)

AMC is now going after artists who are selling original artwork of the WD. AMC is basically giving the artists and the people who collect the middle finger dipped in shiite
Old 11-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
AMC is now going after artists who are selling original artwork of the WD. AMC is basically giving the artists and the people who collect the middle finger dipped in shiite
AMC is protecting their star franchise. We don't need all these non-licensed products diluting the market and, therefore, the values of legitimate items.

Look at all the 'fake' printed autographs that are listed on Feebay from Australia. I wish AMC could stop more of the non-licensed stuff.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
AMC is protecting their star franchise. We don't need all these non-licensed products diluting the market and, therefore, the values of legitimate items.

Look at all the 'fake' printed autographs that are listed on Feebay from Australia. I wish AMC could stop more of the non-licensed stuff.
This. I blame my business degrees, but I'm definitely on the opposite side from most artists posting on the subject. It's their right to protect their brand and when the infringement gets to a certain level there is no longer the option of looking the other way, they do something about it or risk their trademarks/copyrights/etc. It really bothers me that artists are so hypocritical about the situation, when so many want protection for their own original creative endeavors. Be happy you got to play in their sandbox as long as you did... it was nice of them to allow it up to this point, not unfair of them to change their minds.

Also, when artists are selling the unlicensed work they're doing it for profit, not as fans. The money's flowing the wrong way to pretend it's supporting the show, so saying that AMC is hurting themselves by enforcing their rights is ridiculous.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #188 (permalink)

well the artists have every right to draw whatever they want and sell it. No one can stop them. They can be stopped from using online venues of course but no one is entitled to use any private owned marketplace like eBay. The print stuff I believe is IP theft. But stopping artists at cons from selling original artwork should never be allowed.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelton View Post
This. I blame my business degrees, but I'm definitely on the opposite side from most artists posting on the subject. It's their right to protect their brand and when the infringement gets to a certain level there is no longer the option of looking the other way, they do something about it or risk their trademarks/copyrights/etc. It really bothers me that artists are so hypocritical about the situation, when so many want protection for their own original creative endeavors. Be happy you got to play in their sandbox as long as you did... it was nice of them to allow it up to this point, not unfair of them to change their minds.

Also, when artists are selling the unlicensed work they're doing it for profit, not as fans. The money's flowing the wrong way to pretend it's supporting the show, so saying that AMC is hurting themselves by enforcing their rights is ridiculous.
Talking about original artwork not prints and copies or other Merch.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post

What aside from sketch cards has any value that AMC allows or licenses? Autographs, signed photo's, posters, t-shirts?
I don't blame them for going after people making prints and t-shirts or mugs or whatever but trying to tell artists what we can or cannot draw or paint. F them. We have free expression, artistic freedom and free speech.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
well the artists have every right to draw whatever they want and sell it. No one can stop them. They can be stopped from using online venues of course but no one is entitled to use any private owned marketplace like eBay. The print stuff I believe is IP theft. But stopping artists at cons from selling original artwork should never be allowed.
Quote:
Talking about original artwork not prints and copies or other Merch.
No. They own the likenesses, period. The law looks at whether you would make the same amount of money drawing something else - and if so, then why aren't you? If not, then you are unlawfully benefiting from their property. The reason you can get away with taking commissions, generally, is because you are selling your services (The commissioner says "I love your art, I want YOU to draw this for me"). The reason you cannot sell pre-drawn art is because you are trading on the IP (The buyer says "I love this character, I collect things they are on.").

You CAN draw whatever you want*, you cannot sell whatever you want.

*In some cases, corporations have won in no profit situations. EG. Disney successfully sued a daycare and forced them to remove a Mickey mural. So then you can draw whatever you want, but you cannot in any way USE what you draw for anything but your own amusement - much like the warning at the beginning of DVD movies; private use only.

Last edited by ashelton; 11-23-2013 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote
ashelton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #192 (permalink)

And sorry to hijack the thread, I'll stop in a sec, I promise... BUT... for anyone who does not understand the copyright/trademark laws and how they apply to even just non-profit fanart, I highly recommend this video - Fan Art Law at Comic-Con - YouTube

It's an hour, but not dry and I found myself listening to the whole thing even knowing most of what was covered.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelton View Post
And sorry to hijack the thread, I'll stop in a sec, I promise... BUT... for anyone who does not understand the copyright/trademark laws and how they apply to even just non-profit fanart, I highly recommend this video - Fan Art Law at Comic-Con - YouTube

It's an hour, but not dry and I found myself listening to the whole thing even knowing most of what was covered.
Im only 5 minutes in, and im finding it hard to listen to. The repetitive use of "umm..." is killin me. But im gonna stay with it in hopes I learn a little somethin.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #194 (permalink)

so is march still the release date ?
Old 11-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma138 View Post
so is march still the release date ?
February is the only release I've heard. I haven't heard about it getting pushed back to March
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 07:51 PM   #196 (permalink)

confused , every site says something different .
Old 12-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #197 (permalink)

Not sure if this was posted but Cryptozoic updated their site with Walking Dead Season 3 Part 2.

The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 3 Part 2 | Cryptozoic Entertainment

Looks pretty good so far and you know they'll get David Morrissey for this set. Nice to see Lennie James in there again, I keep hoping he will show up again on the show.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #198 (permalink)

I can't wait for this set to come out. Very anxious!
Obi-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #199 (permalink)

Is it just me or has this release been more confusing to follow than the last one? I mean I've heard pretty much nothing from every website so far and at this stage in the game last year I already had cards in hand.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 09:00 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by durstlimpbizkit View Post
Is it just me or has this release been more confusing to follow than the last one? I mean I've heard pretty much nothing from every website so far and at this stage in the game last year I already had cards in hand.
Agreed ! I am in Australia and cards were being busted as we speak, no updates official or otherwise, and crytopzoic say signers in bold have returned their cards and NONE are in bold, lucky if this is out by March at this rate and that's only set 1. hmmmmmm
steveskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote