Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #201 (permalink)

Retail cases are up for pre-order on one of the rival sites. Special retail only cards in it too. Cash grab by cryptozoic IMO.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveskywalker View Post
Agreed ! I am in Australia and cards were being busted as we speak, no updates official or otherwise, and crytopzoic say signers in bold have returned their cards and NONE are in bold, lucky if this is out by March at this rate and that's only set 1. hmmmmmm
Just thought I'd share the initial release dates I've been given from distributors. Doesn't mean they will not change tho!

Part 1: Feb 9th
Part 2: April 30th.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #203 (permalink)

Is the walker chase set the only retail exclusive cards? Because I don't see anything else
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Is the walker chase set the only retail exclusive cards? Because I don't see anything else
that's it
Old 12-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #205 (permalink)

I'm tired of tying up my hard earned money as well guessing who's signing & who's going to be sp'd or not. As some point it becomes a turn off.

Last edited by Kodiak10; 12-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #206 (permalink)

The distrubutor I have my cases ordered through has a Febuary 19th release on part 1. Who knows if that's accurate though.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #207 (permalink)

any new news on the release of this and breaking bad?
Old 12-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #208 (permalink)

Walking Dead Part 1 - Feb 19
Walking Dead Part 2 - April 30
Breaking Bad - March 19

Walking Dead retail has special chase cards, but the autos and relics are impossible to hit. About 1 auto or relic per case.
Tylerg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #209 (permalink)

Blowout put up their box and case prices today.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #210 (permalink)

Smh at BO's prices...almost 2k for a case. C'mon son
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #211 (permalink)

Yeah, I can't imagine many people ordering at that price. Definitely worth shopping around or waiting until closer to the release date.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #212 (permalink)

I could have had some not a full case for around $80 a box, but just not worth tying up my money anymore for any sport/non sport for months on end. This goes beyond the hobby and with no definitive release date, finalized checklist and possible redemptions; just not fun.

I now laugh when presales goes up for products 6-12 months down the road with no refund on deposit, just not right when the product isn't finalized.
Kodiak10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:01 PM   #213 (permalink)

This is a perfect example of why I NEVER buy from blowout.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #214 (permalink)

Are they serious? More like blowout your wallet..

Shop around guys you can get these cases for under $1000 all over the place.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #215 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
Are they serious? More like blowout your wallet..

Shop around guys you can get these cases for under $1000 all over the place.
Where? Perhaps you're talking about the retail cases but no hobby cases are listed anywhere online as of today, I searched the 8 different sites from work today that I know of.

In no way am I stating that people should buy at this price tho.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:52 PM   #216 (permalink)

I learned from Season Two that it's way cheaper to go after the autographs rather than buy a bunch of boxes. If this pricing keeps up there is no way I will even touch a box just for fun.

But I kinda get it as well. Look at all the releases that Cryptozoic has put out that is selling below it's initial MSRP, some way below and probably at a loss. With Big Bang Theory not doing so hot this year either you really have to make up your money on a product or two to make carrying the whole line worth it. Not saying it's right or wrong for Blowout to sell them at that price, but I can understand their viewpoint.

I still really like Cryptozoic but I feel as if they are beginning to lose their way. You have Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey yet to release when the second movie is out already. You have a Pacific Rim set that is yet to come out when the movie has come and gone already. You couldn't get Kaley Cuoco in the latest Big Bang set. And you still have yet to lock down some of the bigger names for the Breaking Bad set. I still think they are the best non-sport manufacturer right now but I wish they would focus a bit more on the bigger properties and locking down the bigger names so they can continue to go after licenses that have a huge fan base that is also ready and willing to buy everything related to that license. I just don't see Downton Abbey fans, for example, going crazy for cards related to that series.
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:23 PM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
I learned from Season Two that it's way cheaper to go after the autographs rather than buy a bunch of boxes. If this pricing keeps up there is no way I will even touch a box just for fun.

But I kinda get it as well. Look at all the releases that Cryptozoic has put out that is selling below it's initial MSRP, some way below and probably at a loss. With Big Bang Theory not doing so hot this year either you really have to make up your money on a product or two to make carrying the whole line worth it. Not saying it's right or wrong for Blowout to sell them at that price, but I can understand their viewpoint.

I still really like Cryptozoic but I feel as if they are beginning to lose their way. You have Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey yet to release when the second movie is out already. You have a Pacific Rim set that is yet to come out when the movie has come and gone already. You couldn't get Kaley Cuoco in the latest Big Bang set. And you still have yet to lock down some of the bigger names for the Breaking Bad set. I still think they are the best non-sport manufacturer right now but I wish they would focus a bit more on the bigger properties and locking down the bigger names so they can continue to go after licenses that have a huge fan base that is also ready and willing to buy everything related to that license. I just don't see Downton Abbey fans, for example, going crazy for cards related to that series.
Only thing I disagree with in the above is Cuoco being omitted from the latest BBT release being a problem. They shouldn't have all the top signers in every release.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 PM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnac View Post
Only thing I disagree with in the above is Cuoco being omitted from the latest BBT release being a problem. They shouldn't have all the top signers in every release.
I agree, it just waters down the value of her auto if they did. They didn't include her, and her auto value has gone up.
Bryanjs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #219 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post

you can get these cases for under $1000 all over the place.
where?????????
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #220 (permalink)

Arrow The Walking Dead Season 3 Part 1

The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 3 Part 1

In this uncertain, apocalyptic world, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his band of survivors must not only fight the dead, but also face a whole new fear: the living. Driven from their sanctuary at the Greene farm, Rick and the other survivors find a new home behind walls once used to contain the threats to society, a largely abandoned prison. Although the group struggles to secure their new residence from the dangers within, they must soon come to terms with a new danger, a nearby survival community. Collect every intense, nail-biting moment as Rick, Lori, Maggie, Glenn, and the other survivors fight to survive in this new and dangerous world. Look for randomly inserted Autograph, Wardrobe and Sketch cards.

Key Features:
  • Base set features episodic images from season 3 of AMC's hit series!
  • Authentic Autographs from the cast included
  • Production-used costumes from the Walkers and cast
  • Sketch cards featuring cast likeness and Walkers
  • Based on Robert Kirkman's best-selling graphic novels
  • The most watched drama in basic cable history!

Product Details:

Release Date: Q2, 2014
Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box
MSRP: $3.50 per pack
Base Set: Features episodic images from season three
Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs), Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs), and Sketch cards (1:288 packs)

Autograph Signers (Signers in Bold have returned cards, Signers with an * are under contract): Andrew Lincoln*, Norman Reedus*, Danai Gurira*, Lauren Cohan*, Steven Yeun*, Melissa McBride*, Vincent M. Ward*, IronE Singleton*, Emily Kinney*, Lew Temple*, Greg Nicotero*, and Scott Wilson*

Promotional Cards:
NSU 1/2 - Non-Sport Update Magazine (December 2013/January 2014)

Sketch Card Artists

Ingrid Hardy
Lee Lightfoot
Mikey Babinski
Tim Proctor
Vince Sunico

Autograph List:

A1
A2
A3
A4
A5
A6
A7
A8
A9
A10 Vincent M. Ward

Gallery:

A10 Vincent M. Ward

Sketches:

Ingrid Hardy

Lee Lightfoot

Mikey Babinski

Tim Proctor

Vince Sunico

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 02-27-2014 at 09:14 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #221 (permalink)

Arrow The Walking Dead Season 3 Part 2

The Walking Dead Trading Cards Season 3 Part 2

In this uncertain, apocalyptic world, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his band of survivors must not only fight the dead, but also face a whole new fear: the living. Another group of survivors is not far away, led by a dangerous and powerful man, The Governor. The Walking Dead Season 3 Part 2 trading cards focus on The Governor and the survivors living in Woodbury. Collect every intense, nail-biting moment as Rick, Daryl, and Michonne stand-up to The Governor and his plot to steal the prison. Look for randomly inserted Autograph, Wardrobe and Sketch cards.

Key Features:
  • Base set features episodic images from season 3 of AMC's hit series!
  • Authentic Autographs from the cast included
  • Production-used costumes from the Walkers and cast
  • Sketch cards featuring cast likeness and Walkers
  • Based on Robert Kirkman's best-selling graphic novels
  • The most watched drama in basic cable history!

Product Details:

Release Date: Q2, 2014
Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box
MSRP: $3.50 per pack
Base Set: Features episodic images from season three
Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs), Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs), and Sketch cards (1:288 packs)

Autograph Signers (Signers in Bold have returned cards, Signers with an * are under contract): Andrew Lincoln*, Norman Reedus*, Danai Gurira*, Laurie Holden*, Dallas Roberts*, Jose Pablo Cantillo*, Chad L. Coleman*, Sonequa Martin-Green*, Travis Love*, Melissa Ponzio*, Greg Nicotero* and Lennie James*

Binder:

Promotional Cards:
NSU 2/2 - Non-Sport Update Magazine (February/March 2014)

Last edited by SerialKilnWalkr; 01-16-2014 at 06:04 PM.
SerialKilnWalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #222 (permalink)

Nice. Aside from the fact that seemingly no signers right now is probably going to push things back I'm excited as usual.
Now the constant checking of websites to find a decent priced box (or 2) to pre-order.
Uter79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:14 PM   #223 (permalink)

Unfortunately looks like no one has returned their signed cards for the Part 1 release as of yet.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #224 (permalink)

Q2 is April earliest... I'm not liking having prepaid for a bunch of this

Soon, with Cryptozoic selling these products so early, well be waiting a year after paying to receive anything.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #225 (permalink)

I'm actually surprised it's taking this long.

I think it's a mistake they split this into two series now because who knows when we'll be getting either one with how friggin slow they've been on this.

Whatever though... I wouldn't be sad at this point if they canceled it and I got my money back.
durstlimpbizkit is offline   Reply With Quote