Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 11:42 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinator View Post
I want to buy some, but only if my store hasn't been picked through already. I went to my local Target tonight and they only had 18 packs ou of 24 left, so I figured I wouldn't stand a chance of getting a costume. Sucks too because most stores only get 1 box of this in. Gonna try another Target tomorrow.
Can you really feel a difference in the package between a costume and non costume dog tag? Seems like due to everything in the packaging it would be near impossible.
CAS239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
I want to buy some, but only if my store hasn't been picked through already. I went to my local Target tonight and they only had 18 packs ou of 24 left, so I figured I wouldn't stand a chance of getting a costume. Sucks too because most stores only get 1 box of this in. Gonna try another Target tomorrow.
The relic could still be there. It's a limited release, so I plan on buying what I can. Once it runs dry in stores that's it.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #53 (permalink)

I put mine up on eBay though. All 4 I bought today. After looking at them, I decided since I won't have a full set, or even half a set, I don't feel the need to spend more money on them. Cash flow is a little low right now anyways, so I know I shouldn't have bought them in the first place lol

Their on eBay, but if any of you on here want them, just let me know. I'd rather skip eBay fees and have someone on BO purchase them. Preferably all 4 at once though instead of just 1.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #54 (permalink)

That is also what steered me away from Vampire Diaries from CZE is that none of the actual fabric pieces did not match the photo of clothing on the actual card. I mean really, who's to say they did not just grab a shirt and stick it in the card or tag and said, here you go you have an authentic piece of wardrobe....I just do not believe or feel comfortable having a costume card with (for example) a black swatch and the character on the card wearing a green blouse....probably just me....usually is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davesportscards View Post
Well here's what you need to think about. Some of the Costume Tags are featured in three different release sets (Hobby, Target, Walmart). The actors wear numerous different articles of clothing throughout the season. So they wont always match. The relic may match the Hobby Tag image, but wont match the others if they feature a different photo. They only obtain a limited amount of shirts for these. Maybe only 1 or 2 per character. IMO I don't see what it matters if the relic piece matches the clothing in the picture.
yorkbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
Can you really feel a difference in the package between a costume and non costume dog tag? Seems like due to everything in the packaging it would be near impossible.
Yes, the costume piece is way heavier than the regular dog tag....you can automatically feel the difference just by feel....almost like the scales of justice
Old 08-30-2013, 12:11 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkbag View Post
That is also what steered me away from Vampire Diaries from CZE is that none of the actual fabric pieces did not match the photo of clothing on the actual card. I mean really, who's to say they did not just grab a shirt and stick it in the card or tag and said, here you go you have an authentic piece of wardrobe....I just do not believe or feel comfortable having a costume card with (for example) a black swatch and the character on the card wearing a green blouse....probably just me....usually is....
Well like I said, the picture is meaningless. If Maggie is shown in a pink shirt, who's to say they didn't just buy a $5 pink shirt from walmart and cut it up? I guess you either trust relics or you don't.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #57 (permalink)

A picture is worth a thousand words.....

Quote:
Well like I said, the picture is meaningless. If Maggie is shown in a pink shirt, who's to say they didn't just buy a $5 pink shirt from walmart and cut it up? I guess you either trust relics or you don't.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
A picture is worth a thousand words.....
So I guess you're saying...

This relic is fake...

And this one is real...just because you can see her pink tank top...
Old 08-30-2013, 12:32 AM   #59 (permalink)

No, not necessarily fake, I never said that.....I just don't like or trust the "card/tag" when it is not the same garment as pictured. Like I said earlier, it is probably just me....I prefer to have the same fabric swatch as what is pictured on the actual card/tag is all. I know Walking Dead in and out. And, a perfect example of last years dog tags was Lori.....there were three completely different fabric swatches than what she actually ever wore on any episode. Glenn last dog tag set too....again, it is probably just me.

Just my opinion......

Last edited by yorkbag; 08-30-2013 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Just my opinion......
Old 08-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
No, not necessarily fake, I never said that.....I just don't like or trust the "card/tag" when it is not the same garment as pictured. Like I said earlier, it is probably just me....I prefer to have the same fabric swatch as what is pictured on the actual card/tag is all. I know Walking Dead in and out. And, a perfect example of last years dog tags was Lori.....there were three completely different fabric swatches than what she actually ever wore on any episode. Glenn last dog tag set too....again, it is probably just me.

Just my opinion......

=

=
Old 08-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #61 (permalink)

I guess you like to go around and around.....

The Lori white swatch in the new update dog tag has nothing to do with any garment she has ever worn. I know the blouse she is wearing while hanging clothes on the line....I have about half a dozen variants of those and it is not the same fabric as what is pictured on this new update of dog tags....

Again, and I repeat, this is only my opinion.....does not make me wrong or right.....it is my opinion.....that is all......

Stick a fork in me, I am done.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess you like to go around and around.....

The Lori white swatch in the new update dog tag has nothing to do with any garment she has ever worn. I know the blouse she is wearing while hanging clothes on the line....I have about half a dozen variants of those and it is not the same fabric as what is pictured on this new update of dog tags....

Again, and I repeat, this is only my opinion.....does not make me wrong or right.....it is my opinion.....that is all......

Stick a fork in me, I am done.
Someone's crabby. I've shown you proof of swatches matching clothing pieces worn by the characters. I guess you don't like proof. If you are so skeptical of them then why do you have half a dozen?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Someone's crabby. I've shown you proof of swatches matching clothing pieces worn by the characters. I guess you don't like proof.
I am not crabby. Thank you for the compliment. Glad you are up late and in a mood to argue....geez

The Lori swatch on the current dog tag update DOES NOT MATCH ANY PHOTO you have provided. The texture on that swatch has nothing to do with the same blouse she is wearing while hanging clothes on the line....sorry

Compare the fabric with the attached photo....NOT THE SAME
Attached Thumbnails
walking dead bulls-i-toy dog tags update season 2 boxes-lorim2.jpg  

Last edited by yorkbag; 08-30-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:05 AM   #64 (permalink)

While we're on the topic..I really wouldn't care about such a tiny wardrobe piece matching the pic on the dog tag. But when it comes to cards, the color swatch matching is a big like for me.

I love that Crytpo does a pretty good job at applying the correct pic on the card for the corresponding wardrobe piece. I really like to be able to see the character wearing it and knowing what scene it came from. From cards I have, they did a good job with that within Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
I am not crabby. Thank you for the compliment. Glad you are up late and in a mood to argue....geez

The Lori swatch on the current dog tag update DOES NOT MATCH ANY PHOTO you have provided. The texture on that swatch has nothing to do with the same blouse she is wearing while hanging clothes on the line....sorry
Are you serious? I provided 2 photos. Which correspond to the relic tags. So you're an expert on stitching? I'm not arguing. I'm debating. You're the one denying everything that's being put down in front of you.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:09 AM   #66 (permalink)

Thank you, Cas. That is the point I have been trying to make. On the CZE Walking Dead cards it is obvious....on the dog tags, some are questionable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS239 View Post
While we're on the topic..I really wouldn't care about such a tiny wardrobe piece matching the pic on the dog tag. But when it comes to cards, the color swatch matching is a big like for me.

I love that Crytpo does a pretty good job at applying the correct pic on the card for the corresponding wardrobe piece. I really like to be able to see the character wearing it and knowing what scene it came from. From cards I have, they did a good job with that within Walking Dead and Big Bang Theory.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:

Compare the fabric with the attached photo....NOT THE SAME
You haven't read a single thing I have typed. You're right. That swatch is fake because you're an expert on stitching and it does not match the photo provided.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you serious? I provided 2 photos. Which correspond to the relic tags. So you're an expert on stitching? I'm not arguing. I'm debating. You're the one denying everything that's being put down in front of you.
Call me fabric anal or crazy.....no need for a microscope are magnifying glass....they are NOT the same.....
Attached Thumbnails
walking dead bulls-i-toy dog tags update season 2 boxes-loridog.jpg   walking dead bulls-i-toy dog tags update season 2 boxes-lorim2.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Call me fabric anal or crazy.....no need for a microscope are magnifying glass....they are NOT the same.....
They're from different shirts! Are you kidding me?
Old 08-30-2013, 01:16 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
You haven't read a single thing I have typed. You're right. That swatch is fake because you're an expert on stitching and it does not match the photo provided.
Again, NOT THE SAME FABRIC
Attached Thumbnails
walking dead bulls-i-toy dog tags update season 2 boxes-dm03.jpg  
Old 08-30-2013, 01:18 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Again, NOT THE SAME FABRIC
OMG. She wore more than 1 shirt. You don't seem to understand that.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
OMG. She wore more than 1 shirt. You don't seem to understand that.
Bottom line....it is NOT the shirt as pictured. That is where my original concern began.....the dog tag should show the same garment in the photo as provided as the actual costume piece.
Old 08-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #73 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to imthegrinch Send a message via Yahoo to imthegrinch

i use the a+g sized pages for my wwe tags and they fit in there great.have a whole binder of them.i think each page holds like 25ish tags.

http://brianscard.blogspot.com/
imthegrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:34 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
The relic could still be there. It's a limited release, so I plan on buying what I can. Once it runs dry in stores that's it.
I did luck out at wal-mart today. 23/24 packs left, but the dog tag was still there. Easy to tell because it was heavier and then i did a feel for the hole where the relic is. I also got to a Target that just got them in too so I was able to pick up a second relic.

However, out of all the Wal-Marts near me, only half have more than just pokemon/yu-gi-oh/magic cards and a few sports cards. However, every Target carries these by me.

Unfortunately I dropped the ball this week and 7/9 stores I went to the costume tags were gone.

I did manage to get Shane and the picture relics though, so 2 of the 3 best tags IMO.

I'm still waiting on my local hot topic stores to get them in so I can score a Rick relic too!
mikeinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I did luck out at wal-mart today. 23/24 packs left, but the dog tag was still there. Easy to tell because it was heavier and then i did a feel for the hole where the relic is. I also got to a Target that just got them in too so I was able to pick up a second relic.

However, out of all the Wal-Marts near me, only half have more than just pokemon/yu-gi-oh/magic cards and a few sports cards. However, every Target carries these by me.

Unfortunately I dropped the ball this week and 7/9 stores I went to the costume tags were gone.

I did manage to get Shane and the picture relics though, so 2 of the 3 best tags IMO.

I'm still waiting on my local hot topic stores to get them in so I can score a Rick relic too!

so is their a difference between searching packs and searching dog tag packs?
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote