Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best source for price guide on Nonsport auto/relic cards?

I know there is NSU magazine but some of the prices in there need to be updated. Is there any online database for a nonsport price guide? Please post here, thanks!
ChristianSaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

only current i can think of is recent ebay sold listings

anything else imo outdated
ricksam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Pretty much agree. Don't think you can really rely on a printed price guide for much. Maybe for older stuff, but for current releases eBay is going to be your biggest marketplace so looking through sold listings will give you the best idea for current market value.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

eBay is the standard. I can't even imagine trying to use a 'price guide' for non sport sets. Some of the autographs from sets that released a decade ago have hundreds of dollars of variance in selling prices. It just depends on who is bidding and paying attention at any given time.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ive always hated price guides, the moment they are printed they are outdated. Ebay completed listings is only way to go... constant, real time prices. Just make sure you look at SOLD prices not ASKING prices. Ive had too many people say this turd is selling for $5000 on eBay... no its not being sold at all, someone may be asking that, but nobody is paying that.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the help guys. I guess eBay is the only way to go. But there's a few cards I have that I haven't seen listed on eBay for at least a couple years, maybe more? For example I have a few 1/1 masterpiece cards from American Idol Seasons 3 and 4.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

That is the downfall of eBay as a price guide. Once something isn't 'current' it gets dicey. Nothing pops up for 3 months and it may as well have never existed.
Spider-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 AM   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I don't like that about eBay. I'm also curious about the Adam Lambert autograph card I have from the American Idol 8 series by Upper Deck. The last time I saw it on eBay it went for over $250 but that was months ago.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

Probably hard to put values on 1/1 all it is worth is what someone will pay and what a seller will take. So no real way of knowing until you sell it. You could always list with a reserve and see what it ends up at if you are really curious. Although even then it all depends on who sees it.
kapz01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianSaad View Post
I know there is NSU magazine but some of the prices in there need to be updated. Is there any online database for a nonsport price guide? Please post here, thanks!
I believe Beckett.com has some non-sport pricing. NSU's price guide seems really outdated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianSaad View Post
Thanks for the help guys. I guess eBay is the only way to go. But there's a few cards I have that I haven't seen listed on eBay for at least a couple years, maybe more? For example I have a few 1/1 masterpiece cards from American Idol Seasons 3 and 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
That is the downfall of eBay as a price guide. Once something isn't 'current' it gets dicey. Nothing pops up for 3 months and it may as well have never existed.
When there has been times in which an older card that I'm looking for doesn't have a completed auction, I find that a fairly recent price guide useful as a point of reference so I can have a price range in mind. Of course, having those completed auctions as reference is a better tool to utilize in determine "current" prices.

But for 1/1 Masterpieces cards from American Idol Seasons 3 and 4, that might be tough to locate a price. You might have to compare it to other 1/1 cards to determine a price range and go from there.

Hope you find some type reference tool to help you find what you are looking for. That's a tough one.
80s Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

What price "guide" is best? I like vintagecardprices but I don't know if that is a competitor to this site. It gives SOLD values of cards from many auction sites, including, of course, Ebay. The nice thing is it has a long history. It gives you a decent general idea of what cards have sold for and what they sell for now. The huge drawback is that it doesn't track non authenticated cards.

With that being said, I would say SMR is the worst. It currently has 1959 Fleer Indian Trading at PSA-8 for $25, PSA-9 for $65, and no listing for PSA 10's. Generally, you can find PSA-9's at around $25 or less. So you are thinking that your PSA 9's are worth about $65 and they are not even worth half that (re-sell value, not the value you have personally for the card).
jellyfishspine is offline   Reply With Quote