Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 05:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1/1 Julia Roberts question HELP Please!

Just want all ur opinions on this. I am looking at a 1/1 National Convention Julia Roberts auto. He was asking 225 but i think that is a little high. What do u think? There are 5 Psa/DNA auto 8x10 autos and the guy is asking 225 but NONE have sold. Please any info would be very helpful!

My Bucket is
http://s569.photobucket.com/home/lovebrittneys
maggliofan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggliofan01 View Post
Just want all ur opinions on this. I am looking at a 1/1 National Convention Julia Roberts auto. He was asking 225 but i think that is a little high. What do u think? There are 5 Psa/DNA auto 8x10 autos and the guy is asking 225 but NONE have sold. Please any info would be very helpful!
Is this the card that was listed on here yesterday ? If so, what's the point of this post ? If me and a few others tell you that's a good price you're still not going to pay it. Do you want a bunch of people to post that its too much in the hopes he'll sell it to you cheaper ? If you told him you think that's a little high and he still wants the $225. then you will pay $225. for it or you don't get it. Seems pretty simple to me.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

No it isn't that I expect a lower price but there is NOTHING to look at for comparison to see what it should sell for - i don't want to pay to much for a card. It is simple if he sets a price but if everyone here says they don't think it is worth the price then I wouldn't buy iy - If they think it is worth hie price then I will - I just want everyones opinions on what they think the value would be

My Bucket is
Old 02-20-2010, 09:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

be careful who you take advice from............. most members can't even shave yet.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

That is true - I don't know what BAM BAM's problem is - This is a FORUM isn't the point to talk to other collectors and get their opinions? Maybe I am wrong but I guess it is taboo to ask if a asking price is to much - or maybe it was just for me to ask that!

My Bucket is
Old 02-20-2010, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I would never pay that kind of money for a living actress. This is a pet peeve of mine. Why do they make these cut cards of living people? Checking ebay of her autograph they sell for $25-$40 on an 8x10. Even giving a premium since it came out of a pack and is slabbed it seems overpriced. You could just buy an auto, cut it and slab it and have the same thing for less than half the price.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:03 AM   #7 (permalink)

Thats kinda how I looked at it also. The PSA/DNA are not selling so thats for sure why I thought it was to high, He said because its a 1/1 that its worth even more than the DNA 8X10. I made a great offer but he acted like it wasnt enough.

My Bucket is
Old 02-21-2010, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Default IMHO...

Quote:
Thats kinda how I looked at it also. The PSA/DNA are not selling so thats for sure why I thought it was to high, He said because its a 1/1 that its worth even more than the DNA 8X10. I made a great offer but he acted like it wasnt enough.
It's a manufactured 1/1 not really special by any means. A 1/1 used to mean an item that was rare and unique. This is a cut up signed photo that was slabbed and labeled to appear special. Why not buy a signed photo for the same price and enjoy that framed on the wall?

Vinny
Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

I like julia a little and thought having the cut auto would be cool. I offered 50 cash and 3 cards that book for 100 and he turned that down so I dont think im going to try anymore. i thought my offer was fair, if not more than fair!

My Bucket is
Old 02-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I like julia a little and thought having the cut auto would be cool. I offered 50 cash and 3 cards that book for 100 and he turned that down so I dont think im going to try anymore. i thought my offer was fair, if not more than fair!
Your offer was fair. If not leaning more towards him getting the better end of the deal. Heres the thing. A chick might want an 8X10 if they like her, so they can hang it up in her office. But on a card? How many woman do you see at card shows that are not there with their husbands/BF's? He'd be lucky if he got $50.00 for it on eBay.

I just wish you would buy it so he stops bumping up all of his threads on it every 2 hours! Or as he calls it "Pump to the Top"
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

I haven't seen him PUMPING it - that is funny - I offered 85 cash because I like it but I don't think it would bring much more than 50 either - I gave up

My Bucket is
Old 03-18-2010, 01:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

My personal opinion on Rare Cut signature cards is that the person has passed on long ago and does not sign anymore, or from a person who never signs, like a JD Salinger before he died recently. This would merit the 1/1 status.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah I agree but Julia Roberts for 250? I don't think so!

My Bucket is
Old 03-18-2010, 06:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I agree but Julia Roberts for 250? I don't think so!
I picked up a 2009 Razor Cut Signature Julia Roberts 1/1 Auto from a great board member here and the price was nowhere close to that. In fact without breaking confidentiality on the deal, it was less than $100.
mike-the-ripper is offline   Reply With Quote