Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013 Goodwin Museum Relics Shipping

On a whim I checked my UD redemption status and to my surprise the 2013 Wild West Relics are in the process of being prepped for shipping. C'mon four of a kind!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

I see a few on ebay, a couple diff. playing card versions, a calendar page and a rail road spike. Pretty nifty. A friend of mine has 5 coming, I'll take photos of them when he gets them...I didn't get any this year after getting a Union Battle Flag Star from last Goodwin. The Wild West theme just didn't do it for me....
coltsnsox07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsnsox07 View Post
I see a few on ebay, a couple diff. playing card versions, a calendar page and a rail road spike. Pretty nifty. A friend of mine has 5 coming, I'll take photos of them when he gets them...I didn't get any this year after getting a Union Battle Flag Star from last Goodwin. The Wild West theme just didn't do it for me....
I bought one redemption and got a poker chip. Pretty satisfied since it was one of the lower tier relics. 2014 Museum Relics are going to be WW1 items. I am VERY excited about these since I am a big WW1/WW2 buff. What do you think about these colts?
ALBASKETBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

I love the WWI idea, I do have to admit the live Museum Collection Relic cards do look pretty cool. I'm getting into this historical stuff more and more. You might appreciate this, I just won an auction of these two pieces from the anchor from Columbus' Santa Maria ship, they were acquired in 1935 when the anchor was at the Chicago Museum of History. It's the only thing left from the ship after it sunk off the coast of Haiti on Dec. 25th, 1492.
http://
coltsnsox07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Very cool colts.Those pieces are screaming for a custom card of their own.wink..wink..
Quote:
I love the WWI idea, I do have to admit the live Museum Collection Relic cards do look pretty cool. I'm getting into this historical stuff more and more. You might appreciate this, I just won an auction of these two pieces from the anchor from Columbus' Santa Maria ship, they were acquired in 1935 when the anchor was at the Chicago Museum of History. It's the only thing left from the ship after it sunk off the coast of Haiti on Dec. 25th, 1492.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Those are VERY cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUCD231 View Post
Very cool colts.Those pieces are screaming for a custom card of their own.wink..wink..
And thus, I agree with this!
PAYING VERY HANDSOMELY FOR THE "O" IN THE 2009 DREW BLEDSOE BY THE LETTER SET. WILL PAY $25 FINDERS FEE IF YOU DIRECT ME TO ONE AND I AM ABLE TO MAKE A DEAL (eBay and COMC listings NOT APPLICABLE/REDEEMABLE)
ssbledsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Very neat piece of history. I'm sticking to buying historic cards right but will eventually move to items like yours. My life long goal is to get a cut autograph of every president...I have 3 right now

Going back to the WW1 Relics, I'm hoping they put some sort of Nazi relic as one of the cards. I know owning Nazi Propaganda is a heavily debated moral topic but the historical value outweighs the negative for me. WW1/WW2 played a major role in shaping the world as we know it and having relics to serve as a reminder of the tragedy that occurred makes a lot of sense to me.
ALBASKETBALL is offline   Reply With Quote