Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Tim

Default incredibly weak content in Upper Deck THOR?

I just re-read the sell sheet and am kinda stunned that in an $85 box they are promising just one hit - an auto or sketch. No mention of wardrobe cards at all. This is really weak compared to the previous Thor release and all the UD Marvel movie releases. If this holds true, this product will be an epic fail.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's so hit and miss with them on non-sports that I have no idea why people even preorder from them. I can't find much about Marvel NOW! from them, other than that it now appears that artist autographs are the new norm for being box hits. NOTHING against the artists that sign but, products need a bit more.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, if there aren't wardrobe cards, this has to drop a lot in price because there is no value at $85/box. There really hasn't been a lot of info on the set though. The initial autograph list looked really good, and if they do come through with 2 wardrobe cards per box, then it will be a good product. But for now, I am waiting for more info, or for some case breaks, before I order any.
aggie4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

I haven't seen a solid mention, but I'd be really surprised if it isn't a three hit box (sketch or auto, plus 2 wardrobes). I feel like that has been the standard since IM2. That said, I'm not even sure when this set is releasing. Movie is out.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Even so I'll be the first in line for a Zachary Levi auto
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

After IM3, I'm pretty hesitant to buy anywhere close to MSRP. Since I don't care much for autographs, hard to justify the cost. I could have bought my IM3 collection on eBay for 1/4 the price I spent on sealed boxes
Old 11-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)

There are a couple of autos I'll be looking for, but in general this set does look like it's less value for the money than the last set. . .
Old 11-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I miss Rittenhouse Archives handling these movie sets.
Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
I miss Rittenhouse Archives handling these movie sets.
You and everybody else who likes information and autographs. I'm hoping Cryptozoic can get into the movie franchise arena eventually. It'd be cool to know what's in a product ahead of time instead of having a company take thousands of dollars from you on preorder and then not put in half of what they suggested would be in there.
Stop buying Panini garbage. Just stop. Next time you feel like you might, just bash yourself in the face with a 2x4 with rusty nails sticking out. Same thing. THEY.DO.NOT.CARE. How hard is it to wrap your mind around that?
nabzy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabzy28 View Post
You and everybody else who likes information and autographs. I'm hoping Cryptozoic can get into the movie franchise arena eventually. It'd be cool to know what's in a product ahead of time instead of having a company take thousands of dollars from you on preorder and then not put in half of what they suggested would be in there.
Crypto is currently in the movie franchise arena with The Hobbit license. I'd love to see them pick up anything Marvel, I've said a million times. I don't think the movie license is as cut and dry as the comic license is. Different aspects of the Marvel Universe are owned by different studios. UD seems to only be putting out stuff in the "Avengers" set. RA had the most recent "Spider-Man" set. Nobody has put out an "X-Men" set for the previous two movies. My guess is lack of interest. If RA is going to do premium sets like they did with Amazing Spider-Man, I'd rather the sets be put out by UD. The value has been crap for the most part, but the content hasn't. Noted exception is that the signers have been weak.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Crypto is currently in the movie franchise arena with The Hobbit license. I'd love to see them pick up anything Marvel, I've said a million times. I don't think the movie license is as cut and dry as the comic license is. Different aspects of the Marvel Universe are owned by different studios. UD seems to only be putting out stuff in the "Avengers" set. RA had the most recent "Spider-Man" set. Nobody has put out an "X-Men" set for the previous two movies. My guess is lack of interest. If RA is going to do premium sets like they did with Amazing Spider-Man, I'd rather the sets be put out by UD. The value has been crap for the most part, but the content hasn't. Noted exception is that the signers have been weak.
They also have the license to Pacific Rim.
Idris Elba, Kat Dennings
Chuck Bartowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

NOT mine. Case closed for me, I will be buying some boxes and hoping to hit that card.

Odds from the box:
Memorabilia Cards 1:12, Sketch Cards and Autograph Cards combine for 1:24, Aether Variant Cards 1:12
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Amazing how they got Hiddleston and Hemsworth to sign. Maybe they are old stickers from the first Thor set, but I'll take it!
Brobocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brobocop View Post
Amazing how they got Hiddleston and Hemsworth to sign. Maybe they are old stickers from the first Thor set, but I'll take it!
Possibly, although Hemsworth signature looks different than the first set and avengers release so maybe Hiddlesteon was left over and they got Hemsworth to sign again.
Bryanjs14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)

that's a sweet dual for sure
hannahs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thor / Sif dual just popped up on feebay.
Nicnac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:40 AM   #17 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to AceGambit3 Send a message via MSN to AceGambit3

Tons of memorabilia in this set, lots to add to the pc. And of course no card stores in my area bothered to order any.
AceGambit3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:06 AM   #18 (permalink)

How much do you think this guy busted? Trying to see if you get multiple autos per case

thor 2013 from stormshadow | eBay
Old 12-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambel View Post
How much do you think this guy busted? Trying to see if you get multiple autos per case

thor 2013 from stormshadow | eBay
There is a case break in the breaks section.

1 Case Thor Dark World Break .. Pretty good stuff.

I am a network admin. If you see me laughing, pray you have a recent backup.
Deathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:03 AM   #20 (permalink)

I wish I could afford a case of this, these cards look great IMO. Not sure, but these cases seem to be loaded. Glad they added relics to the set. Very similar feel as avengers set.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #21 (permalink)

The Chris/Tom auto would be a great card to have, but the actual design of the card is a little boring looking.
Darth Smittyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #22 (permalink)

Interesting auto.
Kane1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Someone posted a 3 case break on NSU and nonsportscard forum. This stuff is amazing looking. UD obviously had super low preorders and LOADED these cases IMO.

P.S. Tim, you should rename this thread lol.
Cujobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobyte View Post
Someone posted a 3 case break on NSU and nonsportscard forum. This stuff is amazing looking. UD obviously had super low preorders and LOADED these cases IMO.

P.S. Tim, you should rename this thread lol.
yeah - glad i put a question mark at the end of it - just goes to show you that sell sheets don't always accurately reflect things. at least with UD they overdeliver on non-sports. unlike topps, who does the bare minimum if you are lucky (thinking recent star wars, not mars attacks).
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
yeah - glad i put a question mark at the end of it - just goes to show you that sell sheets don't always accurately reflect things. at least with UD they overdeliver on non-sports. unlike topps, who does the bare minimum if you are lucky (thinking recent star wars, not mars attacks).
When you release almost no information, its easy to overdeliver... If you pre-ordered IM3, you probably regretted it and didn't pre-order this. At least... that was my experience.