Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Dinosaurs Attack!

OK, anyone know if there will be any Dinosaurs Attack Non Sport Cards for the 25 Anniversary? Reprint or New story? I vaguely remember reading something about this?
patzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Just the comic, far as I know.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was wondering this as well. We just bought a few boxes at the flea market last week.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Seems to me like a hybrid Mars & Dinosaurs Attack product could be a lot of fun, but I'm sure it would not be popular with the long-time fans of each.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Seems to me like a hybrid Mars & Dinosaurs Attack product could be a lot of fun, but I'm sure it would not be popular with the long-time fans of each.
Are you bidding on this?

NYCC Topps Exclusive Mars Attacks Invasion Sketch Cover Matt Frank Dinosaurs | eBay
Old 11-19-2013, 09:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
Heh--I am watching. Not a big sketch cover collector, but that one is pretty cool
Old 11-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeymcgee View Post
Heh--I am watching. Not a big sketch cover collector, but that one is pretty cool
Disappointed to see that one on ebay. The guy who won it said it was for his son, who seemed genuinely thrilled to receive it. Hopefully it goes to his college fund.
alvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
Disappointed to see that one on ebay. The guy who won it said it was for his son, who seemed genuinely thrilled to receive it. Hopefully it goes to his college fund.
Maybe his son will be the high-bidder?
Old 11-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvin View Post
It was my son who won it. He does love it but at 9 years old he enjoys toys more than art. So when he found out he can get $ for it he asked me to sell it. It was his decision not mine. He does have a set of mars attacks invasion in a binder and plans on spending some of the $ on the mars attacks miniature game. I think the experience of winning the sketch has made him a big fan and for sure a future collector.

Sorry to disappoint you Alvin but kids will be kids.
wiltiger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Monsterwaxguy

That was the best card series from Topps in the 1980s. For a while, they were testing it and the sets showed up at the Philly show (or one of those conventions) for $100 and people loved it. The testing went well, so the went into big time printing (same exact plates) and we know what THAT did to the price after they started dumping them. But it shows if they had not printed any more, that set would cost hundreds of dollars today (and be worth it!)

Topps also produced a TV spot that played after school around NYC. I wish that would show up on youtube sometime. It had a dinosaur attacking a movie theater and people running out .

So is the new comic the one they didn't finish printing back in the day, or something completely different?
Monsterwaxguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

I bid on that cover. Doubt I'll continue to. It kinda saddens me because they were so hard to come by. I'm damn lucky I won a Crosby, that won't be going anywhere.

From a quick look at eBay:
Current:
That Dinosaur one (hadn't sold for $350)
A Hamer with a BIN for $299

Sold:
A Hamer sold for $125 (I was outbid on that one )
A Chalker (BIN) sold for $35 (a steal)
A Crosby sold for $173 (not mine)
Old 11-20-2013, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
I bid on that cover. Doubt I'll continue to. It kinda saddens me because they were so hard to come by. I'm damn lucky I won a Crosby, that won't be going anywhere.

From a quick look at eBay:
Current:
That Dinosaur one (hadn't sold for $350)
A Hamer with a BIN for $299

Sold:
A Hamer sold for $125 (I was outbid on that one )
A Chalker (BIN) sold for $35 (a steal)
A Crosby sold for $173 (not mine)

I also bid on the Hamer... At least two people wanted it more than I did. $125 is a great price compared to what he is asking for a blank. I did get the Chalker for a steal though! Funny enough, I originally ran across it as an completed listing that had no bids at $40. I contacted the seller to ask if he still had it and how much he wanted... You know the rest

I'd love to get my hands on a couple more, especially a Crosby, but they are pretty much out of my price range Its cool though. I'm surprised so few have popped up on ebay, actually, considering how many NYCC Sketchapalooza cards showed up. Good to see most people are holding on to them, and glad to hear artists are able to sell their blanks for more than I'm willing to pay. They all did such a great job on the covers to begin with, they really earned it.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

I was surprised that no one bid in it the first time. I certainly would have. Bidding on the Hamer, the price just skyrocketed at the end, and once the price gets up there I find it hard to bid good money for something that was given away.

At least with buying sketch cards on eBay, I can justify that the seller paid $x for a box.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I was surprised that no one bid in it the first time. I certainly would have. Bidding on the Hamer, the price just skyrocketed at the end, and once the price gets up there I find it hard to bid good money for something that was given away.

At least with buying sketch cards on eBay, I can justify that the seller paid $x for a box.
and many got shafted with #@#@#@#@ sketches...on average a good color sketch per case of Heritage and 7 scribbled B&W...upon looking at the ebay listings for Heritage and Invasion I see tons of crap color and B&W sketches...seems the dealers that bought many cases did the best as usual. At $480$-500+ per case for Invasion it was a gamble for the ones that bought 1 or 2 cases. The dealers killed the base set, chase sets, etc. on Heritage and Invasion. In my opinion they will never recover. Can't wait for the next fiasco.
patzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
I feel you on that one.