Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default Value of Topps Chrome Star Wars Perspective Superfractors

Keeping track of the Superfractors sales here. If you bought any and want to tell the price let me know. Thanks.

1E Luke Skywalker
2E Princess Leia Organa Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item35d72c0367
3E Han Solo Unknown http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-S...item35d6b0f4f3
4E Chewbacca
5E C-3PO
6E R2-D2
7E Lando Calrissian
8E Mon Mothma
9E Wedge Antilles 206$ 2014 Topps Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Superfractor 1 1 9E Wedge Antilles | eBay
10E Gial Ackbar UNKNOWN http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item35d6fd478d
11E Yoda SOLD http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=371089067590
12E Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
13E Crix Madine 258$ KH 2014 Topps Chrome Star Wars Perspectives Crix Madine Superfractor 1 1 | eBay
14E Raymus Antilles 195$ 2014 Topps Chrome Star Wars Perspectives Raymus Antilles Superfractor 1 1 | eBay
15E Bail Organa
16E Biggs Darklighter
17E Galen Marek
18E Carlist Rieekan
19E Pharl McQuarrie Pulled on BO
20E Jan Dodonna 200$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...p2047675.l2557
21E Airen Cracken
22E Borsk Fey'Lya 150$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-S...item46202fcee8
23E Garm Bel Iblis
24E Rahm Kota Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item48681721ef
25E Nien Nunb
26E Darth Vader
27E Emperor Palpatine 200$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emperor-Palp...item1c4124fd9e
28E Wilhuff Tarkin
29E Firmus Piett 175$ 2014 Topps Star Wars Chrome Perspectives 1 1 Superfractor 29E Firmus Piett | eBay
30E Maximilian Veers 100$ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...WcYvDAA8gbA%3D
31E Kendal Ozzel
32E Lorth Needa
33E Stormtroopers UNSOLD http://www.ebay.com/itm/STORMTROOPER...item4ad65644ed
34E Bossk
35E Dengar
36E 4-LOM
37E IG-88
38E Zuckuss
39E Boba Fett
40E Sim Aloo
41E Janus Greejatus
42E Kren Blista-Vanee 228$http://www.ebay.com/itm/KREN-BLISTA-...item43c9d30c88
43E Tiaan Jerjerrod
44E Conan Antonio Motti
45E Cassio Tagge Pulled http://www.ebay.com/itm/Emperor-Palp...p2047675.l2557
46E Moradmin Bast Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item1e8cfbc0f0
47E Thrawn
48E Wullf Yularen 308$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-C...p2047675.l2557
49E Siward Cass
50E Jabba The Hutt

1R Luke Skywalker 750$ http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...WcYvDAA8gbA%3D
2R Princess Leia Organa
3R Han Solo Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item4868172277
4R Chewbacca 200$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Star-Wa...p2047675.l2557
5R C-3PO
6R R2-D2
7R Lando Calrissian
8R Mon Mothma
9R Wedge Antilles 407$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEDGE-ANTILL...p2047675.l2557
10R Gial Ackbar 205$ 2014 Topps Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Superfractor 1 1 10R Gial Ackbar | eBay
11R Yoda PULLED on BO
12R Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi $407 http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-TOPPS-C.../251540461031?
13R Crix Madine
14R Raymus Antilles
15R Bail Organa
16R Biggs Darklighter
17R Galen Marek Unsold http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=201137886800
18R Carlist Rieekan
19R Pharl McQuarrie
20R Jan Dodonna 122.50$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-S...item233acbfbf5
21R Airen Cracken 115$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-S...item19edc01c15
22R Borsk Fey'Lya
23R Garm Bel Iblis 157$ Star Wars Chrome Perspectives Superfractor 23R Garm Bel Iblis 1 1 | eBay
24R Rahm Kota 200$http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-STAR-WA...p2047675.l2557
25R Nien Nunb
26R Darth Vader
27R Emperor Palpatine
28R Wilhuff Tarkin
29R Firmus Piett
30R Maximilian Veers
31R Kendal Ozzel Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item5d4d18c9f4
32R Lorth Needa
33R Stormtroopers Pulled on BO
34R Bossk
35R Dengar 206$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-STAR-W.../271507774438? 36R 4-LOM
37R IG-88 Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item1e8cfbc074
38R Zuckuss 200$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-STAR-W...item46205667a9
39R Boba Fett
40R Sim Aloo
41R Janus Greejatus
42R Kren Blista-Vanee
43R Tiaan Jerjerrod 105$ 2014 Topps Star Wars Chrome Perspectives 1 1 Superfractor 43R Tiaan Jerjerrod | eBay
44R Conan Antonio Motti
45R Cassio Tagge
46R Moradmin Bast
47R Thrawn
48R Wullf Yularen
49R Siward Cass
50R Jabba The Hutt

Autograph Superfractors

Paul Blake Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item1e8cfbbf95
Jeremy Bulloch Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Ch...item1e8f6d9eda
Mark Capri
Julian Clover 200$ Julian Glover 2014 Topps Chrome Star Wars Perspectives Superfractor Auto 1 1 | eBay
Kenneth Colley
Anthony Daniels PULLED ON BO
Carrie Fisher Sold http://www.ebay.com/itm/Topps-Carrie...item51c07b1e48
Harrison Ford - Redemption
Mark Hamill
James Earl Jones 3,000$ http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAMES-EARL-J...item35d6d3bf8c
Jack Klaff
Ian Liston
Angus MacInnes
John Ratzenberger Unsold http://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-Topps-S...item486a0ee26c
Tim Rose
Billy Dee Williams

Triple Auto
Ford/Fisher/Hamill 1 pulled?






I am getting interested in this product but I am fairly new to non sports and Star Wars. I was wondering what kind of value the superfractors would bring. In football a superfractor is pretty much the holy grail. An Andrew Luck TC super auto went for 17.5k.

In your opinion what do you think the value of Star Wars Supers will be for:

Common non auto super
Higher end non auto super
Common auto super
Higher end auto super
Harrison Ford auto super
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"

Last edited by Jackg1980; 07-30-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 551
Default

It will be interesting to see. I don't collect sports, so I am not familiar with them. Last year, Upper Deck had great success in introducing Precious Metal Gems into a non-sports products (Marvel Fleer Retro) with the Green x/10 cards selling quite well (especially for key characters). But only a handful of these cards cracked the $1,000 barrier (on eBay at least).

My guess is if Sports card collectors crossover to pick up these Star Wars cards (and the Marvel Fleer Retro successfully brought in sports card collectors), then perhaps these cards will take off to the same levels.
finfangfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by finfangfan View Post
It will be interesting to see. I don't collect sports, so I am not familiar with them. Last year, Upper Deck had great success in introducing Precious Metal Gems into a non-sports products (Marvel Fleer Retro) with the Green x/10 cards selling quite well (especially for key characters). But only a handful of these cards cracked the $1,000 barrier (on eBay at least).

My guess is if Sports card collectors crossover to pick up these Star Wars cards (and the Marvel Fleer Retro successfully brought in sports card collectors), then perhaps these cards will take off to the same levels.
I think if some GPK supers can get 600$ then some non auto supers can get 1k or close to it. What you think?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tinley Park, IL
Posts: 2,115
Default

No chance in hell. Many of the GPK collectors have been collecting particular characters for 30 years, so blood can be spilled over the most collected ones. My guess is that the top base supers would pull about $250-$300.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
No chance in hell. Many of the GPK collectors have been collecting particular characters for 30 years, so blood can be spilled over the most collected ones. My guess is that the top base supers would pull about $250-$300.
Ok that will be cheap and I may be a buyer at that price for a couple of them. What about top auto super values?
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
dashcounter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
No chance in hell. Many of the GPK collectors have been collecting particular characters for 30 years, so blood can be spilled over the most collected ones. My guess is that the top base supers would pull about $250-$300.
yeah i don't even know if it would pull in that much...it's not like there's just 1 card of a single person...the whole set is going to be full of the same people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Ok that will be cheap and I may be a buyer at that price for a couple of them. What about top auto super values?
2500 im guessing for a ford
__________________
Always looking for Kevin Johnson Autos, Jerseys, Patches and Parallels

Also looking for Emma Watson and Kat Dennings
dashcounter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashcounter View Post
yeah i don't even know if it would pull in that much...it's not like there's just 1 card of a single person...the whole set is going to be full of the same people



2500 im guessing for a ford
I think they will go for more but I am not a non sports guy. 2500 for the Ford 1/1? I would of guess the regular auto would be 2k+. Depends on how my funds are I may put a 3k bid on a Ford super on card auto and would be estactic if win it. If any of the major super collectors decide to go after the Ford I wouldn't be suprised if it went over 5k. That's if there is even a Ford. We will see and I may end up getting a case.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:05 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 286
Default

has ford ever signed an on-card before? I thought all his cards had been sticker auto's. I will be both shocked and elated if they get Ford on this product.
daviswr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 04:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 82
Default

I saw in a Beckett awhile back that a Ford auto from one of the recent Star Wars products sold for $3,500. I don't remember if it was a 1/1 or not.
Chuck Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Fan View Post
I saw in a Beckett awhile back that a Ford auto from one of the recent Star Wars products sold for $3,500. I don't remember if it was a 1/1 or not.
The 30th anniversary sold once for 10k. It's Limited to /10.

Top 10 Star Wars Autographs - Cardboard Connection

Also a galactic files sold for 5.4k once.

Beckett News Harrison Ford autograph highlights Topps’ 2012 Stars Wars Galactic Files

This leads me to believe (if) he signs for chrome his super 1/1 may go for 5k, 10k? His first on card autos will be huge.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
No chance in hell. Many of the GPK collectors have been collecting particular characters for 30 years, so blood can be spilled over the most collected ones. My guess is that the top base supers would pull about $250-$300.
I think you're about right. Plus, Star Wars collectors aren't just card collectors, which is typically the case with GPK. Of course, cards of the main characters will go for more, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Bib Fortuna only goes for like $150 tops.

I could be wrong, I'm still shocked at what the Marvel Retro Greens went for.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
I think you're about right. Plus, Star Wars collectors aren't just card collectors, which is typically the case with GPK. Of course, cards of the main characters will go for more, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Bib Fortuna only goes for like $150 tops.

I could be wrong, I'm still shocked at what the Marvel Retro Greens went for.
I think people are underestimating the value of Supers. In the football world supers are king. Not sure how it will translate into the non sports world but GPK seemed to do pretty good.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I think people are underestimating the value of Supers. In the football world supers are king. Not sure how it will translate into the non sports world but GPK seemed to do pretty good.
GPK is its own beast, much like Wacky Packages.

Has there ever been a Star Wars set with 1/1 parallels? I don't recall.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd316 View Post
GPK is its own beast, much like Wacky Packages.

Has there ever been a Star Wars set with 1/1 parallels? I don't recall.
I hope it's a good autograph checklist. I am looking forward to opening some of these and getting a Super or two.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:44 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Ty Hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,884
Default

Didn't Galactic Files series one have gold 1/1s?
Ty Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 10:57 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Hope View Post
Didn't Galactic Files series one have gold 1/1s?
I thought they were /10, but you are correct. Looks like they're going for roughly $100. I'm sure better characters will carry a large premium.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I think people are underestimating the value of Supers. In the football world supers are king. Not sure how it will translate into the non sports world but GPK seemed to do pretty good.
The same mind-set went into predicting the value of supers for GPK. The sports guys were wrong then, and they will likely be wrong again. Those supers that sold for $400-$600 were listed at $1500 and sat collecting dust. Sports guys were predicting they would be easy sells at $1000+. Adam Bomb or Nasty Nick will probably get to that level if they are ever pulled, because they are the most iconic GPKs. Fact of the matter is there is a very short list of collectors (maybe just 1) that is willing to spend $1000+ on a GPK card. A big part of the draw for GPK is that the cards/toys were cheap and silly and fun. The whole 'superfractor' phenomenon has really turned a lot of the 'heritage' collectors off. They would rather spend their money hunting down foreign sets and high grade originals than spending the same to collect 5+ parallels of the same new card. What drove those superfractor sales was sports guys that were reliving their childhood by collecting GPK Chrome OS1. They thought they were getting a deal, buying a 1/1 superfractor for $500.

I think non-sports collectors consider a 1/1 a 1/1 and whether it is a superfractor or not is irrelevant. We haven't yet given in to the standard 20 levels of parallels that is commonplace in sports. We are more demanding. The market is smaller so the prices don't typically skyrocket to such ridiculous numbers, like $17,500 for an autograph from a guy who is young and will sign thousands of autographs in his lifetime. A guy who may have a career ending injury this weekend and only end up on the "what could have been" lists. People like Harrison Ford, a legend in his craft who signs very limited numbers of cards, pull $1000+. The number of signers that pull that number is non-sports is a tiny fraction of what you find in the sports world. A lot of people come over from sports and think non-sports is very similar. It is different. There is also tons of variety within non-sports. The fact that things like Benchwarmers, Thor: The Dark World, Garbage Pail Kids, The Deep, and Marvel Premier all get lumped into the same category is absolutely ridiculous. They are much more different than Basketball vs Football. The entire collecting atmosphere and resale market is different for those sets, whereas sports is pretty much sports.

Anyway. Star Wars is the premier license in non-sports (in my opinion, it has legions of followers well beyond trading cards). Harrison Ford is sometimes worshiped as a demigod. His signature can rise to unpredictable heights, but in my opinion its superfractorness will not be the driver. (Just like it is the 1/1 nature of an Adam Bomb superfractor that would drive the price, not the fact that it superfracts... nobody cares). Common superfractors will be extremely disappointing sales if people think they will go for near $1000 or more.
__________________
My B/S/T thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/564803-spider-fans-fs-ft-thread-5finity-marvel-sketch-cards-inserts-sets-pscs.html
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
The same mind-set went into predicting the value of supers for GPK. The sports guys were wrong then, and they will likely be wrong again. Those supers that sold for $400-$600 were listed at $1500 and sat collecting dust. Sports guys were predicting they would be easy sells at $1000+. Adam Bomb or Nasty Nick will probably get to that level if they are ever pulled, because they are the most iconic GPKs. Fact of the matter is there is a very short list of collectors (maybe just 1) that is willing to spend $1000+ on a GPK card. A big part of the draw for GPK is that the cards/toys were cheap and silly and fun. The whole 'superfractor' phenomenon has really turned a lot of the 'heritage' collectors off. They would rather spend their money hunting down foreign sets and high grade originals than spending the same to collect 5+ parallels of the same new card. What drove those superfractor sales was sports guys that were reliving their childhood by collecting GPK Chrome OS1. They thought they were getting a deal, buying a 1/1 superfractor for $500.

I think non-sports collectors consider a 1/1 a 1/1 and whether it is a superfractor or not is irrelevant. We haven't yet given in to the standard 20 levels of parallels that is commonplace in sports. We are more demanding. The market is smaller so the prices don't typically skyrocket to such ridiculous numbers, like $17,500 for an autograph from a guy who is young and will sign thousands of autographs in his lifetime. A guy who may have a career ending injury this weekend and only end up on the "what could have been" lists. People like Harrison Ford, a legend in his craft who signs very limited numbers of cards, pull $1000+. The number of signers that pull that number is non-sports is a tiny fraction of what you find in the sports world. A lot of people come over from sports and think non-sports is very similar. It is different. There is also tons of variety within non-sports. The fact that things like Benchwarmers, Thor: The Dark World, Garbage Pail Kids, The Deep, and Marvel Premier all get lumped into the same category is absolutely ridiculous. They are much more different than Basketball vs Football. The entire collecting atmosphere and resale market is different for those sets, whereas sports is pretty much sports.

Anyway. Star Wars is the premier license in non-sports (in my opinion, it has legions of followers well beyond trading cards). Harrison Ford is sometimes worshiped as a demigod. His signature can rise to unpredictable heights, but in my opinion its superfractorness will not be the driver. (Just like it is the 1/1 nature of an Adam Bomb superfractor that would drive the price, not the fact that it superfracts... nobody cares). Common superfractors will be extremely disappointing sales if people think they will go for near $1000 or more.
Thanks for your input. I do not think common supers will be 1000$ either. Maybe 300$ish. Guess time will tell. Do you know if Ford is signing. Also I care that it superfracts! Lol. If there was no supers I would not be interested in this product.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Tim
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,962
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Thanks for your input. I do not think common supers will be 1000$ either. Maybe 300$ish. Guess time will tell. Do you know if Ford is signing. Also I care that it superfracts! Lol. If there was no supers I would not be interested in this product.
the fact that you keep focusing on whether Ford is signing raises a red flag to me that you have an improper mindset for this release. (a sports-card mindset.) if ford signs, it will be between 5-25 copies, hardly worth breaking in large quantity to hit a big card. and wax will not retain or go up in value just b/c you may get a ford auto (see GF2). the key selling points here are sketches and parallels. since sketches can be found in other SW products where box prices are a lot less than this, and since parallels for this release are a shaky and certainly unknown proposition, my advice to you is to be very very careful.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 638
Default

I think $300 for a 'superfractor' (whatever that is) is insane. . . the truth of the matter is a lot of it depends on who collects the sets. I think that you'll find that in many cases where the cards bring sports card like prices -- the vast majority of the people buy 'em are sports card guys. Not a whole lot of non-sport guys bought Retro or Premier. You'll barely find a mention of those releases on most boards that focus on non-sport.

You'll find the market is very different between the two hobbies. . . in fact out side of sketch cards, relics and autographs the idea that certain character cards would be more valuable than others is really only seen in sets like GPK and Wackys. . . Before Retro no one cared if your chase card was Spider-Man or Deadpool -- they were all basically selling for the same. . .
__________________
I'm finally on facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/webjon.webjon
webjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Thanks for your input. I do not think common supers will be 1000$ either. Maybe 300$ish. Guess time will tell. Do you know if Ford is signing. Also I care that it superfracts! Lol. If there was no supers I would not be interested in this product.
I hope you're not buying into it looking for the holy grail like the Luck you mentioned that went for $17.5k. The only card likely to sniff that would be the Ford, and I think fetching half of what the Luck went for is a stretch. The only reason the first Ford went for $10k was because it was the first certified Ford auto in any card set, let alone Star Wars. Not that they're flooding the market with them now, but like anything, with every new release there are more and more out there.

I can see a Natalie Portman going for a ridiculous amount, should they get her to sign.

I'm still guessing Supers of really low-level characters in this will be about $150. Solo, Boba Fett, Luke, Leia, and Padme (assuming there will be Prequel characters) will be the big moneymakers. Probably Vader, too.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
Spider-Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,275
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Also I care that it superfracts! Lol. If there was no supers I would not be interested in this product.
Yeah, but most of the people that will collect this stuff do not care. They collect Star Wars, and they are going to collect this set whether or not it has superfractors. I think the primary collector base for this product is more excited about on-card autographs than they are about 'Chrome' technology.

Chrome and refractors seems to be a successful tool for Topps to pull some sports collectors into some non-sports sets. Good for Topps, I guess.

Also, consider GPK Chrome OS1 hobby boxes dropped in value by 50% after two or three months. This fact, paired with the fast price drop of the most recent Star Wars releases will have many collectors hesitant to pre-sale cases of this product. Fewer breaks early on may drive up values on the premium hits, but when the price drops the market will get flooded.
__________________
My B/S/T thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/non-sports-singles-buy-sell-trade/564803-spider-fans-fs-ft-thread-5finity-marvel-sketch-cards-inserts-sets-pscs.html
Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Shelbyville, KY
Posts: 96
Default

Not to mention the Star Wars Collectors on most star wars boards-- are already bitching about this product-- they are still pissed they havent gotten an ROTJ 3D widevision set..

Star Wars colllectors really hate parallels sets-- every once in a while they jump on them-- but other than a select few mega collectors-- they just sit and eventually drop-- no one cares about them..

Many are even discussing boycotting this set because of the parallels-- no one wants them..

Same with similiar autographs-- the first release of Hamill and Fisher were near 1K or more..Now you can grab them for 300 (and Ive seen less). If they put some new blood in there (or someone who hasnt signed in a while)-- maybe they could get some value (Portman, McGregor, Jackson, Knightley or Neeson)-- but I dont see many moving the needle much more..

Not to mention 4 major sets in almost one year-- SW card collectors are burnt out...
stewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,174
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbacca View Post
Not to mention the Star Wars Collectors on most star wars boards-- are already bitching about this product-- they are still pissed they havent gotten an ROTJ 3D widevision set..

Star Wars colllectors really hate parallels sets-- every once in a while they jump on them-- but other than a select few mega collectors-- they just sit and eventually drop-- no one cares about them..

Many are even discussing boycotting this set because of the parallels-- no one wants them..

Same with similiar autographs-- the first release of Hamill and Fisher were near 1K or more..Now you can grab them for 300 (and Ive seen less). If they put some new blood in there (or someone who hasnt signed in a while)-- maybe they could get some value (Portman, McGregor, Jackson, Knightley or Neeson)-- but I dont see many moving the needle much more..

Not to mention 4 major sets in almost one year-- SW card collectors are burnt out...
It will interesting how it plays out. If it can attract some of the Major Superfractor collectors, things can get interesting. One of the Super collectors spends about 50K a month on supers and other 1/1s.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
dd316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewbacca View Post
Not to mention the Star Wars Collectors on most star wars boards-- are already bitching about this product-- they are still pissed they havent gotten an ROTJ 3D widevision set..

Star Wars colllectors really hate parallels sets-- every once in a while they jump on them-- but other than a select few mega collectors-- they just sit and eventually drop-- no one cares about them..

Many are even discussing boycotting this set because of the parallels-- no one wants them..

Same with similiar autographs-- the first release of Hamill and Fisher were near 1K or more..Now you can grab them for 300 (and Ive seen less). If they put some new blood in there (or someone who hasnt signed in a while)-- maybe they could get some value (Portman, McGregor, Jackson, Knightley or Neeson)-- but I dont see many moving the needle much more..

Not to mention 4 major sets in almost one year-- SW card collectors are burnt out...
What message boards are you talking about?

An autograph of any main character that has never signed for a Star Wars set could be huge and bring in some big bucks. Any of the names you mentioned would be big, save for Jackson who I think signed for one of the Widevision sets? But he'd still be a $100+ card. Even though he signed for Indy, George Lucas on a Star Wars card would be massive.
__________________
MY ARTWORK - tdastick.deviantart.com
dd316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.