Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > NON-SPORTS

NON-SPORTS Post Your Non-Sports Cards Hobby talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default THUMBS DOWN 2010 Razor Vault

I was a huge fan of last years product, tackling just shy of 15 cases when all was said and done. Ive just finished opening 1 of the 5 cases I got in today and am not impressed at all. Problem is, in 09 it was great when it was 99% inkworks autographs with some decent pulls. This years is full of junk, and Razor so thoughtfully watered it down with Rittenhouse GARBAGE. I love the 99 cent Jill Teed Battlestar autos Im hitting, and some other mixed Rittenhouse trash. Seriously, this stuff will be a major let down for people who are hoping for anything close to the first 09 product. Even the extra 4th autograph wont save the terrible value this product is at the $50 range. Just my opinion.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mharm2k6

I haven't tried any of this year's product, and only got one box of last years- paid over 60 at a LCS I don't really like, but carries non-sports and didn't get anything worthwhile. I was going to try and pick up a couple boxes on the midweek special (45/box when BO's acquisition price was 38.50 isn't too bad), but missed it. This may be a moronic question, but why did they start inserting all of these Rittenhouse cards?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

My guess would be to both make another Vault product and add that 4th autograph to make us feel good about buying it. Fact is, alot of the stuff I pulled DOESNT get hit for even 99 cents on eBay. The first product was loaded with decent mid-range $15-30 autos, this stuff doesnt have it. Expect lots of Smallville trash, Lost garbage, and TONS of 4400 autos. This stuff, atleast my first case, is beyond terrible. This one could make UD look darn good.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to mharm2k6

What are the sealed boxes you are pulling? Anything good like Alias 1 or 2 (don't know if that's even possible, but it's the first thing to pop into my head).
Old 03-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #5 (permalink)

Out of the case I hit: Alias 3 and 4, Lost 2 and 3, Scooby Doo, Seeker, Golden Compass, Hellboy Animated, Spike, Charmed Men of Sunnyvale, Indiana Jones Movie, Smallville 3 and 6, Andromeda, Family Guy Star Wars x2, Jericho, 4400 Season 1 and 2 and Shrek.
I wasnt really mad about the boxes pulled but the singles are BRUTAL. I can only assume Brian hit up Rittenhouse for thousands of autographs at 25 cents a piece or less to put in this stuff. I didnt get any Heroes boxes, X-Files boxes or AVP which I liked from the first stuff. No case hit type auto, the best auto I got eBay value wise would be Peg Bundy in Lost, Carbonell from Lost. Rest was pretty brutal. TONS of cards that wont get hit for 99 cents.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)

Not a good news for a person who just ordered 6 boxes BUT maybe, just maybe some other guys may get lucky.

I want to get LOST, SOPRANOS, SMALLVILLE, AVP, X- Files cards. Anything else can go.

Also, you've got some nice full boxes if you'll ask me, are you planning to break them up? Perhaps some super rare autos among those boxes, hey, you never know.
FT base/inserts/hits: NBA: 09/10, 10/11 Timeless Treasures, 13/14 Titanium / Other Sport: UFC: 10, 12 KO, 11, 12 Finest, 10 WWE Platinum / NHL: 10-11 Contenders / NFL: 10 Magic / Non-Sport: Iron Man 1, 2, 3, Indiana Jones KOTCS, Marvel 70th Ann., Star Wars Jedi Legacy, Thor, Marvel Universe 2014
S.U.I.Z.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

I do like the boxes. No complaints there.